Do you like to show your face on online dating profile?

Personally I don't like to show my face on online dating profile as I don't want people to judge me base on my look, I normally show a pic of me with sunglasses on or a pic that doesn't show much of my face. There is also a privacy reason, I don't want them to track me down.
What do you guys do? Do you like to show your faces? And do you get a lot of likes?
  • I have lots of photo of myself on dating profile
  • I have only pictures of my body on dating profile
  • I have a picture of me but my face is not exposed on dating profile
    Vote C
  • I don't even put a pic on dating profile
    Vote D
  • Others
    Vote E

1022

Most Helpful Guys

• I never did online dating but I'd definitely show my face. I can understand the rationale for not wanting to show it to avoid people just attracted to your face, but my rationale is that a face tends to express so much of your personality and character. You can kind of tell from a few photos of a person's face with various facial expressions what sort of person they might be, and how it might be like to hang out with them.

• So if I ever did it (which I can't ever imagine doing since I preferred to just date people in person), I'd consider it rather essential to show my face.

• I stopped using online dating sites mostly because they have evolved into hook up sites for people mostly looking for one night stands. But if I recall one of the main things needed is a clear headshot without anything covering your face. People online will judge initially by sight and unless you have an attractive profile picture your profile will be passed over.

Most Helpful Girls

• I met my boyfriend online and he didn't really show his face and my profile pic was an anime character. We talked and text for 8 months and when we both had the confidence to video chat each other. We both couldn't stop smiling haha.
    Surprisingly a lot of guys were still interested in me even though I didn't show myself.

• Unfortunately, looks do matter when it comes to dating. So it doesn’t make much sense to avoid posting a picture for that reason. I get the privacy thing though.