In your opinion, would a 5 year age gap work or would the person consider you too immature?

I really like my friend's brother. He's 5 years older I am the (sibling's friend). What do you think?

310

Most Helpful Guys

• Well... Although a five year are gap isn't bad... Your current she and his might make things difficult. 21-26ish he'll be exploring, testing, failing, etc at life. In that, work, travel, friends, etc will likely be doing things that until you're 21 you won't be able to be a part of (i. e. trips to Vegas, local favorite bar/club, things that are for "adults" only, etc). I think you should keep in touch but wait... Just my thoughts

• Oh I'm not in America so I'll be able to drink and do all that stuff in a year when I turn 18. I'll keep in touch because he's my friend's brother but I also don't want any chance to pass up. Should I show subtle hints or do nothing yet?

• Subtle hints are good. If he ever does ask about the hints... Be honest

• Don't shit where you eat

Also, he's 22, that would be most likely, illegal, and even if it is legal, you'd have to wonder why a 22 year old, wants a 17 year old. That should set off a red flag to YOU

• Hmm I don't know. My mom met my dad when she was 17 and he was 21 and they started dating. I guess you could say it was a different time.

• 21 and 17, that's awful

• Thanks for the advice and for saying what led to my existence is awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• don't do it. There's so many people out there. It's not worth risking him getting charged and there's a massive maturity gap between a 17 and 22 year old.