Why do men feel they need to protect their girl?

Why do some guys get jealous if a girl hugs or talks another guy? Why do they get mad if a guy comments on her body? I’ve always been curious like she’s yours but you act like she isn’t. Also, how do men feel knowing that they are the only ones who’s slept with them?

0|4

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't get mad if she hugs/talks to another guy or if a guy comments at her body or beauty. I'm not possessive. I woman is not an object or possession. She is my equal, my best friend, partner, my counterpart both physically and emotionally, and my lover.

There is nothing wrong however with a guy being protective of the woman he loves. Good guys throughout time have been this way. Its natural and the order in which human's should act toward one another. Only in the last 20 years or so has it become increasingly wrong somehow to have a man protect his woman or open the door for her due to twisted ideas, women's lib, and people who try to destroy natural and traditional gender specific roles.

2|0
    0|0
  • Protect isn't what you are describing. Protect is to keep you safe from danger and to get between you and something that would hurt you.

A guy not liking his girl getting touchy, feely with other guys is just a boundary issue within a relationship. People have to respect each others boundaries with the opposite sex or they've got to get with partners that have the same type of boundaries.

That has nothing to do with "protect".

5|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Something that likely gives them some kind of genuine purpose to show affection/care for you as well, another considerate and admirable action. Even the purpose of feeling to be needed as well, (which is not bad). Some may respect and appreciate that person to an extent they don’t want certain things to really hurt them that they feel could be worrisome. He likely tries to keep you happy and probably would be concerned when you aren’t. If they feel something maybe off, sometimes they’ll sense it and kind of be like your shield/knight. This can pretty much be your parent (s), friends, and/or even your potential crush or BF/GF. I have some people i know do the same although sometimes i’m a bit shy about it, but i thank and let them know i appreciate them for stepping in themselves to be there for me, or even thinking of me. I’d likely want to try and what i can for them appropriately. : )

0|1
    0|0
    • I can understand self defense regards in protection as well, but not starting physical fights... cause guess what happens when a cop shows up? They don’t really ask who’s at fault, they’ll likely see you both at fault, who was involved, and you’ll likely be taken in.. just something to keep in mind...

• Isn't it natural to protect the things you hold dear? Its like saying why a mother or father protects their child. A man protects the woman he loves or cares for because he doesn t want someone or something to hurt them. A girl should dobthe same for her man, if I see a girl watching her man get attack by who knows what and not doing something, she is a piece of shit. Well, unless he can't, like she has a broken leg or some shit. Humans animals, etc, all protect their friends and family or mates. Men especially cause they know some dudes out there are pigs and are willing to throw hands. I've thrown hands for my male friends, cousins (I have no brothers) and such. Its human instinct. As for what you said, that sounds more like possessiveness or jealousy.

2|4
    0|0
    • SIDE NOTE: of he doesn't have these instincts, it could be he has been hurt in the past or his parents didn't raise him right. Sane goes for women. There are too many assholes in the world for you to let the ones you hold dear get hurt.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 129

• I guess we're biologically programmed for it.

12|17
    2|0
    • Bullshit. Guys should drop all this chivalry crap. Girls are complete trash just like guys are. They don't need to be treated differently.

• Show All
    • I say if anyone sleep around they a hoe and are risking std's. Would not be someone i would date.

• You trying to defend thots and distory women. Stop that you need to tell the thots to be gone.

• 1. Some, quite a lot, really, haven't figured out that just because she talks or is slightly physical (hugs, friendly kissing) with another guy doesn't mean she's chasing him and that girls need male friends, too!
    2. They're afraid the new guy is going to steal her away from him.
    3. It's not that he acts like she isn't already his, he's just trying to see to it she stays his. I was dating and/or living with a girl for 10 years. I trusted her implicitly! I don't have jealous bone in my body! She had a few male friends, just as I have a few female friends, but I was never threatened by them possibly taking her away from me. But, eventually, that's exactly what happened! One of her male FRIENDS had suddenly become her fiancé!! I didn't find out until she'd already been seeing him for at least a year!!
    3. I guess that'd be a really nice plus!! I can't speak from experience because I've never been lucky enough to have a girl that's ONLY slept with me! All 3 of them had other boyfriends and husbands before me!

0|0
    0|0
  • biologically we're built to find a mate and to protect her and our offspring so that plays a part in it. but its also things like overthinking, insecurities, etc

by the way lets reverse this question, are u okay w your man hugging or talking w another girl? most likely not lol

1|6
    2|0
  • I dont understand the question. Being protective over females, exspecially females we have a bond with, is a very deep rooted instinct.
    When some unknown guy talks with one of my close female friends, ill be like
    "WHO was that?".
    "Joe, huh? Pff, i dont like him".

1|2
    0|0
  • For trivial things like that, I dont. For real problems like she's being harassed or attacked, I definitely would. The women I interact with are grown up enough to be able to make their own choices so they can do what they like. Just if they cross the line its their decision, and I'm out.
    I'm not about to babysit a grown woman all day checking if she's being faithful, got other more fun things to do with my time.

2|1
    0|0
  • Those are values of a real Man, it is very normal for a Man to get jealous if someone tries to touch or hurt or kiss or flirt his Woman that means he really cares about her, you can notice the same reaction also if you tried to do something bad to a Man favorite thing like (Car, Bike, Guitar, etc), Actually it will consider as a problem if a guy does the opposite.

0|1
    0|0
  • For protection, it is in our blood we are the providers and the protectors, that's why femininity is soft and delicate.
    As for your description, that's Jealousy, and it is normal for both genders not to like sharing with others even if it was some friendly act as kissing someone else's cheeks or a hug.

1|1
    0|0
  • because it is in our nature, some aren't like that and would happily leave their girlfriend to it or any woman for that matter but i believe that if you can keep anyone safe from harm then you doing a good job as a person

however as far as jealousy goes that is another thing entirely and purely depends on the people involved...

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do some guys get jealous if a girl hugs or talks another guy?
    Not me (i do it too LOL)
    Why do they get mad if a guy comments on her body?
    I don't.
    Also, how do men feel knowing that they are the only ones who’s slept with them?
    Like cool i guess

Why do men feel they need to protect their girl?
    No one hurts my girl. Noone

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell every girl that you're grown and you have the right to defend yourself. After you tell somebody something and they don't oblige then I will step in and make them oblige. Unless you want otherwise. Girls and guys have met people and will meet people with, during and after being with whoever there with, and nothing can be done about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• I desire to have a man feel protective of me like this.

0|4
    0|0
  • Biologically men have it inside to protect. Women do it too. Just in a different way. The only issue comes in if they are doing it because they are being possessive. If you hug a guy friend and they get upset it's because they are not trusting you the way they should. It's ok for a guy to get upset if another guy is hitting on you knowing you are with him because its disrespectful. But if the guy doesn't know your relationship status they should trust you to handle it. It's the same with women.

2|2
    0|0
  • Yeah they do but I'm equally protective of my man if protective is the new word of jealous lol. If not even more jealous. Cuz he's ok if I hug a guy but I feel I'm walking on needles when I know he hugs girls.

0|3
    0|0
  • flip this around and ask it from the other point of view. why do women do the same or simlar things? we're all human, it's just harder to pick apart yourself because you don't want to be what you're accusing others of. it's not just this, but everything else that happens between men, women, like sexes, any activities. these things are healthy, I think, unless it goes too far. we're all human, we all act the same ways, denial is just a very easy way out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they know how other men think, some messed up thoughts in there I tell you.

1|9
    0|0
    • please someone... anyone.. elaborate? Like rape and stuff? What kind of thoughts

• @Miss_missy77 doesn't have to be rape, i meant sexually they fantasize, therefore your man will get protective and jealous which is, natural.

• I’m kind of confused what men can protect me from? The biggest physical danger to women are their intimate partner.

2|0
    1|1
  • What is that question... why do YOU get jealous if your boyfriend hugs or touches another girl?
    You think possessiveness and "protectiveness" is reserved exclusively to men?

0|2
    0|0
  • Evolutionary instincts for one, but probably much more so the social expectations of their environment they've grown up in.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your initial question is different from what you said underneath. Men that are protective are amazing.

0|3
    0|0
  • Because if he loves me he would not want to see me with other men. I'm the same. I would not want my Boyfriend to be with someone else

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes