Can someone be too good to be true?

I’ve recently met the man of my dreams. Literally the living and walking man I have always dreamed of (if I write a list describing my dream man, he checks them all out). He is what I am looking for mentally, physically, and emotionally. And he knows this because I have communicated my feelings...

But something tells me to proceed with caution because he is too perfect. Just a bit much.

Or can someone be truly be good without any red flags? Or am I blinded by desire?
What are your thoughts? Have you ever met your dream man or girl?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• You're blinded by desire. This is simply an emotion you've conjured up in your head. Women do this.
    So date, get to know, and vet him just like you would anyone else. Your job is to make a determination, to discern, whether he is a match or not, or if he's worthy of your investment in time and emotion. Just like any other date.
    No one is perfect. Once you get to know better, and spend some time together, you'll find the chinks in his armor. :)

1|1
    1|0
    • This is amazing advice! You deserve MHO :)

• But right now we are just friends and we are perfectly fine keeping it that way :)

• Ah, sure, the friendzone... where EVERY guy wants to be. LOL

• The first thing you need to realise is no person is perfect and the dream guy has flaws. You may not see them yet but everyone does and it could be his flaws align well and you continue forward or they don't and you all split.

I would also say you may well be suffering from honeymoon syndrome, where everything is amazing and perfect and even his flatulence smells of roses. The last but is crude but you get my meaning.

Regardless and despite the caveats I would say be open minded. If you look hard enough even the Sistine Chapel has imperfections, so just look and take it all in and enjoy what it is for now. That doesn't mean ignore the massive crack if you spot it, but don't go picking away looking for something convinced that what you have is too perfect.

I would say enjoy the ride of emotions, the time you have, and don't focus on his perfection or imperfection. Just let the answers come in their own time, be patient.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone comes with red flags simply because no one is perfect. Everyone has flaws.
    Everyone fucks up in some way, shape, or form.

I say trust your gut. We have intuition for a reason. Don’t allow it to go to waste.

Pursue happiness, but don’t be a blind fool. I’m glad you’ve found someone to make you happy 😊

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Please be careful
    Yes , sometimes it is too good to be true, as I have learned , my first relationship ever was here on G@G , I met a girl that is just like me.
    She broke all my benchmark , but then. after dumping me, she tells me it was all fake, and that is not who she was.
    So yes, that is true, sometimes , no , I know I am kind of guy (not to sound cocky ) who are too good to be true, but I take things slow if I were you, and look hard.

1|0
    0|0
    • That story sounds really interesting

• So you don’t talk to her anymore?

• I did talk a while , then she blocked me, made a new account , blocked me again
      new account , blocked me again ahaa (after I made a questions about her and invited her to )
      It was perfect I tell you, I was ready to travel and see her, but thank god she shown her true self

• Well he's human and he's not perfect. But my advice would be to not sabotage what might be a great relationship out of some disbelief that a guy can really be what he seems to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say go for it, don't think about it too much or you might not approach him. Just start talking to him. I am curious to see how this went. I have not had a girl I thought was too perfect but every girl I look at I day dream about. I think, is she the one... :) But then I get to know them and they are not exactly the right fit. But I hope I will meet ms. Right one day

0|0
    0|0
  • When you look at someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags look like flags

1|1
    0|0
    • She should date you then she should be going through the School of Hard Knocks and earning a diploma. I would much rather see that for her where true love truly exist then some guy that's got tons of money floating around at a high paying job

• @Iron_Man what the fuck are you talking about?
      I go to school and I have two jobs... I don’t need a man to be dependent on...

But keep talking nonsense

• I have to make sure because you're talking about your dream man and I know how most women think

• Everyone has flaws, lust will mask them. Proceed with caution, if he is the 'one' you have an entire lifetime to be with him. If not, better to be conservative now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let me guess he's got a good high paying job and you're going to feel financially secure with him right?

0|0
    1|1
  • Sometimes they can be but someone else may see him and he doesn't check everything they look for in a man. Seeing something as too good to be true is often just because we see it as beyond our grasp and to try to reach for it seems impossible.

1|0
    0|0
  • No one can't know perfectly, What do WOMAN think EXACTLY ,,,,
    And
    DEPTH of the SEA..

Firstly of all, i would like to say,, beautiful lady, please take a stand. You are telling yourself, he is your dream man, by mentally, physically, emotionally.
    When you got him, now you are saying, he is too perfect. Just a bit much etc..
    What's this?
    I think, women don't have brain.

Now, tell me,, why did you tell him your feelings, your desire about your dream man?

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone seems too good to be true then you are usually right about them. People are usually not what they seem at first.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think your intuition is telling you something is off. Have several of your friends meet him and hang out with you guys. Maybe even go on a double date

0|0
    0|0
  • did he fit all that criteria before or after you communicated your feelings? lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say the theme of physical action and the request for such things very early is a typical red flag. Or other things...

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust, but verify. Always good to proceed with caution.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing puts you off someone like actually getting to know them. Take those Rose tinted specs off

0|0
    0|0
  • When I first met my college love in the canteen, I thought "Is this a dream?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. We often don't see problems starting off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Procede with caution.

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes it is too good to be true

1|0
    0|0
  • He might be emotionally unavailable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s possible

0|0
    0|0
  • no..

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah it happems

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you actually meet in person, or is this purely online?

0|0
    0|0
    • Does it matter?

• Show All
    • I already know who this is

• I doubt that

• Depends on how shallow your dreams and desires are. Get a grip.

0|0
    1|0
    • I don’t get how you came to the conclusion that this makes me shallow...

• Show All
    • You still make no sense...

• If your hopes and dreams are shallow then "yes" - It's to good to be true.

What Girls Said 4

• I've been EXACTLY where you are.. your "moonstruck" and under the spell of a "lovebomb".. (I am still under this spell)... If something is too good to be true it is... before you put all your faith into their words instead of their actions look into sociopaths/psycopaths.. of course he won't admit being diagnosed with such serious chemical imbalances for years after you've known him if admits it all!

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that sounds or looks too good to be true, is too good to be true.

0|1
    0|0
  • We all have a 'gut instinct' about something, and generally it's a warning with a voice inside your head saying,,, just be careful.

Unfortunately, we can all be blinded by desire and the 'they are so right' feeling.

Everyone needs a little guidance at some point in their lives, there's no harm in asking for help.

So, on this note I would suggest that you tread carefully and if you do happen to notice any'red flags' then keep it in the 'friend zone'... it could end up being a lot less complicated.

0|1
    0|0
  • No it's an illusion a facade

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes