How Long Should You Wait to Move In Or Let Someone Move in?

Do you wait until marriage? After a few years? Months?

1212

Most Helpful Girls

• At least 1 year of dating. I wouldn't wait until marriage. I wouldn't even marry someone without living together for a while.

• After engagement, and also your family and friends know him well and for a while
    That way you can have a vision of how your marriage will be and your union will weld together.
    Also don’t let a stranger come in your life and home so soon.
    Women often do that out of love, to later find out. “They used to be sweet, passionate and respectful but later find living with them closely realize they are total nuts, possessive, pathological, or even may bring an addiction to your home, hurt you physically or you well being. Be smart. Stay safe. Love yourself first, share your love with someone who deserves it.

Most Helpful Guys

• Going to add an unpopular opinion here. Don't move in together without a ring on the finger.

People who live together before they get married are over 50% more likely to get divorced. This is for a simple psychological reason. They are in a relationship that resembles marriage, but they leave a back door so that they can get out if they ever decide it is too hard. Once they get married, that back door is never removed because the circumstances are so similar in the day-to-day life. Once an inevitable crisis hits, their first thought is that back door that they still have.

However, if they never live together beforehand that pattern has never been created. It goes against conventional wisdom, but the studies are clear. If you want to reduce your chances of divorce, don't live together.

• Timelines on if you should move in with someone or even say you love someone shouldn't exist. Im 20 years old but I believe when you build trust it comes from communication and getting to really know someone. Not because you've known them for two years or 2 months. It depends on how much you talk to that person. You can speak to a person like 7 hours a day for a month and know them better then someone who knows them for years. So it depends on how well you know them and trust them. Not a time frame.