How long would it take you to give up on a new relationship if you haven't heard from them?

ImI in a new relationship. We're exclusive even though we haven't had sex yet. It's been over a month. I haven't heard from her in a week. I know she's busy and has phone problems but that was only inconvenient til now. We also agreed not to ghost each other. Am I over reacting or is this a red flag?
So I activated an old phone and went to surprise her with it. She was super happy & we spent the day together. Her uncle is on his death bed and she's extremely close to her family but I still feel like those aren't reasons to ghost me. She's supposed to be staying the night tonight & she seems more into me than ever. I feel like I shouldn't have to question it. Am I wrong. Dating is work but I feel like she's not working as hard as I am. Should I get out now or see what happens next?
I didn't give up on her or move on. She loves her know phone & that I cared enough to make sure we could talk. I thought showing up unannounced could look crazy but she thought it was romantic. We've talked or seen each other every day since. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but I feel like in a new relationship it can cause you to drift & go back to the way you were living before. I'm still not sure if she trusts me or why we're taking it so slow but I'm not in a rush She's worth it

2824

Most Helpful Girls

• She's having phone trouble, so I wouldn't jump to assumptions just yet.

If she behaves the same way when her phone is fixed or after she buys a new one, then I'd look on it as a red flag and give up on the relationship

• She tried to reach me Saturday to chill so that's on me. When I saw her yesterday I was just happy to be with her, not angry at all. Something is telling me not to give up

• I got her a phone yesterday so we just have to wait and see what happens next.

• I have just read your update. Due to her circumstances, i would just accept she won't be able to give you her full attention just now. I really don't think her intention to ghost you.

• Especially in a relationship in such an early stage, no contact for a week is a HUGE red flag since during this time you should still be infatuated with each other. Keep in mind that you never actually “have time”, you make it, and you make it for the things important to you — in this early stage showing commitment & communicating interest should be a major priority, so if she’s not making any time to even talk to you I think she probably just isn’t that interested in a relationship or you for whatever reason

• But she talks like I'm all she wants. That's what's driving me crazy. She's far from easy so I don't think she's with someone else. If I had to guess I'd say she doesn't trust me & she's testing me to see if I'll leave her after we have sex

• @ILikeRamenNoodles I'm not in love with her. I could see it working if she doesn't do this again. It would be easy to just say fuck it. If she was basic that would work but she's girlfriend material

• Must be the whiskey.

Most Helpful Guys

• I am a psychologist and I would like to offer you a piece of advice. When a couple is willing to be exclusive and they like eachother then they find ways to communicate. We got 24 to one whole day. There is always time to drop in and to say hi. Look we all have phone and to say we got phone issues is false. We always find ways to fix the phone issues. there's also tablets and computer. How many times do we all to to the bathroom with our phones? How many of us sleep with our phones? How many of us take our phones with us and cannot be without it for an hour? You already know the answer to your question
    You dont need validation. You know what's important right now is YOU. I know it can be difficult for you to hear this but do what is best for you. Also there is nothing wrong on being single. Live life to the fullest stop looking. Stop wasting time on someone that dont put effort. When you stop looking. Trust me that special someone will come to you. I say this tons a times to all my clients and they alway come back and say you are right. It's ok to make mistakes just as long as you learn from them. You can do better and you can only be you. I hope this helps. Good luck.

• I would certainly be concerned. Have you tried calling her, texting her, and emailing her?

• REPLY TO UPDATE: Relationships can't always be 50/50. If she is close to her family and her uncle is near death, cut her some slack and be patient. If she is a good woman, your patience will be rewarded.

• I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I don't have a reason not to trust her & I don't let my past relationships effect my behavior in my current one.
      If she wasn't a good one I never would have made a commitment to her. In this day and age a week with no contact is suspicious regardless & I was naturally concerned for her & honestly thought she might want support. We started this relationship based on the premise that we would share our lives on every level. Therefore if something is happening to her it's happening to us. I've offered & given her unconditional support. I just need to be sure that I'm not going all in & she's not. Relationships are always 5050 but sometimes one of you has to sacrifice and carry the entire hundred. I'll do that when it's called for knowing she would do the same. I was just trying to be sure my loyalty in the right place this time

• "We started this relationship based on the premise that we would share our lives on every level." Maybe you should have taken some time to get to know each other before you made that kind of commitment.