Have you ever been in a relationship that felt like an emotional roller coaster? If so, do you consider it normal or completly abnormal?

612

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through it for the last few years of my marriage, up one day and down the next. It is abnormal but all too common.

• Yes... I think that’s a good way to put it. Abnormal but common.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah.. my ex was an emotional roller coaster. I would say it’s normal to have disagreements but depending on how the person chooses react to that is whether or not it is worth it to stay or leave. For ex. My ex and I went through a rough patch because my gut kept telling me he was cheating on me. He would assure me that it’s all in my head and to “relax” after I had my daughter, I found out he got another girl pregnant when I was 8mo the pregnant... just read the signs and don’t ignore them. Rough patches are the best way to determine if you’re wasting your time with someone or not. And if your gut keeps telling you something, proceed with caution.. a lot of snakes out here.

• It’s not extreme emotional roller coaster because I have had one of those before and never again... that’s funny my ex used to tell me to relax too while he was cheating on me. I found out after my son was 2 months old. We are officially divorce so I’m naturally cautious with my heart because of that. It’s a good reminder to proceed with caution though..