In your opinion, would a 5 year age gap work or would the person consider you too immature?

I really like my friend's brother. He's 5 years older I am the (sibling's friend). What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well... Although a five year are gap isn't bad... Your current she and his might make things difficult. 21-26ish he'll be exploring, testing, failing, etc at life. In that, work, travel, friends, etc will likely be doing things that until you're 21 you won't be able to be a part of (i. e. trips to Vegas, local favorite bar/club, things that are for "adults" only, etc). I think you should keep in touch but wait... Just my thoughts

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh I'm not in America so I'll be able to drink and do all that stuff in a year when I turn 18. I'll keep in touch because he's my friend's brother but I also don't want any chance to pass up. Should I show subtle hints or do nothing yet?

• Subtle hints are good. If he ever does ask about the hints... Be honest

• Don't shit where you eat

Also, he's 22, that would be most likely, illegal, and even if it is legal, you'd have to wonder why a 22 year old, wants a 17 year old. That should set off a red flag to YOU

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmm I don't know. My mom met my dad when she was 17 and he was 21 and they started dating. I guess you could say it was a different time.

• Show All
    • 21 and 17, that's awful

• Thanks for the advice and for saying what led to my existence is awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• don't do it. There's so many people out there. It's not worth risking him getting charged and there's a massive maturity gap between a 17 and 22 year old.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm assuming he is 22. That may work, depending on your compatibility and especially your respective maturity Levels.

0|0
    0|0
  • at your age it might be a hassle, there is a lot differences when talking over 21,
    possible it could work or not,
    5 yr gap more common for 21+
    30+ common gap be 5-10yrs

0|0
    0|0
  • Age is just a number so long as your both of legal age I got a friend who's in a situation like yours and she's made it work perfectly for her

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah that's fine. My longest relationship ever was with a girl I met through my younger brothers circle of friends. We met when she was 18 and I was 28 and were together almost 10 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't define maturity. That being said, people defined 'maturity' differently...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its alright... As long as he's is able to break your bed!
    If you know what I mean.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would work!

0|0
    0|0
  • Over 18 and age does not matter at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all. 5 years is nothing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes