What do you consider true love?

Like what would you call true love? How would you distinguish between the true one and the fake one (or whatever you want to call)? Quite confused.

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I feel that when you find true love, you will just know, but it sometimes takes some trial and error. I was married and thought he was my person, but realized I loved him but was not really in love with him. Since my divorce, I have found true love. It's a feeling I've never felt before and it made me realize I've never actually been in love before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love is love. People forget that you can love more persons one by one because love doesn't mean "forever".

Depends on what is more precious to you : your vanity , your ego , your priority , or the person you love. Your love can last a year or a life but you need to learn to forgive and forgot some things. To not cut him off when he wants to go out with other people. Etc.

The fake love is not even love to start with , its just a relationship in which someone is used and the other one is the user.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• "True Love" is an unconditionally state of strong affection and happiness in which couples feel passionate with each other and fulfilled with everything they want/need within the relationship. I'll list some examples below of what I consider to be the comparison between "True Love" and "Fake Love":
    _________

True Love

1) You are excited to spend good quality time with your significant other; that you two enjoy each other's company so much that it makes you very happy when you're around them. You feel this aura of happiness in your heart when their presence makes you feel comfortable, heart-warming and overjoyed!

2) You want the best in them just as they want the same for you; that you both are successful in life, are in good physical/emotional health, along with having most/all their wants/needs fulfilled! True love wants couples to be there for each other both in sunshine and rain, supporting one another to ensure they feel important and loved so nothing gets misconstrued or falsified.

3) You can envision the rest of your life with your significant other and it makes your heart feel warm, happy and loved! The idea of planning ahead with them in your future would make you the happiest person in the world because you know they love you so much and wouldn't want anyone else as your lover. You feel excited when you plan events with them, talk about life-changing events like moving in together, having a family together and such!
    _________

Fake Love

1) You two love to spend time together and maybe so much so that you two cut contact with your loved ones including your family and best friends because you focus your priority on making sure you and your significant other are happy. Sacrifices for happiness happen; you start to lose your mind in love thinking that your lover is all you need to be happy when in reality, it's not. People will sometimes get into this phase within a relationship and it's important to know when to cut down the tone of romantic feelings if you start to feel unhappy.

2) You can't view the person you love for who they are but rather with interests that line up with yours, that you find them physically attractive, that sex with them feels so good and such. You have trouble getting close to them because you simply want an open/casual relationship with them so no strings are attached. There's a lack of commitment with that and true love wants devotion.

I wish I had more room to type but I ran out of space! Hope this helps!

1|1
    0|0
  • How do you explain the color blue to someone who's been blind since birth? How do you describe the sound of of birds to someone who's been deaf their entire life?
    How do you explain an emotion to someone who has never felt anything? In fact, can you accurately explain or describe an emotion?
    True love isn't something you can name. True love isn't something you can tell people about. True love needs to be felt. True love is an emotion like nothing else. In order to fully understand it you have to feel it. It's just like getting high for the first time. You can see and hear people talking about it but you have no idea what's really going on until you try it yourself.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Unconditional.
    That is how i'd define it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone who will stick with u through thick and thin, a ride or die, but at the same time, someone who is gonna put u in ur place and tell it like it is when ur wrong cuz they love u and vice versa❤

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm at the point where I don't think I'd know it if it hit me on the head.

0|4
    0|0
  • When you're sick, your nose is full of phlegm, you're vomiting your guts out and they are caring for you, without getting grossed out

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is the love you feel for your family members.
    Romantic love is when you can't imagine anything else in your life

0|0
    0|0
  • I the other person is not very demanding of sex, that means it’s true love

1|0
    0|4
  • When you're in love you'll know it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn’t exist

1|0
    0|0
  • When you know you know

0|0
    0|0
  • someone who loves u exactly the way u r

0|1
    0|0
  • Your imperfections in your SOs eyes are the most amazing things in the world

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 31

• Real love is giving and taking pleasure from the other with the other's benefit in mind. It has to be mutual or else it will be pathological.

I think that the notion of romantic love is dead. But I also think, that true love can exist between people if it is worked on and earned.

It never happens at first sight, like in the fantasies Hollywood is selling.

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is reserved for the vast minority. Surely true love can only be achieved when you love yourself enough to allow someone else in. Really in.

Far too many people have far too many issues that go unchecked to allow a truly healthy and loving relationship... Remember, I’m posting this in the section called MY OPINION. I’m not basing on facts just feels.

1|0
    0|0
    • I completely agree but I think that true love can also happen even if someone has their own issues. Like if the couple helped each other up when they’re down or fall and help each other with their problems

• @swanrose06 good point. Entirely possible and a nice caveat.

• Good question - Sometimes hard to tell difference between infatuation/lust and love - I suppose time will tell the honeymoon period is over, the nitty gritty of reality is making a bigger appearance in your relationship and basically you see yourself staying with that person forever that is true love

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is (of course) a relationship where both partners feel mutual with each other. When both parties understand each other without having to say anything. It could be described as your relationship with a best friend. You have made it past the point where lust isn't what your relationship is about, but enjoying each other's company

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is when you realize about a person that if you lost them or if the universe took them away from you, it would rip you apart and take you a long time putting yourself back together, and mainly when that feeling is mutual between you and someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told my girlfriend I may end up spending a night away from home as the job I was on was very far away.
    She looked utterly gutted and sounded so unhappy, combined with my own hate of the idea - I ended up not and coming home that day. Spent 10 hours driving in one day and working the rest but honestly it was worth it to be back with her.

It's a bit petty and quite needy - but to me that can't possibly be fake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Given that there are 8 billion people in the world and that the average human meets, let's say about 500 people in their life, your odds of finding your true love are 500 in 8.000.000.000. That's 1:40.000.000. Not quite as unlikely as winning the lottery, but it's within the sizerange...

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no true one or fake one, just the one you're willing to stick with and work with towards achieving your goals. This mentality of "what if he's not the right one and he's out there" could lead you into a wild goose chase that might not bear any fruits for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • those who ditch you the moment you face hardship in life does not love you at all. until that time comes, people could be pretending to like/love you because you have some use.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both people trying to better eachother every single day and complete trust towards eachother. That's all that really matters. Unconditional love. Being comfortable living with eachother and actually loving that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If one person shits themselves from laughing so hard and the other person stays in the room. That's love

0|1
    0|0
  • Love, the form most people believe in, is a myth.

True love is not a feeling at all. It comes from God; is liberating, limitless, unchangeable and eternal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's true love when the two people are almost magically drawn to each other, and they just make each other better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont want to go away immediately after sex with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like the rainbow the spectrum of love is wide with various rainbows which themselves differ in hue and in vibrance.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the love is unconditional. This is why it rarely exists. People will only love when it follows their rules and conditions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is love. There is no untrue love and true love or whatever it's just love. And love is a feeling

0|0
    0|0
  • True love is a mutual commitment between people who share romantic feelings and sexual attraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been in that type situation... but id say when you'd do basically anything for them and you put there feelings before yours

0|0
    0|0
  • Staying with you in good and bad times
    something most people don't give af about

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes