Is online dating any good?

Do lasting relationships ever really come out of it?
Tinder seems just for hook ups
Or is most online dating just hook ups?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Tinder is a straight-up casual sex site and doesn't even try much to pretend otherwise.

If you are looking for a relationship, the best sites are those that are paid, as that filters out a lot of the guys just looking for sex (but not all).

Whatever you do, make sure you only date LOCAL guys who you can actually spend time with in person. People are way too eager to accept long distance - but that is almost always a huge waste of time in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never bothered with it but all the people I knew who did looking for something serious only got frustrated with only one exception where one of my acquaintances met his wife through online dating. Yet he's a very odd person: a technical writer, member of Mensa, and no ability whatsoever to do small talk. He find an equally odd sort of wife who is a neuroscientist.

1|0
    0|0
    • He [/found] an equally odd sort of wife who is a neuroscientist.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be good. It worked out for some of my friends, as in they actually found decent people and ended up having good relationships. As for myself, I've been less fortunate. For a year, I've talked to multiple weird people. I had some nice conversations along the way but nothing has really stuck... until now

I've been talking to a really nice guy but he's in another country... We've been talking for months now and we've video called. I don't know if it would really work out but I enjoy having him to talk to.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• It is good and bad.

The Good: You can meet lots of compatible people whom you would never meet in the normal course of your everyday life.

The Bad: You can meet lots of shady, manipulative people whom you would never meet in the normal course of your everyday life.

2|1
    0|0
  • I have had my longest lasting relationship come from tinder but it was a one in a million shot because matches were so hard to come by for me and I could not tell if I was doing anything wrong or there were to many idiots who say that they are only on there for my dog and I grew up with a cat :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But you have to use the right site. There are many that are excellent.

One way to tell is that no good site for relationships is free. Either you or your match would have to pay to make contact.

There are some pay sites that are not good, but all good sites are pay sites.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not all that great at all. Too much competition for men, resulting in too little swipes and it just makes you feel depressed.

For women it's the opposite, almost every person they swipe right will match which leaves them with a billion different options and hundreds of guys asking for a shag. If the women isn't all that great looking however, they will end up like the guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually I met my now wife through here, we lived in different countries, hell even different continents, but we still managed to get it through and now we are gonna live together in my country for 3 months. But yeah as long as you both take it seriously it can last forever

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. I met a few good women online, dated a few and had a long-term relationship with one. I met dozens of assholes and read thousands of profiles written by human garbage. You do the math.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the app. Men that want relationships like me will not be on Tinder. I am currently dating a guy now. However, when I wasn't, I used Match. com.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure its different for everyone. Seems like it would be easier at 20 I'm sure. I'm not the very best looker but I'm above average. I've only had one date in 6 months.50-100 scammers easy. But I haven't given up

0|0
    0|0
  • It works, but you need the time to find someone whos worth dating, and the balls to actually meet a stranger.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a waste of time.

Tbh I think you have a better chance joining a live speed dating session. Cause then you actually meet people and can make a first impression.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• It's possible, but I believe it is rarer than people think. Unless you use a really good site, probably where you have to pay and there aren't as many people who are just looking for a quickie then it's better to try and find someone in real life. You just have to go places and meet new people constantly.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my 24h tinder experience you can definitely meet someone decent, but you will walk into lot of people who use this as a hook up app until they bump into someone where they wish for more
    I would say try it out for yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • its weird imagine having a kid and he asks you where mommy and daddy met

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the person for me it doesn't work out it is a waste of time for me. I just let it come naturally nobody is worth my stress.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never actually had a date from it just nasty comments and weird chats

0|0
    0|0
  • No good - personal experience

0|0
    0|0
  • no most people on there trying to hookups, and most men on there are crazy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes