Have you ever had an awkward moment when it was time to pay the bill on a first date?

Regarding who will pay
  • Yes
  • No
  • Haven't had a date/results
    Vote C

2223

Most Helpful Girls

• I usually based who should pay on how the date went - if it is going well I hope he pays and if it is not I usually pay for myself. If the date is not going well and he pays for dinner I feel like I owe him something later (ie. sex etc.) which is not something I want.

• If my date drove I always make sure I have money for the bus or to take a cab home if the date goes horribly or he is a creep. I literally had a guy leave me at the side of the road after I told him not to touch my breasts during a date.

• and your one of the good guys

• Thanks. Of course we're disappointed when a first date didn't go well, but it's not too much trouble to make sure a girl gets home safely.

• Yes, i awkwardly reached for my bag after he pulled out his wallet. He looked at me like I grew another head 😂. He then said no I'll pay. I felt bad since i was the ome who took him out and because he didn't like his dinner. I still feel embarrassed thinking about it.

• I don't think you should feel embarassed. I don't think he would have said he'd pay if he minded.

• True but it was an awkard moment. I don't know I'll get over it eventually

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah when a woman gets nervous that I always pay. Thinking maybe that I would think she'd owe me "something" when in reality I just enjoy her company and if I'm taking someone out to dinner I want that person to not worry about money.

• This is the most succinct and accurate Explanation of how guys feel About this that I've seen.

• Yeah, I've had multiple dates with horrible women. If she can't even fake kindness and interest for the duration of a date, she can kiss my hairy ass. I had one girl throw her drink at me, but I dodged it and she doused the chick in the booth behind me (who also made a snotty comment about my refusal to pay for the monster I was there with). I handed the waitress plenty to cover my tab plus a generous tip, and I apologized for the rude cunt I shared the table with. Then I skidaddled. One of the best nights of my life, actually. That was the first time I acknowledged my own value in the presence of a woman, and it didn't hurt a bit. Plus I saw a great movie by myself later that night.