Do you like being approached by strangers?

When random guys approach me I’m never enthused about it. I usually make cordial conversation and turn them down. I prefer a more intimate approach from guys who somewhat know me. While I appreciate my physical side being admired. I much prefer my mental side flagging potential mates in.

Do you like being approached by strangers?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the stranger.

If you're attractive and nice then that's good.

If you're particularly unattractive and speak in a way that makes you seem retarded especially if you can't form words properly then it's like you're an alien and that's super uncomfortable.

I'm not very good at understanding strong accents or wonky speech. So I can wind up in awkward situations where I literally can't understand them and I don't know how to communicate that I don't know what they're saying and have to find a way to get out of the conversation, even though supposedly they're speaking English...
    This is why I can't work in hospitality.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m the same way when it comes to certain situations. If I’m by myself hiking, at the store or doing something.. I might smile and say hi.. but I don’t want to strike a conversation. If I’m feeling like I want to have interaction, I will go out with friends or others and change my attitude a little. I’m mostly introverted though and keep to myself a lot.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• generally, yes i like being approached by strangers. but the exceptions are if they're trying to get me to sign up for stuff that requires my credit/debit card, jehovah witness peoples following me for 15+ minutes trying to talk me into believing, people pretending to be broke with a BS story, following you, and asking for money

1|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the stranger and how they approach me. I am kind of impulsive and tend to join in peoples conversations if they are loud and in public so in that sense I don't mind people joking around with me and being friendly.

If someone just walks up to me and I can't tell what their intent is I will be super on edge and not like it though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it particularly but I've gotten used to it if that makes sense

1|0
    0|0
    • It sucks for me. Mental attraction is always first for me and that isn’t how men work.

• Show All
    • I know. I’m the weird one with “no standards”🙄 I guess wanting a sweet guy over a 10 is bad.

• Haha screw what people say. Hold out for who you want

• Yes I do but I like meeting people. Some people don't like meeting new people and yet they complain about being alone so it can be a little weird at times.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a stranger did want to get to know you, how should he go about it if he isn't encouraged to approach you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Girls as friends? Strike up a conversation. Guy? They have to somewhat know me.

• Show All
    • Thank you for better explaining your boundaries. Based on feedback from most women I would say you fall into the minority of people who do not want to be approached by a stranger. The majority of single women would like a man to approach them confidently in a social setting and take the initiative to strike up a conversation and see if there is a possible connection. This can be based on physical attraction but also can be based on 1000 other factors that would cause 2 people to start talking. You get approached by strangers (men) now because they also have seen the feedback and know that women would prefer they approach.

I can understand your reasons for not wanting to cast a wider net than those people whom you already know and to a degree have been vetted by being in your social circle. I am still willing to bet a stranger who attends the same class as you do or a stranger who knows mutual friends would be a welcome suitor however. Does your philosophy produce many 1st dates?

• I get FEW dates. But that is okay with me. Casting a smaller net is best for my specific needs. 3 of the 6 dates I’ve been on produced a 3+ year relationships

• I dont think I ever had to worry about being approached for my body. Was told I was genetically perfect once but she was high on coke.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wild night? Lol. That is the epitome of flattery though.

• Wild few days I was 21 at the time if I tried that at minimum I would probably have a stroke.

• Sure I'd love random women to approach me, but unfortunately its never happened.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• depends on what they are approaching me about

1|0
    0|0
  • it can be flattering

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes