How should a bill be payed for on a date?

• Man pays
    Vote A
  • Woman pays
    Vote B
  • Bill is split
    Vote C
  • The person who asks pays
    Vote D
  • Income based/other
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like whoever insists on paying should pay

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're referring to two people going on a date for the first time, then I'd say split the bill, so each pays for their own first, but if both are happy for one person to pay, then it's fine, especially if both offer to pay for everything in the first place.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 8

• The person initiating the date pays for the first date as they pick the venue generally and therefore pricepoint. In our culture its usually the man.

For later dates its whatever the couple decides on. For me I pay around my payday and my girlfriend at the time usually covered the other weekend to balance it out.

0|1
    0|1
  • tradition is for man to ask for the date and, b/c he did so, pay.
    personally, would rather bill were split. if couple is compatible, then either can pay. all this should be discussed prior to the date. although it hasn't happened to me, have known of several friends who have had their wallets raped by "dinner princesses," who insist on high-end establishments, then take most of it home to consume w/o the guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be split. But lots of women expect men to pay.

0|2
    0|0
  • if i ever go on a date , i will pay it anyways but its nice hear if she is willing to pay

0|2
    0|0
  • Split it 50/50

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ll get Mexico to pay

0|1
    0|0
  • Just split the bill

0|1
    0|0
  • Woman pays