Why do men feel they need to protect their girl?

Why do some guys get jealous if a girl hugs or talks another guy? Why do they get mad if a guy comments on her body? I’ve always been curious like she’s yours but you act like she isn’t. Also, how do men feel knowing that they are the only ones who’s slept with them?

32132

Most Helpful Guys

• Protect isn't what you are describing. Protect is to keep you safe from danger and to get between you and something that would hurt you.

A guy not liking his girl getting touchy, feely with other guys is just a boundary issue within a relationship. People have to respect each others boundaries with the opposite sex or they've got to get with partners that have the same type of boundaries.

That has nothing to do with "protect".

• I don't get mad if she hugs/talks to another guy or if a guy comments at her body or beauty. I'm not possessive. I woman is not an object or possession. She is my equal, my best friend, partner, my counterpart both physically and emotionally, and my lover.

There is nothing wrong however with a guy being protective of the woman he loves. Good guys throughout time have been this way. Its natural and the order in which human's should act toward one another. Only in the last 20 years or so has it become increasingly wrong somehow to have a man protect his woman or open the door for her due to twisted ideas, women's lib, and people who try to destroy natural and traditional gender specific roles.

Most Helpful Girls

• Isn't it natural to protect the things you hold dear? Its like saying why a mother or father protects their child. A man protects the woman he loves or cares for because he doesn t want someone or something to hurt them. A girl should dobthe same for her man, if I see a girl watching her man get attack by who knows what and not doing something, she is a piece of shit. Well, unless he can't, like she has a broken leg or some shit. Humans animals, etc, all protect their friends and family or mates. Men especially cause they know some dudes out there are pigs and are willing to throw hands. I've thrown hands for my male friends, cousins (I have no brothers) and such. Its human instinct. As for what you said, that sounds more like possessiveness or jealousy.

• SIDE NOTE: of he doesn't have these instincts, it could be he has been hurt in the past or his parents didn't raise him right. Sane goes for women. There are too many assholes in the world for you to let the ones you hold dear get hurt.

• Something that likely gives them some kind of genuine purpose to show affection/care for you as well, another considerate and admirable action. Even the purpose of feeling to be needed as well, (which is not bad). Some may respect and appreciate that person to an extent they don’t want certain things to really hurt them that they feel could be worrisome. He likely tries to keep you happy and probably would be concerned when you aren’t. If they feel something maybe off, sometimes they’ll sense it and kind of be like your shield/knight. This can pretty much be your parent (s), friends, and/or even your potential crush or BF/GF. I have some people i know do the same although sometimes i’m a bit shy about it, but i thank and let them know i appreciate them for stepping in themselves to be there for me, or even thinking of me. I’d likely want to try and what i can for them appropriately. : )

• I can understand self defense regards in protection as well, but not starting physical fights... cause guess what happens when a cop shows up? They don’t really ask who’s at fault, they’ll likely see you both at fault, who was involved, and you’ll likely be taken in.. just something to keep in mind...