Can women get a romantic partner without trying?

They say you should date and find love yet I feel I’ve heard of women that have a lot of suitors without really trying. Or they say to let love find you. And I feel if I were to look for someone, I’d look online because I don’t ever get approached in person. I just feel inferior compared to some of the women I’ve met that seem to get all the attention without lifting a finger. But, I’m told I’m attractive by others. Am I being lied to?😞
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it's not possible to find a romantic partner without trying, that's just not how life works.

Have you ever heard the saying that it takes 10 years to be an overnight success? It's the same way with dating. Those women and men have worked their asses off for the past however long to set up social contacts, skills, shop for nice clothing, work on their conversational skills, etc... and they are now reaping the benefits of that labor. You are only seeing the benefits now, not all the hard work that they put in beforehand.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, women can get a partner without really trying. But, you also have to be around men in order for that to happen. If you're relying on strangers, especially if you live in the West, now is not a good time for picking up strangers, with the whole MeToo movement and even some bills in Europe suggesting to make asking a woman for her phone number illegal. It's a bad climate for pick up. Which coincidentally makes it a great climate for pick up. But most guys are pretty terrified, so only very confident men will approach.

As for you, you could be ugly and people are lying to you. No one wants to be the bearer of bad news, in that area. Or you could be super hot and people aren't lying to you.

Guys are generally terrified--at least in the West, particularly in the U. K.--of approaching women they don't know. That's double true for very attractive women, because they default think, "She's way out of my league. She probably has super hot model guys on speed dial./She probably only goes for ----." If a woman is very desired, it discourages other guys, because that means more competition. Ironically, that leaves super hot women often wondering wtf is wrong with them, because they never get hit on.

Easy way to tell is get on a few dating apps, and if you get flooded with messages or likes or swipes or whatever, you're hot. If you barely get anything, you're probably less than average.

But, I can guarantee you you are inferior next to some women. There is always someone better. You need to measure yourself based on your own standards, not other's standards.

That said. If you have attempted doing nothing to get a romantic partner, and it hasn't worked--perhaps it is time to start doing something?

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You can come across people who are interested without trying, but it depends on your standards if you want to reciprocate the attention and on how much you get along. I am quite shy, but I still come across men who seem to be interested without looking for them or going out much. I have quite high standards to be honest, so I rarely reciprocate the interest and when I do it doesn't necessarly work out. If I were more extroverted and had different standards however, I could probably say I can get a partner without trying.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Here's the thing, while there are some exceptions, overall in general most guys aren't nearly as picky as women are. So, as a woman, no matter what you look like, you have it way easier than us guys do. But, for this, you also have to be less picky, and/or approach. This is what makes it hard for you women. You want to be approached, and you tend to be more picky generally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a lot do. I have known many women that make little to no effort at all and they have men lining up and they often are not good looking women either. It is the power of the pussy and women are very aware of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if "romantic partner" is supposed to mean "boyfriend." If it means "someone to fuck her," then yes it's pretty easy. At least, far easier than for a guy.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes, most of them let guy do all the work. Yet is funny how most of girls choose "No".

0|2
    0|0
  • No, I think that most of guys are simply afraid to approach women these days. I know it is hard but you could try approaching guys that you find attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • the ones who say let love find you always complains and cry on internet that they can't find any good man, so dont listen to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, most girls i know usually has a few guys waiting to date em.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do it all the time...

0|0
    0|0
  • We do all the work so true

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all. But there's definitely a portion that can and who it's super easy for. Although they will scale who they pick according to that attention. So they'll get a bunch of attention then complain that there's no good guys until a guy they do like comes along.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Do you get approached by people in general? like do you have a warm friendly vibe to you?
    I find girls/guys will more likely to approach someone who is open, positive, lively, smiling, and laughing. Rather than someone who is closed off in stance, quiet, and reserved.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know for a fact that I can't. If I want someone for a relationship, I'll have to seriously look for them and I like to believe I'm not totally hideous. I actually witness plenty of girls that might be considered less attractive getting into one relationship after another. Meanwhile I'm a) hardly ever approached in person & b) when I'm approached the interest is usually very superficial. So yeah, if I want something serious I'll have to try HARD.

0|0
    0|0
  • I let love find me while at the same time I'm just doing my thing. It works out the best. I end up failing looking for love and I had to learn the hard way.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, no. I've had 2 people go after me and they've lost interest pretty quickly once they found out that it would take more than 2 dates to get me into bed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Story of my life

0|0
    0|0
  • I did

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they always get them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes