Would you date someone that cheated 10 years ago?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I mean someone who cheated on another person 10 years ago, not you.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• People can and do change, especially with time and maturity. I'd say if it hasn't happened again in the span of a decade, it's pretty safe to say they've learned their lesson.

1|1
    0|0
  • Everyone make mistakes, and sometimes they grow, change and become more mature because of them. 10 years is a long time, and if they haven't cheated on any of their partners since then, I would have no problem giving them a chance.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I bet at least half the people here are bullshitting. Most would probably to continue to date that person. Telling someone you cheated in the past isn't a conversation that naturally comes up. It would probably be some time before they would find out.

1|1
    0|0
  • Do we know that the person has not categorically cheated on anyone else for 10 years straight? 10 years ago is one thing, but what was the history since then, relationship-wise?

0|1
    0|0
    • Assume that you have every reason to believe that there hasn't been any cheating since then and that person has learned their lesson.

• In that case, i would not feel apprehensive in dating her. 10 years is a long time. But for others, especially if impacted on by previous experiences, may go against. Both are valid, but for me I would be fine.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 25

• If they can do it once they can do it twice. That is like renting to a person who has had an eviction on his record.

0|3
    0|0
  • No, because if he cheated once, he could cheat again... ♥

2|3
    0|0
  • No, I do not think that I could really trust someone who clearly doesn't value loyality as much as I do. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

0|1
    0|0
  • No and I would completely cut contact right after he cheated. I'd lose all trust from that.

0|1
    0|0
    • This would have been cheating by someone else.

• yea i guess the same situation unless it was abusive and they were seriously in no way of getting out and needed that help/support/love from someone else

• No because if I knew they had then I would always be wondering what if, and therefore I'd never be fully content in the relationship.

0|2
    0|0
  • No, I'm one of these people that believe a person's past matters.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I’m harsh. Cheat once you’ll cheat again. Breakup if you are unhappy.

1|2
    0|0
  • It depends if they regret it or not or if they feel something towards me or not

0|3
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date someone that cheated ever doesn't matter when they did

0|1
    1|0
  • I got get know them first depends on their personality.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep. And I'd cheat on them

0|1
    0|0
    • Even though this was someone who cheated on someone else.

• Show All
    • Lol, I'm kidding. Yes, I would date someone who cheated on someone else a decade ago. It would be strange to judge a guy off of a mistake he made long ago that didn't involve me

• I agree. People make mistakes, but they Need to learn from them.

• That's be concerning since they would be 7
    (Referring to dating a 17 year old)

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, for the purposes of this discussion, assume you're both 27, or at least he is.

• Never... Cheater will always be cheater

0|1
    0|0
    • Pretty harsh. I can understand recent cheating, but 10 years is a Long time and Maybe they learned their lesson.

• Show All
    • I meant here someone that cheated on someone else 10 years ago.

• Ohh then you can date her

• No...

0|1
    0|0
  • HELLNO

0|1
    0|0
  • Tough one. I'd have to quiz them on it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a chance

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    1|0
  • That’s a long time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but only give them one chance

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 31

• Yes. Ro be honest, I did cheated also. It happened one time and I felt like bag of turd for few months. I never did it again because I really dont wanna have that feeling again.

I also am aware that in order to learn something we need to make mistakes. And when you are young it is totally normal to experience as much as you can, because later in life we either become smarter or dumber. So yes, I would date a women that cheated 10 years ago.

2|1
    0|0
  • I would give themnthe benefit of the doubt depending maybe on the circumstances
    This whole once a cheater always a cheater attitude is infantile though people can change a lot over the course of 10 years (certain 10 year spans more than others) and the relationship you would have with the person is not automatically the same as the relationship the person had 10 years before

1|1
    0|0
  • People change and 10 years is a long time. I believe in 2nd chances and considering they didn't cheat on me, I think I'd be willing to give it a shot.

2|1
    0|0
  • Most likely like shit u were 6 or 5 years old that age?

0|1
    0|0
    • Assume you and she are 27 and she cheated just once when she was 17.

• Then I want everything. Why, when and how was the relationship. I'd need every single detail maybe not sex stuff but ya know... And if she is unwilling to tell me then well fuck that of she can't trust little me I can't trust jer.

• maybe, but i'd be very observant in the relationship (paying extra attention to her social media, where she is going, etc) until genuine trust is built over a certain time period

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I am sure I would at least go on a first date with them because I would not expect them to disclose that information to a complete stranger.

0|1
    0|0
  • Date them, yes. But to be in a relationship, they'd need to build my trust.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would be skeptical. She didn't date me so i'd give her a chance. Keep in mind you said date

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually, not always, that pattern repeats itself. Usually all relationships get stale and a cheaters way to fix is to find someone else. Sad thing

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I dont trust people like that. I don't care if it was forty years ago.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope once they show theyre hand your only kidfing yourself that theyre 2timer dr jekyll Mr Hyde days are over

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on a lot of things. Like whether they've done it since, whether I think they've changed or not. Stuff like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I could never date her again but I would fuck her so she knows she’s missing out

0|1
    0|0
  • People learn from mistakes I think ten years is more than enough time for a second chance

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I have been through too much with cheaters in my life. I know them too well.

0|1
    0|0
  • No if u dislike the relationship leaving and if not controll ur self

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure why not. A person can change a lot over 10 years.

0|1
    0|0
  • 10 years are more than enough to change a persons view on life. I'd give them a solid chance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes