What does it mean when a guy says he loves you and you guys aren't dating?

Me and this guy met off a dating site and I gave him my snap and we've been talking for a couple months but we've never really been on a date or seen each other in person he said he loved me a couple of days ago and keeps saying it I say it back but that's cause I don't want to hurt his feelings but I asked him why he loved me and he said cause you're nice and pretty but I don't think he really loves me cause he always brings up sex and like I'm not the type of person that just has sex with a guy I have to know them on a personal level but does he just want sex or does he really like me?

02