How much would you spend on a first date?

US dollars is the currency.
  • $0-20
    Vote A
  • $20-50
    Vote B
  • $50-100
    Vote C
  • $100-150
    Vote D
  • over $150
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd probably say €20-50 dollars which is about £15-40. Assuming I don't know the person very well, I wouldn't want to spend much more than that because I don't know if the relationship is going anywhere. It might be different if I was already friends with the person and we were doing something we both would enjoy in order to see if there was any romantic chemistry between us.

0|1
    0|0
  • What's interesting is females would suggests eating home made food, pretty sure if a guy suggests that eyes woukd role with potential for being suggested. I'm not sure how much I dont set a limit. It's mainly let's fo have some fun. But I'm not going to go out of my way to go to expensive places. For a 1st date. The chick could just be using you for a meal. Radio station had a female worker fo pn how she dated dudes back to back for free meals and gifts. She will schedule sever dudes same day. And do this several days a week.

0|1
    1|0
    • I'd much rather have her over to my place and cook for her than to go out to eat.

• Show All
    • Chinese friend of mine in Beijing tells me that some serial dater girls there will order especially expensive meal items because they know the guy won't complain in order to save face and will simply pay the bill.

• Very true. That also happens in America.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 27

• First date/meeting for coffee or something until you know there’s interest for a second date.
    I don’t like fussy/high maintenance dates (once in a while is fun), seems like too much pressure.
    I prefer an adventure type date where maybe all you spend is money for gas!

0|2
    0|0
    • What about a night dinner in snow.
      A dinner table with a brick-wall background having yellowish dim lights?

• Over 150 if I liked him

0|1
    0|0
  • This much.
    How much would you spend on a first date?

0|2
    0|0
  • 5 dollars or less. Either meet up at a coffee shop or do something that doesn’t require money for the first date.

1|2
    1|0
  • There shoud be an option I don't spend *cough gold diggers cough*

0|1
    0|0
    • I'd assume they're answering under $0. Do they pay their way to the date?

• 0 dollars. First dates are not worth paying for. We can go someplace that doesn’t require money.

3|2
    0|0
  • No more than 100 id be paying for mh own transportation and meal and whatever activities we do after but maybe let the guy pay some things if he wanted to

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't really be interested in paying more than 20-25 bucks. There's no need to go somewhere super expensive on a first date.

0|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't spend more than $50. If less even better

0|2
    0|0
  • Around 20-30$ cause a date shouldn't be that expensive,

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 45

• My first date might be coffee or a walk... so, not counting the cost of looking good - IF I buy something special, I may not count that as spending on the date, technically.

I think if she wanted some expensive, fancy dinner, then I’d have to decline. To me, that would reek of her just being after free food. That’s reserved for down the line, maybe. Otherwise, even a movie is out until date three or so.

0|1
    0|0
  • $300.00 for dinner at a nice restaurant, like Ruth's Chris, and more for whatever movie tickets cost these days, which I don't go to, because I don't like new movies.

0|1
    0|0
    • I was never cheap, even as a kid. Always took a girl to our Country Club, or an expensive restaurant, then a movie or show. Still do it with my wife. That's what good restaurants cost these days, and we don't drink.

• All of these people saying $50 are going to some pretty cheap places.
    I've been on dates where it would actually be cheaper if I just hired a high class hooker.

0|1
    0|2
  • Zero dollars; excellent way to rule out the gold diggers and freeloaders early. If she doesn't want to spend time with you without spending your money, she doesn't really want to spend time with you at all. She's more about what you have to give her than who and what you are as a person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well if the girl is hot, I go to a middle class restaurant (80-100dollars) just to make her mind "I am not so special"
    But if the girl is average we go to a high ranked restaurant (over 150dollars) than she can think "I have some chances here"

I know, it is special but it's my way to do it.

0|1
    1|0
  • Would rather do something free like go to the park but I'll take her out to somewhere nice if she really wants that

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably not a lot. I don't know this woman very well that I'd be on a date with. If she turns out to not be who I thought she would be (not a good match), then I don't want to waste my money on such a person. I'd rather use money for someone that I find special and that is a good match.

0|1
    0|0
  • You spend whatever you want, remember that you want a good evening out too. The money doesn't matter, if you have a good time then she'll have a good time too.
    Make a good impression, she may end up to be the live of your life and therefore deserves to be treated correctly

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t mind paying for everything, though, it might be more modern to split all the payments equally. I’d say, over $150 would be the option I’d choose only because I don’t have a specific cap.

0|1
    0|0
  • How much would you spend on a first date?

3|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes