Have you been more successful with online or traditional dating?

By traditional, I mean you met them in person, not online.
    Vote A
  • Traditional, in-person
    Vote B
  • Never dated
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I met more interesting people online - like millionaires or guys with Phd's that I don't meet as often in real life.

But I find I had more long term connection with the people I met in real life

2|3
    0|0
    • That's sarcasm right? It amazes me how many women have doctorate's online vs. real life. All that knowledge just can't apply it to finding a man apparently.

• Show All
    • @SouthernGirl23
      Yep catfish is a thing right?

• @luv it is and I think that's why men have a hard time finding women online. i think us women are 10x more cautious when dating online bc we dont know whose behind the screen

• Well I haven't done the online dating thing in ltr, but from what I hear from friends there is a market out there for a more laid back social/dating app. They seem to be to rigid in their format of pictures and likes and dislikes there's no room for "the wild card"
    You know you're walking down the street and you see this really hot chick with this soo average guy! Or a heart stopping guy with what a fat girl! Absolutely not happening on dating sites!
    When I think of dating sites I think of fifties dance halls! All the men lined up one side the women on the other with some wearing Venetian masks and others completely visible silly setup!!!

1|1
    0|0
    • Interesting observation

• In a long term relationship "ltr" I met my partner the traditional way. I have never been single for long. So have never needed to do online dating but plenty of my friends have, and found some of them changed in their attitude towards dating and not in a good way.

• Yeah, I am not a fan of it either, although I made a few nice female friends out of it.

Most Helpful Guys

• Online dating has given me many more choices for dating. I have dated many women who are local but also women who live in nearby cities (within 60 miles) who I otherwise never would have met. In my personal life, I meet very few dating-eligible women in my age range.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm Kind of surprised to hear that, but glad to hear that online dating has worked out for you.

• Show All
    • Now that I would have expected.

• Thanks for MHO!

• Traditional. It's just easier. I think with online dating you spend so much time and effort flicking through profiles and talking to mopeds that you've little time for much else.
    Women seem to like online dating so they can flick through for the best possible guy but it often leaves them to choose. Women seem to use online dating these days as a free dinner service. Basically with so many thirsty guys on online dating services outnumbering women and all the best women usually already being taken online dating puts the pussy on a high pedestal.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 36

• Online, i am shy as fuck in person unless we become friends first.

3|5
    0|0
  • Two out of the three relationships I've been in have been "traditional". So I guess I've been more successful with traditional dating.

1|2
    0|0
  • I've so far only had success with online dating. I'm very shy and awkward when I'm first getting to know someone in person and it takes a really long time to break the ice and get through to the real me, whereas online I'm a little quicker to just be myself. Some people may say that online dating allows you to pretend to be someone you're not, but for me I find that it lets me be myself a whole lot easier.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had i ever tried on line dating, so i can't say i been successfully in dating. Now on traditional, yes i have definitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Traditional.

I never look for dates online. I need to be talking to a guy in person, in real life, before I'd consider dating him.

1|2
    0|0
  • To be quite frank, I had lousy luck with both but still had better luck meeting guys in real life. I fell out of the dating scene for a few years due to personal issues. I tried getting back into it after turning thirty by using apps and have had no luck. I find that the guys in my age bracket tend to be just as much in a hurry to settle down. Don’t get me wrong, I want to settle down too but a lot of these guys on the apps seem to get annoyed that I’m not one of those post-30 aged women who starts planning the wedding three weeks into the relationship even though that’s the one thing that they complain about with other girls. I never had this issue with guys who met me in real life.

As for the app guys, I’m not sure whether to be flattered because they’re really that into me or offended because somehow they think my desperation is on equal level with theirs.

0|1
    0|0
    • lol, I never understand people that flat out say they're wanting to get married on a dating profile. Whenever i see it it repels me. Not because i don't want to be married at some point but because how do you just say something like that. I mean i only plan on doing that once. so wouldn't you want to make sure it's right person. And when i read that on a woman's profile i feel like she's in a big hurry.

• Show All
    • @WillyD: Yeah, a lot of the women looking for guys online who are actually looking for a relationship have unrealistic expectations and timetables. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case for many of the guys, too.

• @Slivermood I prefer to get to know the person before getting married. Married is not as imported these days. I have 7 ex-bfs. People do not read the red flag. I knew that something bad would happen with my last ahole ex-bf that did bland all. on me. just because he was one that cheated on me. I caught him & dumped his ass.

• in person, i just don't think people take online dating that serious these days. It works for some people but i just think it's better to meet people out in the open.

0|1
    0|0
  • Traditional, in-person

1|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never dated online because I meet enough prospects while I’m out and about.

0|1
    0|0
  • Online. My group of friends is people I've known for a while and with whom I have mutual lack of attraction. I also don't go to places where I might meet men in real life because I enjoy being at home more.

0|1
    0|0
  • im terribly shy at texting. great at flirting personally. why is that uh? But i just really hate texting XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Online is so much easier. Everyone is addicted to their phones and now it is easier to meet people online

0|1
    0|0
  • Not from dating sites/apps. I met my current boyfriend from facebook. it did work out for me. My other past relationship were traditional dating they fail.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never dated online if I did my girlfriend traveling for work it be FaceTime.

0|1
    0|0
  • I found my boyfriend of 1.5 years on tinder

1|2
    0|0
  • Never dated anyone. They think I’m to ugly 😅

0|1
    0|0
    • You are very attractive.

• Show All
    • You are not ugly, you just look overweight.

• 1. stop thinking that way about yourself
      2. when you date someone, it depends on how attractive they find you, and you them
      3. stop thinking that way about yourself
      4. go out and talk to people
      5. stop thinking that way about yourself
      6. volunteer at places to meet people with like-minded interests

• Never done online

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never done online dating.

0|2
    0|0
  • traditional, picking them out in a crowd

0|1
    0|0
  • Online, I feel like Im more cautious in real life

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 72

• Traditional, face-to-face dating has always been fairly successful for me if I'm actively seeking dates.
    I tried the online dating thing for about a year. Match. com actually gave me 6 months free because I wasn't meeting anyone, despite giving it a genuine effort. I had ONE date, one time... and she made it very obvious that she just wanted a free meal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol I only have had maybe 3 women respond online over a hundred I contacted. Never had anyone I would be interested in contact me. In person, all the girls recently I've been interested in have a serious boyfriend, are engaged, or are married. Now I've decided to finish my graduate degree and establish my life before trying to date again.

1|1
    0|0
  • It sure looks like to me that outside of a few apps which act as “matchmakers”, most of them are looks-based and meant for hookups and casual sex. Maybe I’m in an older demographic, but most women I know don’t hook up. (or maybe they do and don’t tell me).

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely personal if you date online you never know what you are signing up for so when you aren't with what they're offering it won't be awkward and you didn't waste 3 months or more of your life getting to know said person just to find out they look or act nothing like what you've seen online.

0|1
    0|0
  • Meeting online and dating in real life was the most successful for me. However I'm the type of person who prefers a face to face conversation above texting. There's less time to think or to make up lies, you can engage people in deep conversations, read facial signs, read body language and so on. You can't really do that online and you're free to say whatever you want just to make yourself look way cooler than you actually are.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say it's 50-50 but I've only gone into dating sites recently and a fair few years ago. I would say the dating game has changed now and even the way that women interact via POF/tinder is different.. a lot of thirst traps and game playing. Maybe I'm just older and the way I look at things is different (dating wise)

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never really "dated". It's complicated, I've had girlfriends before but very few (less than 4) and a few girls who essentially I was dating but it was never official.

On top of that, I haven't had a date nor a potential female friend for 2 years or so. It's very depressing and my life is very unfortunate, which probably is why dating is so difficult for me. Or maybe I'm destined to be alone, who knows?

0|1
    0|0
  • Met many lovely women online. I'm married to the last one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have absolutely no problems finding girls in real life in fact they usually find me. However I tried tinder for a couple months and had almost no luck. Probably because I'm just not the sorta person to put a lot of effort into taking quality pictures of myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • "Traditional" dating has been more successful for me, I rarely ever go on blind dates and I don't use dating websites, I have tried it once before but I didn't like it and also, I like to actually talk to people rather than just text them especially if I'm gonna be going out with them...

0|1
    0|0
  • Successful as for getting a girlfriend. I have been successful online. Before meeting my ex I had a fling with online girls, short terms relations that lasted no more than weeks, or a few months. With my truly first girlfriend I had a 3 years relationship but is not something I would try again. Since I practically end college and will soon start to work, I will stick to traditional dating. Is less emotionally draining I think.

0|1
    0|0
    • Only to be clear: I used a chatting site, I really wasn't looking for an online partner. It suddenly happened.

• I've had one real-life friend go on a date with me, but she didn't stay friends with me very long. The coffee stain never came out of the shirt I was wearing, either. I've gotten six dates from websites, including one from Engage and a few from Craigslist and Crazy Blind Date. None resulted in second dates. Online wins by default, even though both have been rotten.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never met anyone interesting in person.
    The person who I have dated for 5 years I met online, and the only woman who has interested me I also met online.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I've been single over 5 years now, but before then I had never been on a dating site at all.. over these 5 years I haven't had one meaningful or serious relationship, been catfished more than once, lied to fairly often... yet I still continue to use them lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Only dabbled in online dating apps/sites never followed through on any interaction - Any date I ever got was through some other form of social interaction

0|1
    0|0
  • Never dated on inter net. It's against my belief. I go out and meet people face to face in real life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Traditional but I have it easier than most. I met new women daily when I go to work. Online dating is far too time consuming for me to be bothered with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Online sucks for me. I don't seem to have the finesse for going about initiating coversation online. In person, I seem to do much better.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do better with traditional dating for sure, my personality in-person is way more useful than over the internet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Online to meet generally, though honestly most of my long term relationships we were friends first.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes