Have you ever been in a relationship that felt like an emotional roller coaster? If so, do you consider it normal or completly abnormal?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through it for the last few years of my marriage, up one day and down the next. It is abnormal but all too common.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes... I think that’s a good way to put it. Abnormal but common.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah.. my ex was an emotional roller coaster. I would say it’s normal to have disagreements but depending on how the person chooses react to that is whether or not it is worth it to stay or leave. For ex. My ex and I went through a rough patch because my gut kept telling me he was cheating on me. He would assure me that it’s all in my head and to “relax” after I had my daughter, I found out he got another girl pregnant when I was 8mo the pregnant... just read the signs and don’t ignore them. Rough patches are the best way to determine if you’re wasting your time with someone or not. And if your gut keeps telling you something, proceed with caution.. a lot of snakes out here.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s not extreme emotional roller coaster because I have had one of those before and never again... that’s funny my ex used to tell me to relax too while he was cheating on me. I found out after my son was 2 months old. We are officially divorce so I’m naturally cautious with my heart because of that. It’s a good reminder to proceed with caution though..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Its usually a form of mental illness and Yes i have been in one , its very hard to be in one considering you always walk around with a question Mark on your head of never knowing if that person loves you or not

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I’ve been in one of those where I didn’t quite know the status. It was an “Almost Relationship” this one is definitely a relationship but lately it’s felt like a power struggle..

• Its a form of either bipolar or PTSD etc... It takes a strong loving person to be able to handle a relationship like that , cuz it can make the person hot suffering that illness make them insane , i hate to day this but you are not a coward if you walk away cuz in reality its abuse ,

• It's normal for short periods of that but if its the entire relationship I'd say something is way off

1|0
    0|0
    • I can deal with short periods of time. I can’t let this last too long because I’ve made that mistake before. Just to find out things were way wrong. I think a part of it might be growing pains in our relationship that we are trying to build.

• Hard to say from the outside but I suppose it depends whats causing the volatility really

• Life is stressful enough without having a high stress relationship. I've been in a few like that and I didn't stay in them long. I don't mind stress but I don't need it in every aspect of my life. Leave the work stress at work and home stress at home and the roller coasters tend to smooth out into weekend drives up the country.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not normal if that is the normal state of things in the relationship

1|0
    0|0
    • You’re right. I wouldn’t say it’s the normal state of things because we are a bit new. Almost 5 months in.

• I would like to say.. itz both a curse and a blessing to feel everything so deep.. either u have to control ur emotion n just let it consume u tottaly from inside. but remember.. being emotional is not a guilt

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have. Mostly when I have really cared for the person so I tried to enjoy the ride. Honestly there has to be a better way.

2|0
    0|0
  • Abnormal. I was happy one day, aruging one day, sad one day, single one day, back in a relationship the other day. Not a healthy situation for myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Rather I am in a relationship which is just opposite to it

1|0
    0|0
  • Abnormal. The only women interested in me are borderline. I'm nice, and that makes me an easy target.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's normal for some. Especially women. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not normal, and no, I wouldn't want to be in one. That is a typical symptom of an egoic based 'relationship that comes from the lower self, rather than the higher self of calm, wisdom and deep connection.

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s deep.. I’ll think on that. I believe you are right

• Show All
    • You’re referring to the id ego and super ego part of basic psychology 110

• @Robert77 Not just that, I'm also referring to other aspects such as Mushin (No Mind) which is well known in the Buddhism and martial arts. The importance of being able to 'stop thinking' and being able to have the mind as a tool, rather than it using us as one.

What Girls Said 5

• just because somethis is YOUR norm doesn't male it healthy or normal. i "get" it. i didn't realuze how abnormal my relationships were until i met someone, well... normal, and we just clicked. i will say i had to change my frame of mind because i was reactive. that is a turn off to normal men. so i had to work on me before i was ready for a relationship that was healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t describe it as a relationship because we never made it official but I felt every single emotion you can feel in the space of 3 months. I’d say it was a roller coaster romance!

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol! I had one of those before. But we were NEVER official and I let it prolong for a dang year!!! Smh.. I moved to China then found out he had a girlfriend all along. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ Did I mention she was pregnant. I would never again.

• Show All
    • Take a step back & don’t accept anything less than you deserve. I keep saying to myself that if a guy can’t see I’m the girl for him then I am not wasting my time anymore!! 😝

• Truth!! I’ve learned a few dating lessons the hard way.

• Yes.. I'm back in my emotional roller coaster. But it feels normal to me. I've been with this guy for 8yrs. we seperated for a year and I was spending my time with this amazing guy but more then part if it seemed abnormal. It was to easy to be happy it was odd..

1|0
    0|0
  • Normal but that could just be my shot experience

1|0
    0|0
  • Its fine as long I'm not hurt or upset. I have days when I'm "lets do that , let go there , let's have sex all night " and days when I'm "let me sleep" but that has notjing to do with my emotions but with my lack of sleep. My relationship its not the cause of my emotional roller coaster. But its the exams. The work. My stupid family and so on. But even so. I'm happy with my life.

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s good that you’re happy with your life. Not many people can say that. I was talking moreso about a couple whose happy with each other then someone is a bit distant so then things feel off so the other person feels like what’s going on. Then the roles flip etc etc..

• Just because someone doesn't have the same mood everyday doesn't mean they love you less.

• That’s true. But sometimes it could feel that way if it goes on for some time. Not months and years but maybe a few weeks

Recommended myTakes