Does political views or political parties influence who you date?

Does political views or political parties influence who you date?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Nope, this has nothing to do with love and love is more powerful tha everything else miss owl girl 🙂

3|1
    1|1
  • Yes, because I want to date a feminine woman who embraces being a woman and not ruin our counties values.

Also, Republican women are scienficially hotter than Democrat women.

3|10
    4|3
    • Show All
    • I have to say as a European. Americans can impress us always in a really really really really really special way. But I think this kind of comments show why Trump got president.

Just impressed...

• Because they adore your sexism huh lol. You must be a very weak man to love weak women

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. I live in a country filled with corruption and I wouldn't date anyone who supported a corrupted party. Other than that, I'm good.

2|1
    0|1
  • No, just as long as they aren’t closed minded and don’t mind respecting another’s viewpoint.

3|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 281

• Her's don't have to match mine exactly or anything, but they also can't be diametrically opposed either.

1|3
    0|0
  • The ONLY dealbreaker politically I have is if a woman is pro choice. Abortion is one of those things where I’m unmoving on and can’t see myself changing my belief on it. I’ll listen to all viewpoints from opposing sides but I haven’t been convinced or swayed yet.

2|0
    1|0
  • Andrew Breitbart is quoted as saying "politics is downstream from culture"; while you might not agree with Breitbart's assessment, it is fairly accurate. Culture is the zeitgeist of the times, the direction of trends and opinions amongst the greater population, and politics is the process of making decisions, based on that culture, that apply to groups within that population.

Therefore, when people ask if you'd date someone of a different political viewpoint, what they're really asking is you can live in a domicile with someone who has a different-enough opinion to you that there is generally more argument than agreement. As much as we'd like to scoff at the idea and proclaim "politics, who needs it", now more than ever--politics are everywhere and in everything. It is effectively inescapable. As such, if you are in a relationship where you can't agree on fundamental positions and core beliefs, then no amount of stalemates and moments of "let's agree to disagree" will help you.

That's not to say that relationship cannot function when two people have very different viewpoints, but there needs to be SOME overlap in your values or you will argue over anything and everything. As Abraham Lincoln once so-succinctly stated, "a house divided against itself cannot stand".

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. In fact I prefer it. I enjoy having conversations with people from different walks of life so long as civility is maintained.

I'm a classical liberal, so I'm conservative in a lot of ways. I would love to hear some viewpoints from someone who is completely liberal.

However if I see a future with them we're going to need to come to a political consensus. We'll need mutually shared values to raise our kids under.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really doesn't matter so long as her ideals and my ideals are similar. I agree with certain principles from all parties but tend to mostly favor liberal, and most of the girls I find myself interested in are naturally that way too.

However if you're of of those people who generalize and tell me I can't think liberal, have a heart, and also be a dominant male, I'm going to roll my eyes at you and walk away. It isn't even worth debating.

0|0
    0|0
  • No; but within reason. If the girl I am dating is politically motivated by an extreme view we don't have a future. She also needs to be prepared for dialogue, not a diatribe if our views differ because I am not going to go along with whatever she says. That goes the other way too; dont agree with me unless you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no , Each to there own option on the matter I will not turn away anyone that have different views then me , in that note If they are like me in the same matter then we can get along , but if there like a gay person always trying to make people see there own point of view and pushing it down your mouth then. She's not the one for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yes and no.
    I'm not so political, but political views often tie in with morals and world view paradigms so if yours is vastly different from mine or even contrary to it, then it's going to be hard for me to relate to you on a personal level. And in extreme cases it might even be a complete turn off.

That said, if you're talking purely who you vote for and what party you think has the best policies? Well I really don't care. I personally don't think it changes much whichever way you vote or whichever party you support.
    Its a plus if you have a well thought out opinion and can defend your view with logic. Then even if we differ in opinion its still a turn on as long as your views aren't crazy extreme (like a well argued stance on white supremacy or sharia law is still going to put me off ^^).
    Otherwise I don't touch much on politics so it's fine if the girl doesn't either or doesn't have well formulated or well informed opinions on current events / politics (as long as she's still aware that she's not well informed).

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely. My political views are directly related to my core values. I want a potential life long mate to have the same set of values. Thats vital if you want to avoid totally screwing up your kids by pulling them in two opposite directions their entire life

1|3
    0|0
  • Im not sure that I can date a liberal or she after leaving my own liberal sjw ways. I just can’t stand the blindness and ignorance and warped perspective on everything.

Maybe if she’s smart and is open to alternate perspectives, but if not, well I just don’t think it’s gonna work out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 72

• No not really but it might cause some disagreements. Could probably handle that. Lol

0|2
    0|0
  • For me it depends. If it’s a trump supporter honestly, then no. I believe values are important. I wouldn’t mind if he were a republican that opposes trump though, as long as he’s not racist, sexist, or homophobic

2|1
    0|3
    • I support Trump, but I am far from any of those things you called off. Well sexist if you want to call me that. I have been called that before for refusing to hit a girl and holding a door open for her. One of my best friends is African American, so I'm obviously not racist. Oh and I'm bisexual, so I'm pretty sure I'm not homophobic. Any other nasty names you want to call out for Trump supporters?

• Show All
    • I couldn’t even vote in 2014, I was very underaged; also I didn’t support that either so try again honey 🤷🏼‍♀️ you tried it

• I think I would not be drawn to people have different values from me in the first place. For me, it's ok for them to prefer different parties but it would be difficult to be with someone with very different values. We don't have to agree on everything but it is very important to me that we value the similar things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly a lot... you will notice most republicans don't try to push their beliefs all day, but the democratic friend I have always does, obviously this is only my experience so 2 people is not a large sample size.

2|4
    2|0
    • I grew up and lived in a red county from 1978 - 2012. If I had a nickel for every Republican who buttonholed me to push. their views, I'd be a very rich woman.

My guess is there is probably about the same amount of zealotry and extremism on both sides.

I am not a democrat or a republican.

• Show All
    • Oh, really? Interesting. I wouldn't know, I guess, because I've never been there before.

• by the way, holy shit you have a lot of followers.

• To a certain extent, yes. Mostly because politics are supposed to represent your values. But I generally let people show me who they are as a person, rather than rejecting them outright for not being in the same party as me. I'm a member of a very small party - I don't expect to meet many people in my party.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I feel like I could never date anyone who voted remain without a really good reason or was extremely left wing

0|6
    0|0
  • Not normally. I didn’t vote for Trump, but I wouldn’t not date a guy who did vote for him. The only political deal breaker for me is the “if you voted for this person, don’t talk to me” crap or if we were so far off on politics that it posed a compatibility issue.

Not that it’s relevant, I voted third party because Trump and Hillary both sucked in my opinion lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda am currently having iusses with right wing people so If ny date turner out to be right wing then i probbly get emotional very quickly and end up shouting "you sexest , raciest, male chauvinistic pig" and walk out.

0|0
    0|1
    • Autistic screeching! Reeeeeeeeeeeee!

• 6d

Not all right wing people are that maybe if you are talking about the alt right not regular right wing are not

• 5d

@CLoRX_bLeAcH i live with Autism and your atempt og insulting me is just comfirming my belive.

@Ride TheRedWave in my experence it is quite that, politcs and being right or left only mattrs when voteting however they are all nasty and acuse people of being an SJW but are doing all the same shit as these so called SJW same BFs same drama and same nasty behavour

• Yes. If it's just a difference in semantics then I don't care, but if there's a real moral difference, then there's a possibility that it could cause some issues.

0|1
    0|0
  • They totally do. It would have just been easier to date someone Democrat cuz all my family are. But thank god I got to know someone first and we matched on everything else. So I say be open to the possibilities of the world around you. My boyfriend is Republican and it bugs me, deeply, but if I let that come between us then I would never have met the most beautiful man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes