Is online dating any good?

Do lasting relationships ever really come out of it?
Tinder seems just for hook ups
Or is most online dating just hook ups?

842

Most Helpful Guys

• Tinder is a straight-up casual sex site and doesn't even try much to pretend otherwise.

If you are looking for a relationship, the best sites are those that are paid, as that filters out a lot of the guys just looking for sex (but not all).

Whatever you do, make sure you only date LOCAL guys who you can actually spend time with in person. People are way too eager to accept long distance - but that is almost always a huge waste of time in the long run.

• I never bothered with it but all the people I knew who did looking for something serious only got frustrated with only one exception where one of my acquaintances met his wife through online dating. Yet he's a very odd person: a technical writer, member of Mensa, and no ability whatsoever to do small talk. He find an equally odd sort of wife who is a neuroscientist.

• He [/found] an equally odd sort of wife who is a neuroscientist.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be good. It worked out for some of my friends, as in they actually found decent people and ended up having good relationships. As for myself, I've been less fortunate. For a year, I've talked to multiple weird people. I had some nice conversations along the way but nothing has really stuck... until now

I've been talking to a really nice guy but he's in another country... We've been talking for months now and we've video called. I don't know if it would really work out but I enjoy having him to talk to.