Do you like to show your face on online dating profile?

Personally I don't like to show my face on online dating profile as I don't want people to judge me base on my look, I normally show a pic of me with sunglasses on or a pic that doesn't show much of my face. There is also a privacy reason, I don't want them to track me down.
What do you guys do? Do you like to show your faces? And do you get a lot of likes?
  • I have lots of photo of myself on dating profile
    Vote A
  • I have only pictures of my body on dating profile
    Vote B
  • I have a picture of me but my face is not exposed on dating profile
    Vote C
  • I don't even put a pic on dating profile
    Vote D
  • Others
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I never did online dating but I'd definitely show my face. I can understand the rationale for not wanting to show it to avoid people just attracted to your face, but my rationale is that a face tends to express so much of your personality and character. You can kind of tell from a few photos of a person's face with various facial expressions what sort of person they might be, and how it might be like to hang out with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • So if I ever did it (which I can't ever imagine doing since I preferred to just date people in person), I'd consider it rather essential to show my face.

• I stopped using online dating sites mostly because they have evolved into hook up sites for people mostly looking for one night stands. But if I recall one of the main things needed is a clear headshot without anything covering your face. People online will judge initially by sight and unless you have an attractive profile picture your profile will be passed over.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I met my boyfriend online and he didn't really show his face and my profile pic was an anime character. We talked and text for 8 months and when we both had the confidence to video chat each other. We both couldn't stop smiling haha.
    Surprisingly a lot of guys were still interested in me even though I didn't show myself.

1|0
    1|0
  • Unfortunately, looks do matter when it comes to dating. So it doesn’t make much sense to avoid posting a picture for that reason. I get the privacy thing though.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Well, you have to. No matter how good your personality is the first impression is always going to be your looks. Sure people can learn to love you because of who you are but that takes time. If you go on a date ahd she/he doesn't like your looks then they're not going to stay around to learn more about your personality. But if you show your face on the website then at least you know the person who you're going out with doesn't have any problems with your looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only have one for my professional (career) profile. It's not required, but does increase the chance of getting a response from the employer. At least that's what I read.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have my picture on here and Facebook but this ones 1 year old
    but on Blurtit i use a pic of Wolf cause i don't trust some people
    on there. I support you 100 % for using a picture of dog, cartoon,
    but not your real pic cause i don't trust people online too much
    either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lets be realistic, online dating is about looks first. I have my face my profile because there is no point hiding anything, any deception will be short lived anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • yes as I like to be forthright about my appearance, what you see is what you get but then much more (but all good)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more or less a requirement for guys on those sites to have face pics up or we almost always get passed over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I personally don't like to, but I have. I think a lot of people would agree that once you put it on the internet it's there forever. And who knows what other people are doing with my pic.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I used such things, ALWAYS. Anything less would be dishonest and a sign that the person was a lying sack of shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to show your face. Thats the first thing people notice about u in real life, why not on dating apps?

0|0
    0|0
  • l dont do online dating l am only on this site l can't show my picture as all the girls would want a bit of me and my action lol😁

0|0
    0|0
  • I show my face but conversation is so dry and boring I don't know why I still have a profile.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to have many pictures, but you have to show your face too. Maybe a sunglass is good to have sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just have like 3 or 4 pics of myself. I'm not very photogenic but they aren't terrible I don't think, I just dont get matched often at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I keep my profile pic empty!😂😂😂
    Dont know how i will get a girl like that!😝

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm the point of dating sites is to judge you by your looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • No... most would think im 15

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont like showing my face

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't I assume you are a bot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have 1 picture of my face, but I don't like that it's there, but necessary I feel. Nobody is going to reply probably without it? But no likes. Guys don't get likes like women do. We're ignored completely usually that way lol.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I did until an asshole at university last year went through all dating sites I was on and spread the pictures through school. Luckily people didn’t care and guys thought I was hot. Girls were wondering if I had implants or if my tits were naturally voluminous like that lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course!
    I want Guys to Know it is me Here, dear. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I did. I see no point in online dating if I can't see what the other person looks like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to but to get a response you have to.

1|3
    0|0
  • I don’t use use online dating

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t use online dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Just did one pic one time. I attract weird guys

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course