Does it make someone materialistic if they don't want to go to a fast food restaurant on a date?

I keep seeing this meme surfing all over facebook telling an anecdote about a guy who took a woman on a date to McDonald's and the date costed him only $12. The meme goes on to say that this shows that there are women in this world who are not materialistic.

I understand that people have different standards and some girls may even prefer to go to McD's over a nice restaurant. But, some people would see it as a lack of appreciation and respect especially if the person making the invitation flaunts new sneakers, jewelry, cars, iphones, and vacations, all the time. Is it really that bad to have higher standards?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Can’t imagine taking someone out to a fast food restaurant on a first date. If I was forced to buy fast food, would meet in a park and make it into a picnic. I prefer a sit down restaurant as part of a first date where we can have a good conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• not necessarily, but possibly, but someone might just not want to go cause of the atmosphere