Is it time to give up on dating?

Is it time to give up on dating?

The Modern dating scene is ridiculous. People no longer date, not really. They just 'hook up' for months on end until maybe, finally, becoming exclusive. I mean I'm sure sex is great and it's normal and healthy to have sex. However I don't think intimacy, love and relationships need to the pay the price for that. We live in a promiscuous society now. Everyone is just sleeping with everyone. Once again, they can do what they want. I'll reserve judgement. However this has just changed the way people view relationships. Young people just want lots of sex, with many different people, rather than want a lasting, meaningful relationship. This is sad to me because sex is a part of relationships also, people don't need to block out love and relationships for sex. It makes no sense to me.

As a guy, I can see that girls (not all but a lot) don't want relationships and just want sex. Yeah, some guys do too but not me. So I guess this kinda sucks. Girls can do what they want. It's good for everyone to be in charge of their life and live it the way they want to. I support this entirely. If most girls don't want relationships and just want sex that is fine by me. I don't wanna be an asshole and judge them, not anymore.

It's just that it sucks for me. I get the short end of the stick. I'm sure some guys are in the same position as me and maybe some girls, I'm not sure about the girls though. Anyways, do you have advice on what I should do? Should I just give up on dating and girls in general and just seek sex? Should I just want girls for sex and nothing more? Will that make me happy?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

89

Most Helpful Girl

• Got a therapist yet? Seriously, you're 18. It's not like you're all washed up, and from seeing your other questions, you've said you didn't have experience and just heard from others these kinds of things. You kinda have to experience these things yourself, and if you want to date, then stop saying the majority of women are sex-crazed, do some self-improvement, get yourself out there, and date.

• I mean I guess so. Yeah I have most of these opinions from other people tell me. I guess I am weak minded.

Aren't the majority of women sex-crazed though? They like sex, right? I don't see this as offensive to girls but maybe it is.

• Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

• Sure, girls do like sex, but we're not all sex-crazed animals y'know. I've seen posts of yours saying that women are the reason dating is dying because we all want nothing but one night stands... If you have that outlook and tell it to a girl, chances are they won't take nicely to it or you.

Really, stop believing everything people tell you. Get some experience and form your own opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro if you want a real relationship and actually find that girl then you go against the odds of society nowadays and you do it. Giving up on anything is just way to easy, the right thing to do is always hard. I can relate to you about this and i wonder sometimes if its worth even trying but i know that one day if you try every day and you give it what you got then you're probably gonna find her