Can women get a romantic partner without trying?

They say you should date and find love yet I feel I’ve heard of women that have a lot of suitors without really trying. Or they say to let love find you. And I feel if I were to look for someone, I’d look online because I don’t ever get approached in person. I just feel inferior compared to some of the women I’ve met that seem to get all the attention without lifting a finger. But, I’m told I’m attractive by others. Am I being lied to?😞
  • Yes
  • No

812

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it's not possible to find a romantic partner without trying, that's just not how life works.

Have you ever heard the saying that it takes 10 years to be an overnight success? It's the same way with dating. Those women and men have worked their asses off for the past however long to set up social contacts, skills, shop for nice clothing, work on their conversational skills, etc... and they are now reaping the benefits of that labor. You are only seeing the benefits now, not all the hard work that they put in beforehand.

• Yes, women can get a partner without really trying. But, you also have to be around men in order for that to happen. If you're relying on strangers, especially if you live in the West, now is not a good time for picking up strangers, with the whole MeToo movement and even some bills in Europe suggesting to make asking a woman for her phone number illegal. It's a bad climate for pick up. Which coincidentally makes it a great climate for pick up. But most guys are pretty terrified, so only very confident men will approach.

As for you, you could be ugly and people are lying to you. No one wants to be the bearer of bad news, in that area. Or you could be super hot and people aren't lying to you.

Guys are generally terrified--at least in the West, particularly in the U. K.--of approaching women they don't know. That's double true for very attractive women, because they default think, "She's way out of my league. She probably has super hot model guys on speed dial./She probably only goes for ----." If a woman is very desired, it discourages other guys, because that means more competition. Ironically, that leaves super hot women often wondering wtf is wrong with them, because they never get hit on.

Easy way to tell is get on a few dating apps, and if you get flooded with messages or likes or swipes or whatever, you're hot. If you barely get anything, you're probably less than average.

But, I can guarantee you you are inferior next to some women. There is always someone better. You need to measure yourself based on your own standards, not other's standards.

That said. If you have attempted doing nothing to get a romantic partner, and it hasn't worked--perhaps it is time to start doing something?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can come across people who are interested without trying, but it depends on your standards if you want to reciprocate the attention and on how much you get along. I am quite shy, but I still come across men who seem to be interested without looking for them or going out much. I have quite high standards to be honest, so I rarely reciprocate the interest and when I do it doesn't necessarly work out. If I were more extroverted and had different standards however, I could probably say I can get a partner without trying.