Girls, what are some not obvious things in a guy's dating profile that turn you off?

Please don't state the really obvious, I'm looking at things that he may not realize, but you women don't like to hear? I'm trying to think of an example but I can't lol.

I notice I get lots of attention on my profile, but nobody ever messages me or replies to mine (very rarely) if I message them first. I have no idea what's wrong? Something must be turning them off, but I have no idea what? Unless I'm just ugly? lol But I don't think that's it because they are checking out my profile to begin with, so it must be something I'm saying in it that's doing it? I'm not looking for a hook up or anything, and I state that I want a serious long term relationship, so that's usually the first thing, but that's not the issue. I have a nice photo (not shirtless or anything).
Updates:
I appreciate the honest feedback ladies. Wow! So many differences. I think I just give up lol.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Most women on dating apps (I think) are not really interested in actual dating. They’re probably more interested in getting an ego-boost, and then sleeping with a guy she already knows or getting a boyfriend she already knows in person.

Men just take dating apps too seriously lmao. Most women there are old profiles that haven’t been used in years

0|2
    0|0
    • Yes I believe that also. A lot of women just like to look or like the attention, and don't really seem to actually be looking.

• Show All
    • No, not by us. By the fact that men believe that one woman’s behavior must be the same for all women. We vary as much as you do

• Yes that's very true, but we guys get grouped together a lot too. Human nature I guess? lol

• I hate it when it’s very generic. For example, literally every second guy mentions travelling the world together, liking photography or something pet-related (especially dogs). A picture with a dog in itself is unlikely to turn me off, I love dogs - I just know people USE them to be more attractive on dating websites. I also hate when they state their height like ‘6’2” heard it matters’. At least do it in a funny original way! Aside from that of course shirtless pics, or calling yourself ‘ordinary’. Use humour, be funny, be interesting and be smart. Show off your best most original qualities so you’re D I F F E R E N T. Also please no fidget spinners, thrasher t-shirts etc - trendy is one step away from cheap, and is just showing how you follow the crowd- quite unattractive

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• A long bio, sounding too serious, i mean i guess its normal to want smething serious but don't make it too serious like you will propose to them in 5 months.
    Crack some jokes in the bio nothing is more irresistible than a good looking guy with a good sense of humor.
    Don't make it a lot about your carreer and your goals mention it but let it be more so about things you like to do in your free time.
    Sound confident even a little cocky but not a complete douchebag...

1|2
    0|0
    • Mine is a bit long I think, and I do need to add some humor, but I have no idea how to do that? lol Any suggestions?

• Mhh i got no idea but it could be something of the type "am type of guy that will (insert something funny) if this or this happen"...

• I don't know if it’s obvious or not but it turns me off personally when guys brag or show off their bodies meaning a pic with his shirt pulled up or one with his pants soooo low on his hips I can nearly see his **** or where a guy tries looking seductively at you in a selfie I don't know for me it’s just nahh bro chill lol

1|2
    0|0
  • Make sure your bio is relatable 😜 like talk about your favorite things (food, places, etc), something other than just your description and preferences so the girls have something to relate to. Like "omg he loves pizza too?" And it'll give you something to talk about.

1|2
    0|0
  • 1) when guys start off their bio with “ if you do this , or if you are that “ this isn’t gonna work. Starting off on a negative note isn’t gonna work
    2) using only pictures of you in a group of friends. We need to know who you are. Don’t hide.
    3) starting off the conversation the right way as in Hey how are you tonight. Not anything sexual right off the bat...
    4 ) ask questions

1|2
    0|0
  • I don’t like guys that try to come off too important

I ignore cocky photos

One Guy wrote. How can you not know someone as awesome as me...

Basically avoid literally selling yourself like goods. You’ll get a ton of gold diggers and superficial types. On top of that you’ll scare off women that want more than a wealthy man because they’ll think you’re a douche.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don’t like group pictures. Makes it hard to tell who you are!

2|2
    0|0
    • I know! Women are bad for this also!

• Hey how are u?

1|1
    0|0
  • Hmm, I would have to say if you put a lot of information on your profile. What's the sense of talking to you? Put down some key points that you like, about what you want, etc. Proper grammar is important too.

1|2
    0|0
  • If you can tell he loathes or resents women... Clues? General characterization of women... They all, all women.. etc.

0|2
    0|0
  • You need to be more specific about what's in it. Would make it easier than just throw around general dislikes.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can't think of anything? Like anything maybe a guy has said that you've seen before that turned you off (that wouldn't be obvious to him)? Women tend to read more into things than guys do so that's the kind of thing I'm looking for.

• I understand very well what you're looking for. But nothing specific comes to my mind.

Ever tried to compare your profile with the profile of the women who won't respond?

• Proximity to your mom... how many relationships you've been in... how many cute girls your friends with... how cute you are... how many/what kind of pictures you have... the list goes on and on...

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls like to feel admired, and I think a lot of them make dating accounts purely to see how many guys show an interest, with no intent on actually dating any of them. Plus, a lot of girls are just looking for hook ups, or a fuckboy that they can claim to have tamed. Sounds like a case of 'nice guys finish last.' Maybe simplify your profile, if it says 'looking for a serious, long term relationship,' simplify it to 'looking for a relationship.' It's less intense. It's important that personality shows in your profile, maybe a funny pick up line, and photos are always more interesting when you're doing something in them, or somewhere scenic (on holiday).

0|2
    0|0
  • I dont like men who put pics of them smoking cigars lol but that’s just me

0|1
    0|0
  • Long bios bore me

0|2
    1|0
    • Yes that's something I'm thinking, mine is a bit too long maybe. I'm trying to shorten it up a bit. :)

• Longer bios show ur effort of seriously looking. Short bios signal just want a hook up

• But there is a thing about being too long

• Nobody wants a single parent.

0|2
    1|0
  • Stating you want a serious relationship online can be a double edged sword. Either you DO want a serious relationship and nothing else, which indicates to women that you're going to reject them outright if they don't live up to some impossibly high standard they presume you have. OR they don't think you do want a serious relationship and are just saying that trying to get girls, which kind of screams f-boy. You might try just softening the verbage going from "wanting a serious relationship" to "being open to something long term". I know it's cutting hairs, but one is a bit more intimidating than the other.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes