Would you ever date someone who has Mental Health Issues? Bipolar disorder, Depression, Personality disorders, etc?

Today is World Mental Health Day 2018. Sometimes it can be quite embarrassing to say you have a mental health issue. I say it's time to stop the stigma with Mental Health and acknowledge.. IT'S OKAY TO GET HELP. We may not all have mental health issues but we all have a mental health that we need to take care of just like anything else. #worldmentalhealthday2018

Would you ever date someone who you know to have Mental Health Issues? Feel free to comment below YaY or Nay.
  • YES
  • NO

2241

Most Helpful Girls

• As someone with borderline personality disorder people treat me completely differently if and when they find out about my diagnosis. But otherwise, they would have never known. Especially if you dont live with me every day. It's really shitty to reduce someone to their illness.

• I will never date anyone with a such a severe mental helth issue again. I dated this guy with severe depression and he just bought me down. I tried my best to help him, but he wouldn't even take the steps to help himself. Told him he wasn't alone, but he still refused doctors diagnosis, therapy, and just made excuses. So I had to leave him. When we broke up he pushed me away then tried to act like I didn't care about him at all, and that I just left him like all the other people in his life. He made me feel like the bad guy.
    After a while I just stopped speaking to him. Half a year later he texted me he finally went to get help and that he was doing a lot better. He wanted to get back together, but I refused to have that toxic relationship again. Being with him was like being stuck in the middle of the ocean without a life vest with an anchored tied to your ankle pulling you down into the water and drowning you. I will NEVER date anyone who has such a severe mental disorder because all they do is bring you down with them. It's not their fault, but I can't handle that, not again. I was on the brink of suicide around him. I still remember when he called me and said he was going to kill himself. I broke down in tears. Broke my heart somebody would feel that broken. It was just manipulation because he did the same thing a again and again.

Most Helpful Guys

• I have clinical depression so I know what it's like. Hopefully we'd be there for each other and bring out the best in ourselves.

I need someone who understands my issues as well. I would love for my future partner and I to be able to grow together.

• I can’t believe that 72% of you would ever voluntarily do this. By accident I got involved with a mentaly unbalanced lady once. It started out innocent enough but she became more and more unstable as time progressed. I have to jump out of a moving car because she was going to comment suicide and murdere me.
    My advice to you is let them get help and leave them alone. If you are in a disfunctional relationship get out, and get out now. Leave and hide nothing will ever get better and you may loose your life.