Do I apologize or not mention it?

A year ago I moved to a new town and friends encouraged me to try online dating, so I did. I met 1 guy that was different from everyone that was in my area. I also received a ton of messages, some were not asked for pictures and 1 guy turned into a creep/stalker. This 1 guy that I was interested in exchanged a few messages with me. However, I deleted my account after this creep started really bothering me and I decided I would never meet some guy from online (I have a daughter and high standards).
A few weeks ago, I was in church and the nice guy I was interested in walked in. Now we volunteer every weekend together, so I am kind of not sure if I should apologize for the way things went. I never thought I would run into someone from a dating app in my real life, and I actually want to apologize for not responding to his last message and just deleting my account. It was just too much, not with him though. So do I apologize or do I not even mention it?
I am not trying to make him interested in me, but just feel bad because that is not me. I also want him to know what happened had nothing to do with him. So what would you do if you were in my shoes? Thank you for any advice.

01