Are all good-quality guys taken?

It seems like the good-quality men I come across are already married or in relationships.

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• You said ''a good quality guy doesn't have to look like a Calvin Klein model, but he should be physically attractive to me personally; not abusive/controlling/dominant, not a player-type, is financially successful, is emotionally stable and mature, can write and read well, holds traditional, conservative, and religious values...''

I know a guy that is exactly that, but he could well be a CK model, looks a lot younger than his years and is emotionally stable (worked in psychology). However, the last time we talked he said he had no interest in the current generation of women. I've seen women chase him, but he always rejects them. I do see him checking them out a lot though. Guess old habits die hard.

1|0
    0|0
    • I have to admit as a woman that this generation of women has gotten out of control with all this sex culture. I am not like that fortunately.

• Not all, but high-quality guys usually are not single for long, which is why it seems like they are all in relationships.

5|7
    1|1
    • Is it possible to meet them even if most are taken?

• Show All
    • I'm not high quality then, lol

• @LegateLanius: That's just her personal Definition- different Girls will have different definitions.

Most Helpful Girls

• Not at all. Based on other comments you seem to be focusing too much on filling a checklist than getting to know someone's personality and enjoying them for the unique person they are. Growing up as a girl I was pretty much taught to do that by dating articles. But in reality, everyone has some good and some bad to them.

When I socialize, I treat everyone as an individual, I learn what thier worldview is and respond to them and learn to get along with them individually. I appreciate them for who they are, not for what they bring, and because of this 80% of every single guy I talk to gets feelings for me. This applies across ages, and that creeps me out tbh but it shows just how well I can get along with anyone. I think your mentality will turn off the men you're attracted to, as I'm average looking too. I'm not trying to say I think you're a bad person, it's what we learn and see other people do. I've spent enough time in a long term relationship and love has very little to do with what you're looking for. When you really love someone, you won't care about thier political views or if they gain weight. I'm not saying you can't persue a higher "quality" male but the most important quality is personality. Men who have thier lives going for them are directed by strong and usually very attractive personalities. You'll need an equally attractive personality as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all, you have to look for them, invest the time it takes to find out what he is really like. Lots of those good-quality guys are the shy quiet types, they don't run around bragging about how good they are; watch for him to demonstrate his quality behaviors. Usually they're quality behavior comes naturally not forced or done to, show off! You're probably not going to find him in a club or bar hopping. You might find him through a married or seriously dating friend whose SO is friends with this guy. Some of my husband's friends are super sweet nice guys who if I were single I'd be really interested! Don't be opposed to an introduction to someone by a friend, I've introduced a few of my friends a couple of them ended up going out, one ended up being a couple! Networking works for finding great guys and girls too!! I don't run around trying to fix up single friends, unless I already know they are open to being introduced to someone who passes our "inspection"!! There are still keepers out there, so keep looking and networking!!

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 144

• Look for men with the potential of becomong good-quality.

Men become good-quality with the help of women who know how to take care of them properly.

First of all men with potential can find a kind of freedom from being in a relationship. Freedom from their selves.

Men become grounded and can maintain their direction in life better when they have a woman to help them along, help them become more consistant in their efforts.

Men become men by caring for others and women show them how. Caring for the needs of their women and gaining their praise for it increases their quality.

Men can even become more confident if a women places her confidence in them.

You should want to support a man if you want a quality man. If you want to find a packaged fully self-sustained good-quality man, if such a thing exists, think, for what would he need you? Just for sex probably.

Don't look for a good-quality man. Look for a good-quality relationship, where both sides want to help each other increase their quality.

1|2
    1|0
    • Agreeable! Check my comment, I describe how the dichotomy of today is that, most chicks (generally) don't know how to be what you described.

• Show All
    • Agree. I still think there's no good guy waiting outside like a good apple ready to be purchased. With different flaws and qualities and beliefs we mess up badly before we make it through the good relationship. I agree it is not about teaching qualities to any guy or girl butbat least understand the other's pattern and feel it.

• @Toldol2 I agree. There's no such thing as the perfect guy. But, you can certainly find someone who has the qualities you need or "must haves". I think it's better that way since you already know what to expect.

• Let me see since I see no definition here a high quality guy is one that follows orders well, makes a good living, is physically fit and built in all the right places. He will bow to your desires, wants, and needs.

Which leads me to do you want a high quality guy or do you need one? Your mindset is the key as to whether there is a high quality guy out there or not.

3|1
    0|0
    • To me, a good quality guy doesn't have to look like a Calvin Klein model, but he should be physically attractive to me personally; not abusive/controlling/dominant, not a player-type, makes a good living, is emotionally stable and mature, can write and read well, holds traditional, conservative, and religious values... Are there guys like this still out there?

• Oh you are normal, rare on here. Yes there is definitely hope for you to find one but it doesn’t happen just because you want it to. It will happen when you are not panicking and obsessing over it. Today I was trying to find a part that I really needed bad and I am telling that as soon as I didn’t care anymore, there it was right in front of my face. It always works that way. When looking for someone serious it will happen when the oddest most unlikely circumstances cause it and when you least expect it. So I say yes, they are still out there and good luck to you.

• depends on what you mean by good quality...

some decent guys are still single as many of those who are kind and caring and have good morals and a loyal and committed attitude get thrown out, either cos we are too committed and not a bad boy type or cos we are too loving
    who knows why though

but look around you will find a lot of decent guys who are just waiting for that right one to come along

1|0
    0|0
    • To me, a good quality guy doesn't have to look like a Calvin Klein model, but he should be physically attractive to me personally; not abusive/controlling/dominant, not a player-type, makes a good living, is generous/non-frugal, is emotionally stable and mature, can write and read well, holds traditional, conservative, and religious values... Are there guys like this still out there?

• Show All
    • up to those who see for themselves... i'm not religious myself but never have a problem with other peoples beliefs unless they ram it down others or my throat... and demand i believe what they do, because it is how they were taught to believe...
      I see old romantic values as being a must but can accept modern views and adapt to those...
      every one of my ex's who have had any confidence issues have been encouraged to follow their hearts and dreams, my last ex told me that when she met me she had no confidence and didn't understand what i saw in her... we were together for 3 years before we parted as friends... and she said to me the other day that she never would have been able to find herself if i hadn't have encouraged her to follow her heart.
      despite me being left alone and losing out i dont regret it, cos i gained a great friend even after our experiences

but you will find someone who fits your type

it may be a case of seeing what is out there who aren't on that type,

• as many good guys out there who would surprise you as they may not appear to fit your type but once you get to know them they could turn out better than what you're looking for

I hope though you find that special someone who makes you happy though as everyone deserves to be happy :)

• Perhaps you should consider dating married men. I know a few young women who only date married men. They are specifically not looking for a man to marry. Unfortunately, there are legal and social impediments to allowing the good quality men having more than one wife.

0|0
    3|0
    • I'm not that depraved. I have dignity and morals.

• Show All
    • @BangersAndMash Exactly! Smh

• @BangersAndMash
      Some couples stay married only because one or both is dating someone else.

• If "good quality" means a guy that has a lot of money, career, nice house etc then yes most of those are taken, just like women like that are also mostly taken. However there are still good quality single guys out there but they don't have all the money and other things so they tend to be home-bodies so they simply don't meet anyone.

0|1
    0|0
    • How can one meet a good-quality guy if most of them are taken?

• Show All
    • Ugh, I know. That’s another problem. How can I maximize my chances of meeting a good quality man? To me, a good quality guy doesn't have to look like a Calvin Klein model, but he should be physically attractive to me personally; not abusive/controlling/dominant, not a player-type, is financially successful, is emotionally stable and mature, can write and read well, holds traditional, conservative, and religious values... I’m also attracted to older men, which makes it even more difficult because most of them are already married.

• I don't know how much older you want to go but there are a lot of good divorced over 40's men out there but a lot of them have sworn off women due to bad break-ups.

• Grass is always greener on the other side. Your just seeing what's external or what people want appearances to be. Maybe not have unrealistic expectations on men either. Granted some men are better than others. Keep looking but look in quality places. And places men are more likely to mean this "good quality"

0|0
    0|1
    • What exactly are unrealistic expectations? I don't believe there's such thing as the perfect man/woman, but I do believe that certain qualities are realistic.

• So you have never come across a good quality man who wasn't married? I find that hard to believe. There are plenty of good quality men problem is usually associated with peoples standards being to high and or unrealistic. What's your quality's that seem to be elusive fr you then?

• I think "good-quality" means something different to everybody. To some girls, a desirable man means looking like Justin Beiber, being athletic, funny, into music, etc. I personally am lenient when it comes to looks as long as I have the important qualities I am looking for. That's not to say that I would date a guy I am not physically attracted to.

• Simple

If you want to attract bees, u put flowers, if you want to flyes, you put shits...

Common sense..
    That all

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of us want that fairytale. There are guys around that will commit, that will not cheat, and that will cherish having your affection.

But because we're ready for that sort of serious relationship, and willingly commit to it, you won't find that many who are actually single.

The ones that are single the most are the ones who screw it up the most, who don't commit, and who aren't ready to settle into the rest of their lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • No all the good guys aren’t taken, you just have to keep looking. Sometimes they’re hard to find but it will be worth it when you find the right guy. Try looking outside your circle of friends and outside the typical places for dating like bars. Doing different new activities will lead to meeting new people and new guys. Also you might try the online dating thing too while still looking in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's really simple, but stupid women refuse to listen:
    Good men have little to no urge to peacock. They won't strut around being obvious or flashing signals designed to make them "attractive".
    Stuck-up bitches, therefore, refuse to notice the good men and keep falling for manwhores. Then these bitches get used as fucktoys and whine about it.
    Meanwhile, the good men have been noticed by good women, who aren't interested in all the preening and bullshit.

1|2
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 42

• Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • There are not ant left

0|0
    0|3
  • Definitely tough right now. It seems a lot of men are straight to sex. I’m all about sex but I’d like to be first be pursued for my company and companionship... even tho it’s in the back of both our minds. To me that’s a huge good quality... it’s hard to find.

0|1
    0|0
  • You just need to look around and you'll find them, maybe widen your taste and you'll find a lot of great guys that maybe are not initially your type but eventually you'll think of them as good-quality men !

0|0
    0|0
  • How does it not make sense that a good catch will already have found their own catch?
    On the other hand, if you obsess too much over "the perfect catch who must already be taken", you will miss out on some really decent men.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always thought this as being a 20 year old girl but most good-quality guys are actually single. You have to step out of that comfort zone of yours and actually meet someone a little bit older. I dated guys 2 years younger then me and 5-7 years older then me but now I'm dating a guy who is 12 years older then me and it's great.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I treat younger girls much better than I did when I was their age. A guy really appreciates a younger girl that likes him, and she is rare so you REALLY appreciate it every minute you are together, not just in bed. And I/we are much much better at sex than when we were younger.

• That's cause they're good quality men so of course they're taken fast. But surely there's still a few who hasn't been taken or a few that are hidden and you just need to find them

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I thought that too and then I met my boyfriend who is amazing! You will meet him when you least expect it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess by quality men you'd mean those who have a great personality and a Greek god body type because otherwise good quality men according to me are full out there, you just need to look with your heart but with your eyes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Id say you won't find a good guy walking by himself waiting for a good girl. the good ones became good after messing up badly with their current lady. There is no fairy tale...

0|0
    0|0
    • There are good guys out there that don't need to mess up. They just need a girl to give him a chance. How many guys who if you swiped right instead of left would have worshiped the ground you walk on. Everyone wants to date up, so when you swipe right to date up, the person you swiped on is swiping right on someone else he wants date up with. and so on, and so on.

We can all get people who will be very good to us, will treat us better than anyone we've been with before... but we don't want them... we know we can do better. And the better guy you want is looking for someone better than you.

• @On_the_other_hand How do you define "better"? If you're talking about physically, I am a physically attractive woman, but I put more weight on other characteristics besides beauty in a man. That doesn't mean that I will date someone I'm not physically attracted to. It just means that he has to be someone who is attractive to me personally. That being said, people are attracted to different things. I personally don't find six packs to be as hyped up as they are. I also prefer older men as opposed to men my age. I also see many good-looking guys dating not so-good looking girls. Perhaps their standards of beauty are different? Beauty is subjective after all.

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes