Does it matter if your partner has a different religion than you?

Is it a deal breaker if your partner has a different religion than you?

I'm Athiest and he is Jewish. Will it ever work?
  • Yes it matters to me
  • No it doesn't matter to me

116

Most Helpful Guys

• It matters only in the context of marriage/children for me since we will have some irreconcilable differences when it comes to the religious education of the children.

• Very true! Although it's way too early in the relationship to ask about how any children may be raised...

• I guess for me it depends on how religious/spiritual he is.

• Absolutely, I get along with most moderates

• The biggest issue would be childrearing because when one parent doesn't practice the same religion as the kids it can cause problems.

In addition, I'm not converting religions for anyone, no matter how Incredible she is.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm an aethiest but it wouldn't bother me