Have you been more successful with online or traditional dating?

By traditional, I mean you met them in person, not online.
  • Online
  • Traditional, in-person
  • Never dated
    Vote C

3874

Most Helpful Girls

• I met more interesting people online - like millionaires or guys with Phd's that I don't meet as often in real life.

But I find I had more long term connection with the people I met in real life

• That's sarcasm right? It amazes me how many women have doctorate's online vs. real life. All that knowledge just can't apply it to finding a man apparently.

• @SouthernGirl23
      Yep catfish is a thing right?

• @luv it is and I think that's why men have a hard time finding women online. i think us women are 10x more cautious when dating online bc we dont know whose behind the screen

• Well I haven't done the online dating thing in ltr, but from what I hear from friends there is a market out there for a more laid back social/dating app. They seem to be to rigid in their format of pictures and likes and dislikes there's no room for "the wild card"
    You know you're walking down the street and you see this really hot chick with this soo average guy! Or a heart stopping guy with what a fat girl! Absolutely not happening on dating sites!
    When I think of dating sites I think of fifties dance halls! All the men lined up one side the women on the other with some wearing Venetian masks and others completely visible silly setup!!!

• Interesting observation

• In a long term relationship "ltr" I met my partner the traditional way. I have never been single for long. So have never needed to do online dating but plenty of my friends have, and found some of them changed in their attitude towards dating and not in a good way.

• Yeah, I am not a fan of it either, although I made a few nice female friends out of it.

Most Helpful Guys

• Online dating has given me many more choices for dating. I have dated many women who are local but also women who live in nearby cities (within 60 miles) who I otherwise never would have met. In my personal life, I meet very few dating-eligible women in my age range.

• I'm Kind of surprised to hear that, but glad to hear that online dating has worked out for you.

• Now that I would have expected.

• Thanks for MHO!

• Traditional. It's just easier. I think with online dating you spend so much time and effort flicking through profiles and talking to mopeds that you've little time for much else.
    Women seem to like online dating so they can flick through for the best possible guy but it often leaves them to choose. Women seem to use online dating these days as a free dinner service. Basically with so many thirsty guys on online dating services outnumbering women and all the best women usually already being taken online dating puts the pussy on a high pedestal.