Would you date someone that cheated 10 years ago?

• Yes
  • No
I mean someone who cheated on another person 10 years ago, not you.

2733

Most Helpful Girls

• People can and do change, especially with time and maturity. I'd say if it hasn't happened again in the span of a decade, it's pretty safe to say they've learned their lesson.

• Everyone make mistakes, and sometimes they grow, change and become more mature because of them. 10 years is a long time, and if they haven't cheated on any of their partners since then, I would have no problem giving them a chance.

Most Helpful Guys

• I bet at least half the people here are bullshitting. Most would probably to continue to date that person. Telling someone you cheated in the past isn't a conversation that naturally comes up. It would probably be some time before they would find out.

• Do we know that the person has not categorically cheated on anyone else for 10 years straight? 10 years ago is one thing, but what was the history since then, relationship-wise?

• Assume that you have every reason to believe that there hasn't been any cheating since then and that person has learned their lesson.

• In that case, i would not feel apprehensive in dating her. 10 years is a long time. But for others, especially if impacted on by previous experiences, may go against. Both are valid, but for me I would be fine.