Should you tell a girl you're excited for a first date?

I am going on a date tonight, and I texted her good morning and said I was excited about the date (she's brought up the date multiple times over text). I met her on a dating app, so I haven't met her in person yet. I have been on a few dates over the last couple months and multiple girls have told me they are excited for a first date and I personally liked it. I just don't want to come across as too clingy or anything. I figured it's a good thing to let the person know you're excited to meet them.

Thoughts? It seems like people have very different views on how to handle early dating etiquette, and I'm always nervous that I come on too strong.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Being honest is always a great way to go :) I'm sure she really appreciated hearing that you were excited.

1|1
    0|0
    • I always try to be honest, I hate it when people play games/hard to get. For me, I just want to know if someone is actually interested. And if they are purposefully taking forever to respond/playing hard to get, it just makes me feel like they aren’t excited to talk to me.

• That can be the case sometimes for sure. But if you're honest and not playing games up front you are more likely to recognize if someone is uninterested. There aren't enough honest people in the world who can accurately express their feelings so if you're one of those people, keep it up! :)

• Yes, you should! You can be excited for a date without coming off as clingy, desperate, or weird.

Heck, I think it's cute and sweet when a guy tells me how much he's looking forward to going out or spending time with me. It shows you're interested in a girl.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think its ok, but tepmer it a little. Don't seem too desperate or invested too early

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh I agree, I’m less worried about coming across as desperate, I’m worried about getting too invested for my own sake, in case it doesn’t go well. I have a tendency to romanticize a person and think that everything is going to be perfect. It kind of stresses me out, so I’ve been really trying to do that less

• Same as me. I usually get carried away and assume big things will happen, usually with encouragement from them that we're wanting/ thinking the same thing until they get cold feet

• Depends on the age.

Teen=yes Young love. Both sexes are new and inexperienced and equally excited

20-30's=no this is the age where they are looking for that confident man. A confident man is never defined as "excited." Excited kinda equals desperate and inexperienced and not ego. It might be ok but better to play it safe

40up=yes This is when they miss guys feeling excited about them

Just tell her you are looking forward to it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I met someone yesterday, we went for coffee and he told me he was really excited to meet me and so did I. It feels nice :)

0|3
    0|0
  • I think it depends on her interest in you. If I were someone I’ve been crushing on for a while and want to get to know them then I’ll be excited too but if it’s someone who I’m not really interested in and I’m just dating them to see how it goes, I may not be so excited and then it will be a little awkward when you say you’re excited. I normally reject those who I have no interest in so if I were to go on date then I’ll likely be excited.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s totally fine to say what you feel! Especially if it’ll make someone happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t see it being wrong by saying you are excited... do as you feel like is right, don’t mind others.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like it would be awkward but maybe that’s just me

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so excited
    And I just can't hide it
    I'm about to lose control
    and I think I like it
    Oh yeah!

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you should.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever you feel confident doing

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah why not

0|0
    0|0
  • yess

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 12

• You came off as clingy as soon as you texted her in the morning when you knew you would meet her later on.

0|1
    0|1
    • No he didn't, girls like it when a guy mentions the date the morning of. This usually means he's not going to chicken out

• Sure why not. It shows you are excited to see her and that you want to be there. I get it's not manly to show your feelings but I think woman appreciate it when a guy is open enough with them to show how they really feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't make it sound dorky, but telling her that you are looking forward to spending time with her will make her feel better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I would love to hear that from someone if they were about to go on a date

0|1
    0|0
  • No dont listen to girls

The girl you're going on a date with might think you're desperate

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, always be honest with the person you like

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It would be a good idea.

0|0
    0|0