Can someone be too good to be true?

I’ve recently met the man of my dreams. Literally the living and walking man I have always dreamed of (if I write a list describing my dream man, he checks them all out). He is what I am looking for mentally, physically, and emotionally. And he knows this because I have communicated my feelings...

But something tells me to proceed with caution because he is too perfect. Just a bit much.

Or can someone be truly be good without any red flags? Or am I blinded by desire?
What are your thoughts? Have you ever met your dream man or girl?

528

Most Helpful Guys

• You're blinded by desire. This is simply an emotion you've conjured up in your head. Women do this.
    So date, get to know, and vet him just like you would anyone else. Your job is to make a determination, to discern, whether he is a match or not, or if he's worthy of your investment in time and emotion. Just like any other date.
    No one is perfect. Once you get to know better, and spend some time together, you'll find the chinks in his armor. :)

• This is amazing advice! You deserve MHO :)

• But right now we are just friends and we are perfectly fine keeping it that way :)

• Ah, sure, the friendzone... where EVERY guy wants to be. LOL

• The first thing you need to realise is no person is perfect and the dream guy has flaws. You may not see them yet but everyone does and it could be his flaws align well and you continue forward or they don't and you all split.

I would also say you may well be suffering from honeymoon syndrome, where everything is amazing and perfect and even his flatulence smells of roses. The last but is crude but you get my meaning.

Regardless and despite the caveats I would say be open minded. If you look hard enough even the Sistine Chapel has imperfections, so just look and take it all in and enjoy what it is for now. That doesn't mean ignore the massive crack if you spot it, but don't go picking away looking for something convinced that what you have is too perfect.

I would say enjoy the ride of emotions, the time you have, and don't focus on his perfection or imperfection. Just let the answers come in their own time, be patient.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone comes with red flags simply because no one is perfect. Everyone has flaws.
    Everyone fucks up in some way, shape, or form.

I say trust your gut. We have intuition for a reason. Don’t allow it to go to waste.

Pursue happiness, but don’t be a blind fool. I’m glad you’ve found someone to make you happy 😊