Do women really date men just to get a free meal out of it, or is that a small minority?

• Yeah they do that.
  • No its a small minority that does.

56

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never do that. I always split. Or if someone pays for me I have to date again to pay a meal in return. I think this kind of date system with rules is just an American tradition, so maybe in USA some girls really go on a date just for a free meal. But I also think even in USA some girls would find dating for a free meal stupid.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just a guess, but probably only a small minority are serial daters for this reason, but it may be more common in some societies than others: a Chinese friend of mine tells me that it's not that uncommon in Beijing for a girl to do this and to order the most expensive meal on a menu because Chinese guys don't want to lose face and will simply pay for it.