Is it possible to fall in love for someone you never met but talk only online?

717

Most Helpful Guys

• To what end? nif you never meet the person then what is the point of talking and falling in love? Relocation is difficult and and uncertain when you haven't lived with your partner in person. I was dating a girl for 2 years before we moved in together and found out a lot of things I didn't know about her, and we dated for 2 years prior that in person!

• to quote the movie (Ready player one) "She could be a 300lb dude". In short it's possible to find a connection with someone (if that's "love" to you fine) But keep in mind you could talk to a person for over a year only to find out every thing they told to you was one carefully crafted lie for their entertainment.

• You r so right. Yes this is so devastating

• This why i take anything online with a grain of salt till i meet them in person. I assume anymore it's all an act.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but weird. You might as well date a robot if it's that easy to fall in love through cyber space. I'm just not into online dating. To me, it's a sign of weak and pathetic love. There's gotta be some kind of human to human and face to face communication. I'm not judging others for it though. Good for them if they do find the love of their life from it.

• You speak from a place of inexperience. Not saying what you said is 1000% wrong. But it’s snarky and disrespectful to people when you call it pathetic. My relationship last nearly 20 years. One your shorter that you live time.

• We just got married. I didn't fall in love with someone I couldn't see, hear, etc. I did remove her from a sociopath ex who was still abusing her (I paid for her to drop everything and get on a bus to come to me). Cops were useless... my fists were not.