Just recently found out the guy I’m dating has a 6 month old... advice?

I've been dating this guy for a while now. He just told me that he has a six month old. Apparently she lives in another state with her mom and he hasn’t seen the baby in 5 months... for whatever reason I didn’t ask. He is such a kind hearted loving person. He is so sweet. I’m only 22 so I’m obviously not ready for kids. But, I don’t want to judge him. Everyone has a past. He is 24, just graduated college and is planning on attending med school. Very smart, driven guy. I’ve just never been in this situation before. Thoughts? Please don’t be rude, or post dumb replies!

11