Girls, what are some not obvious things in a guy's dating profile that turn you off?

Please don't state the really obvious, I'm looking at things that he may not realize, but you women don't like to hear? I'm trying to think of an example but I can't lol.

I notice I get lots of attention on my profile, but nobody ever messages me or replies to mine (very rarely) if I message them first. I have no idea what's wrong? Something must be turning them off, but I have no idea what? Unless I'm just ugly? lol But I don't think that's it because they are checking out my profile to begin with, so it must be something I'm saying in it that's doing it? I'm not looking for a hook up or anything, and I state that I want a serious long term relationship, so that's usually the first thing, but that's not the issue. I have a nice photo (not shirtless or anything).
I appreciate the honest feedback ladies. Wow! So many differences. I think I just give up lol.

18

Most Helpful Girls

• Most women on dating apps (I think) are not really interested in actual dating. They’re probably more interested in getting an ego-boost, and then sleeping with a guy she already knows or getting a boyfriend she already knows in person.

Men just take dating apps too seriously lmao. Most women there are old profiles that haven’t been used in years

• Yes I believe that also. A lot of women just like to look or like the attention, and don't really seem to actually be looking.

• No, not by us. By the fact that men believe that one woman’s behavior must be the same for all women. We vary as much as you do

• Yes that's very true, but we guys get grouped together a lot too. Human nature I guess? lol

• I hate it when it’s very generic. For example, literally every second guy mentions travelling the world together, liking photography or something pet-related (especially dogs). A picture with a dog in itself is unlikely to turn me off, I love dogs - I just know people USE them to be more attractive on dating websites. I also hate when they state their height like ‘6’2” heard it matters’. At least do it in a funny original way! Aside from that of course shirtless pics, or calling yourself ‘ordinary’. Use humour, be funny, be interesting and be smart. Show off your best most original qualities so you’re D I F F E R E N T. Also please no fidget spinners, thrasher t-shirts etc - trendy is one step away from cheap, and is just showing how you follow the crowd- quite unattractive