Are all the good guys/ girls already taken?

My mom has told me to find the right person in my early 20s because after a certain age, good guys are gone.

943

Most Helpful Guys

• I think we need to distinguish "good guy" vs "the right guy". I'll agree with your mom in the sense that the "good guy" is taken early, but meeting the right guy happens on its own timing. The right guy wasn't always the right guy for you his whole life. He had to develop into that person via life experiences. And the same is true of becoming the right person for him. At some point in this chaotic world, you two meet each other at the right time being the right people that you each needed to be for each other. That's what I think of when people talk about finding "the right one" anyways. A good guy or girl is just someone stable and reliable that you can make it work with. It's not super exciting but its not terrible either.

• If you want a quality guy, you yourself need to be quality too. So ask yourself how much work are you willing to put into yourself to attract what you want. Because the best guys aren't born knowing how to attract. They go through thousands of rejections until they learn confidence and how to become a selector. They won't settle for average girls. If you want to be one of the ones they choose you will need to up your game.

• High quality girls don't settle for average guys either.

• Or maybe they are not the guys I want. The high qualities guys I've met are already in happy relationships.

• So settle for average ones then if you're so convinced they're all gone. But if you become a quality girl, these men will show up and give you attention when you are convinced they aren't there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not true at all take your time and wait until you honestly feel you've found Mr. Right not Mr. Rightnow. I thought the same thing and got into serious relationships and even married feeling like I had to just pick and make it work.