How Long Should You Wait to Move In Or Let Someone Move in?

Do you wait until marriage? After a few years? Months?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• At least 1 year of dating. I wouldn't wait until marriage. I wouldn't even marry someone without living together for a while.

2|0
    0|0
  • After engagement, and also your family and friends know him well and for a while
    That way you can have a vision of how your marriage will be and your union will weld together.
    Also don’t let a stranger come in your life and home so soon.
    Women often do that out of love, to later find out. “They used to be sweet, passionate and respectful but later find living with them closely realize they are total nuts, possessive, pathological, or even may bring an addiction to your home, hurt you physically or you well being. Be smart. Stay safe. Love yourself first, share your love with someone who deserves it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Going to add an unpopular opinion here. Don't move in together without a ring on the finger.

People who live together before they get married are over 50% more likely to get divorced. This is for a simple psychological reason. They are in a relationship that resembles marriage, but they leave a back door so that they can get out if they ever decide it is too hard. Once they get married, that back door is never removed because the circumstances are so similar in the day-to-day life. Once an inevitable crisis hits, their first thought is that back door that they still have.

However, if they never live together beforehand that pattern has never been created. It goes against conventional wisdom, but the studies are clear. If you want to reduce your chances of divorce, don't live together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Timelines on if you should move in with someone or even say you love someone shouldn't exist. Im 20 years old but I believe when you build trust it comes from communication and getting to really know someone. Not because you've known them for two years or 2 months. It depends on how much you talk to that person. You can speak to a person like 7 hours a day for a month and know them better then someone who knows them for years. So it depends on how well you know them and trust them. Not a time frame.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I would say when the both of you are serious and have plans towards marriage. Staying together is a great way to get to know each other in a deeper level.

0|0
    0|0
  • For my opinion I prefer to wait until marriage but, you should ask your partner and see if they feel comfortable about it but I still think it's better if your married. Also if your not moving in until marriage then wait at least 2-3 years.

0|0
    0|0
    • But coexisting together can help a relationship grow deeper. I've known people who moved in together, and it makes or breaks the relationship. No need to be uptight about it. What if he's got some super weird habit he totally thinks it's normal, like he's super OCD, or violently screams while sleep walking. You just never know

• @williamnot I guess that. Is true but still wait at least a few months

• I honestly don't know. I waited until he was comfortable with the fact that I was pregnant and not gonna run. That was like 2 months.

But I'm not the shining star of morality.

0|0
    0|0
  • After you have been dating seriously for at least a few months, but I would do it before marriage. It's importsant to see how you can live together before you tie the knot

0|0
    1|0
  • 6 months/1 year. But I would only be with someone I love, so it would take a while before I even decide to be with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • After a year or two of dating I’d be willing to move in together. Always before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think that makes you look like you have trust issues? You love them enough to move in but won't marry because you don't trust them?

• Show All
    • I trust my boyfriend very well to treat me right. And I have every single intention of marrying him. However, we are both young and have time to test living together first. It’s what we both want and that’s all that matters.

• Whenever you feel it's time. My boyfriend and I moved in together about a year and a half after we started seeing each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it feels right for both

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I’d say a year +

0|0
    0|0
  • Until you are 18 and have a job. Duh.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Usually a few months/when one of our leases ends. If we are spending almost everyday together and are sleeping at each others place almost every night it doesn't make sense to spend rent on two different places.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude after my last relationship I would say NEVER cause these hoes ain't mothafucking loyal just saying u might have the next Michelle Obama I don't know but for me fuck a bitch she only good for one thing and that's it kick rocks bitch I got my nut

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex moved into my place after 2 weeks. Definitely best to wait longer than that xD

It only happened because she was kicked out of her place and I couldn't leave her with nowhere to go, otherwise I'd have prefered to wait a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait until after marriage you want to not know how that person acts behind closed doors before being stuck with them for life. If say about 3 years. It varies depending on the person though

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditionally you are supposed to wait till marriage. That includes sex. Anything before that is really at the couples discression

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually not waiting for anything or anyone, I'll just let things naturally come.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least a year

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. The legal and financial risk is too great.

0|0
    1|1
  • I woould wait until marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • probably a few years at the earliest

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes