Should you tell a girl you're excited for a first date?

I am going on a date tonight, and I texted her good morning and said I was excited about the date (she's brought up the date multiple times over text). I met her on a dating app, so I haven't met her in person yet. I have been on a few dates over the last couple months and multiple girls have told me they are excited for a first date and I personally liked it. I just don't want to come across as too clingy or anything. I figured it's a good thing to let the person know you're excited to meet them.

Thoughts? It seems like people have very different views on how to handle early dating etiquette, and I'm always nervous that I come on too strong.

1414

Most Helpful Girls

• Being honest is always a great way to go :) I'm sure she really appreciated hearing that you were excited.

• I always try to be honest, I hate it when people play games/hard to get. For me, I just want to know if someone is actually interested. And if they are purposefully taking forever to respond/playing hard to get, it just makes me feel like they aren’t excited to talk to me.

• That can be the case sometimes for sure. But if you're honest and not playing games up front you are more likely to recognize if someone is uninterested. There aren't enough honest people in the world who can accurately express their feelings so if you're one of those people, keep it up! :)

• Yes, you should! You can be excited for a date without coming off as clingy, desperate, or weird.

Heck, I think it's cute and sweet when a guy tells me how much he's looking forward to going out or spending time with me. It shows you're interested in a girl.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think its ok, but tepmer it a little. Don't seem too desperate or invested too early

• Oh I agree, I’m less worried about coming across as desperate, I’m worried about getting too invested for my own sake, in case it doesn’t go well. I have a tendency to romanticize a person and think that everything is going to be perfect. It kind of stresses me out, so I’ve been really trying to do that less

• Same as me. I usually get carried away and assume big things will happen, usually with encouragement from them that we're wanting/ thinking the same thing until they get cold feet

• Depends on the age.

Teen=yes Young love. Both sexes are new and inexperienced and equally excited

20-30's=no this is the age where they are looking for that confident man. A confident man is never defined as "excited." Excited kinda equals desperate and inexperienced and not ego. It might be ok but better to play it safe

40up=yes This is when they miss guys feeling excited about them

Just tell her you are looking forward to it