Is it okay for a guy to date a girl older than him?

I really like this girl but she’s 4 years older and is 24, I don’t really know where to ask her to a date to.

Is it okay to date her? Will people mock me for it?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• As long as the age gap isn't where someone is underage and thier brains aren't on the same level, its perfectly fine. 4 years isn't that big a difference, but it will be somewhat noticeable when you're young. If she really likes you the age won't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on her suitability and on your suitability too. For example - the president of France is with a woman 24 years older than him but even though she is 24 years older than him - she looks better than him. Hugh Jackman has an 18 year difference between him and his wife and they have been married around 2 decades if I remember correctly. Jeff Bezo's wife is several inches taller than him and she pursued him rather than him pursuing her when they first started dating.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's perfectly fine to date an older girl. She's only 4 years older anyway, that's not that much. If she was like 10 years older I'd say that's a little bit much, but 4? Whatever, man, you do you.

Ask her out! Take her to a nice restaurant or go on a hike together or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the country, but in USA dating a cougar is a badge of pride. I would choose an older lady over a younger lady any day. Older lady, also known as cougars, are very good in bed. If you can get a lady that's more than 10 years older, you hit the jackpot. You will have so much fun in bed, that you will think that Earth is Heaven. I would suggest you look for a woman who is in her mid-40s, and divorced with children. These such creatures have an insatiable appetite for lust that can only be quenched by riding 20 year old cocks. Feel blessed that you got the opportunity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see anything wrong with it. From a biological perspective, I think it makes more sense than the other way around, as women tend to live longer than men. That's a bit of a morbid thought, but still relevant in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been on dates with guys who were younger than me and people never mocked us 😂 then again it’s not like you can tell an age difference in someone who’s only 3-4 years older look wise, I feel like a 24 year old might be significantly more mature than a 20 year old though.. it worked for me because I’m not super mature myself but I think it depends a lot on the girl

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're affraid people will mock you if you go out with her, she deserves better

0|1
    0|1
    • Being afraid should not be a problem. Overcoming the fear should be priority.

• It is alright, depends on maturity level of both of you though.

Some people will always mind but not many, not in this case I believe. It's not such a drastic difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes people will mock you if she looks obviously older than you otherwise you're fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes it's okay to date a older girl, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're of age.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's nothing wrong with that, you're of legal age! knock yourself out bud! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Is she better than you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Michael is 20 years younger than him. I want him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Four years isn't a big gap. I know someone whose husband is almost 8 years younger than her. If she's the one you like, just invite her to lunch or something.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• It's perfectly fine. As to where you take her on a date, that depends on what the two of you like to do for fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • People may not mock you (depends it she looks way older than you do) but even if not, she may be way more mature psychologically and can start using you. It's not a rule, but just be aware that this may happen, as women tend not to respect men who are younger than them. It fades away as time passes (same as 2 years difference at age 8 is different when we're talking about people in their 30's), but at age 20 it's still noticeable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before asking her on a date try to get to know her as well as possible first. It's totally fine to date with that age gap. When I was 23 I was dating a 26 year old. I've had even larger age gaps later on.

0|0
    0|0
  • No!! Whatever you do, don't date her. I mean if she was 3 years older then I can understand, but 4? Of course I am being silly, if you are into her go for it. Who cares what other people may think, you will not know if you two connect unless you take a chance. Later on if anything concerning the age gap pops up you can tackle it together. My aunt married a man that was about 30 years older than she was.

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 years is not that big of a deal. However. You had better put your mature face on and ask your older real friends what a 24 yo woman likes now a days. You can do it. My assistant is dating a guy 8 years younger than she is and she’s 38. You got hope !!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its ok to date her and Yes people will mock you but only because you don't know the English language. Learn how to ask a damn poll question dude. An older woman will expect you to be smart enough to do at least that correctly.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course is, after 20 it up to each person, some prefer 5 years up or down, even within 10 years is normal if it love, my ex was 7yrs older then me

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine.

If she's old enough to be your mom then I'd say that might be a bit much. But hey there's guys that are into really old women so who am I to judge.

0|1
    0|0
  • 24 year olds can really be hot and finished with some of the stupid games. 4 years is no difference to speak of. Your cool with this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruh, I nearly smashed a 52 year old at 20 years old, go for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes to date her and not yes to people mock u for it. And just ask her if u are interested. It will be yes or no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope so. In my uni every girl I meet is 2 or 3 years older than me

0|0
    0|0
  • It's perfectly fine. I dated a 24 year old single mom when I was 19.

0|1
    0|0
  • My grandparents rest there souls were 16 years apart in age but that was okay for them its the love that matters and that's it love rules all time

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yeah it's ok... You can go much older and still be shameless... Ever heard of milfs and cougars?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 20 and I'm dating a 26 year old woman. Go for it. Who cares what people think?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes! I think it is more common for guys to date younger girl though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes people will mock but as long as you love or like each other its ok

0|1
    0|0
  • I did once.. not a good experience overall.. the sex was great tho

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm 31 and my girlfriend is 42

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys