Do you think long distance relationships can work?

Explain why or why not.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's doable.. not easy but communication is key. Don't necessarily need to be on top of each other on what to either is doing, but honesty goes a long way

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It can work: There are couples going on their relationship despite the distance.

1|0
    0|0
  • They can if there is patience and understanding and a lot of efforts are being put into it by both partners.. But that doesn't happen very often so most of them fail.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• No. Or, at least, almost never. It requires that BOTH people have an extraordinary ability to sacrifice and to pour energy and attention into the relationship for very little return.

It's not impossible for that to happen - I mean, people win the Lottery too - but the vast, overwhelming majority of LDRs fail, due directly to the separation.

Relationships are about spending time together. If you can't do that, then there's little point in making all the effort. It would be like commuting to a job you don't like to work 50 hours a week and not get paid for it - just because you enjoy the food that a nearby restaurant serves. It won't be long before the draw of that food isn't enough to do all that work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. Cause well the distance doesn't matter , what really matters is if you love him or not. If you love someone who is farther from where you live then that's no real problem cause well you love the dude who is away and not the one close.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very true. Most people worry about being catfished or something but they don’t always have to be a fake person right? Lol

• Right love with all trust

• It May
    But most of u cannot make a short distance work... so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if you really love your SO and you really want it to work. Being 5000 miles apart is no different to being 5 miles apart. If your hearts can be together, being far apart does not matter.

2|0
    0|0
  • For me personally no. But i know some that work well asf. And some of those I am jealous of a little bit because those two people really care about each other. The reason I would not is because I want like a bff in a relationship and i want to spend time with them in person. In person interactions are way more meaningful to me than text, calls and facetimes.

1|1
    0|0
    • I agree, but I think it's okay if the separation is just temporary.

• Yes. It just depends on the people involved. I know someone that has been with someone three years in a long distance relationship. One live in England, and the other in Indonesia, but they make it work.

2|0
    0|0
  • If you are both honest, every body gets lonely, so you have to be reel

1|0
    0|0
    • Forget the bollocks, everybody will cheat in a distance relationship x

• Show All
    • I mean, we once went 2 weeks without talking and he said he was trying to call me but I don't know. Maybe it’s a personality thing

• Maybe, it's a lol thing it happens x

• Good question - I have currently just started my first one and I honestly don't know - We are playing it by ear

1|0
    0|0
  • If such a question arised in you, then it means it won't work for you. Else it will work

0|0
    2|1
  • I hope so! I'm in an LDR right now that started with a girl I met in college.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• ok, in my CURRENT experience. I am not sure. My boyfriend and I have been in a ldr since June because I moved. Since then we broke up 3 times and always came back to each other. we saw each other 4 times.

But now I feel like I don't love him anymore. I feel as if I am not attracted to him and I am attracted to my guy friend (who I see more often).

So in a simple answer. I am unsure. You really have to see each other a lot. Because the physical connection is very IMPORTANT. You can't live reminiscing and on hopes to see them soon and texting and calling. Soon it becomes boring, repetitive and not enough :(

1|2
    0|0
    • Ur young to be experiencing this lol sorry to hear that it couldn’t work out :(

• Show All
    • I didn’t say that u were too young. I just said that u were young but who am I to talk? I’m only a couple of years older than you lol

• Yes but you both really need to commit to each other well. Communication is the most important here. Also make sure to visit him/her at least twice a year. Oh ldr needs money too xD
    I know this because I am in one. After my boyfriend is done with his study, he is back to his country and now it has been the third year for us. We are doing okay. Will get married by next year.

1|0
    0|0
  • It truly depends how much each person cares for each other. It's possible but it's not easy either. A lot of things could happen between distance.

1|0
    0|0
    • Camera can break so not being able to see each other, phone could break so there’s no communication 😩 it’s a lot of things

• I am agree with my man here and by the way, wow, dating someone in military (ldr) sounds so hard. I hope you guys can through it just fine! Just keep fighting! (:

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do.

If you are dedicated.
    It is important to have good communication, tell them if something is wrong.
    Trust also is an important factor, if you want it to work out.
    Hope this helps! ^-^

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, depends on the peoples commitment to the relationship, wether it will be
    worth it in long run or waste of time.

1|1
    0|0
  • I hope so or else I’ll have to break up with my boyfriend who lives in another state

1|0
    0|0
  • It can, but sooner or later at least one of you would have to leave his/her friends and family behind and make out of your long distance relationship a regular one. If neither of you is able/willing to do so then it most likely won't last for long.
    I've already had two ldr's, 2 and 2,5 years and both broke apart because neither of us wanted to leave everything behind. The risk to stay completely alone at a unfamiliar place after a breakup (which is obviously just as likely as for every other relationship) seemed too high.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm currently in one and to be honest, I don't see it going anywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried before. It was a waste of time

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes