Is it time to give up on dating?

Is it time to give up on dating?

The Modern dating scene is ridiculous. People no longer date, not really. They just 'hook up' for months on end until maybe, finally, becoming exclusive. I mean I'm sure sex is great and it's normal and healthy to have sex. However I don't think intimacy, love and relationships need to the pay the price for that. We live in a promiscuous society now. Everyone is just sleeping with everyone. Once again, they can do what they want. I'll reserve judgement. However this has just changed the way people view relationships. Young people just want lots of sex, with many different people, rather than want a lasting, meaningful relationship. This is sad to me because sex is a part of relationships also, people don't need to block out love and relationships for sex. It makes no sense to me.

As a guy, I can see that girls (not all but a lot) don't want relationships and just want sex. Yeah, some guys do too but not me. So I guess this kinda sucks. Girls can do what they want. It's good for everyone to be in charge of their life and live it the way they want to. I support this entirely. If most girls don't want relationships and just want sex that is fine by me. I don't wanna be an asshole and judge them, not anymore.

It's just that it sucks for me. I get the short end of the stick. I'm sure some guys are in the same position as me and maybe some girls, I'm not sure about the girls though. Anyways, do you have advice on what I should do? Should I just give up on dating and girls in general and just seek sex? Should I just want girls for sex and nothing more? Will that make me happy?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Got a therapist yet? Seriously, you're 18. It's not like you're all washed up, and from seeing your other questions, you've said you didn't have experience and just heard from others these kinds of things. You kinda have to experience these things yourself, and if you want to date, then stop saying the majority of women are sex-crazed, do some self-improvement, get yourself out there, and date.

0|1
    0|0
    • I mean I guess so. Yeah I have most of these opinions from other people tell me. I guess I am weak minded.

Aren't the majority of women sex-crazed though? They like sex, right? I don't see this as offensive to girls but maybe it is.

• Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

• Sure, girls do like sex, but we're not all sex-crazed animals y'know. I've seen posts of yours saying that women are the reason dating is dying because we all want nothing but one night stands... If you have that outlook and tell it to a girl, chances are they won't take nicely to it or you.

Really, stop believing everything people tell you. Get some experience and form your own opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro if you want a real relationship and actually find that girl then you go against the odds of society nowadays and you do it. Giving up on anything is just way to easy, the right thing to do is always hard. I can relate to you about this and i wonder sometimes if its worth even trying but i know that one day if you try every day and you give it what you got then you're probably gonna find her

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• There are girls out there who want a real relationship. I wanted one and I found my SO who wants the real deal too.

You just gotta be open minded and brutally honest. Make it clear what you want and you won't settle for less.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the encouragement but from what I hear most young women just want sex and not relationships. I'm not sure if that's true but a lot people say this so I guess it must be true.

Anyways, thanks for the advice.

• If you haven't tried dating yet then it's too early to give up on it. You will come across a girl who wants a REAL relationship and not just sex. Of course, sex is a part of a relationship but it's not the only thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • I see that you haven't found a therapist yet. Good luck with it.

0|1
    0|1
    • Excuse me?

• Show All
    • Well they clearly aren't but you won't believe anyone saying this since it hasn't a place in your own small world.
      Anyway, good luck to you buddy. I'm out.

• They are though. People don't really date anymore.

• Just give up

1|1
    0|0
    • Any advice on what I should do? Should I just go for sex and forget about relationships and stuff.

• Show All
    • How can I ignore sex and relationships though? They are a big part of life and obviously I wanna be sexually active. Girls can also bring great happiness to a guys life so obviously I want that, you know?

How do I just "stop" thinking about those things? I have a sex-drive too!

• What exactly do you want? Go find a fuck buddy. Then when you’re ready for a real relationship then it’ll come

• Have even asked a girl out?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not really no but from what I hear girls don't want relationships.

• Stop with the from what i hear shit, you haven't eveb experienced dating but you act as if others experiences are the same for you. It may not be.

• So take a break for a while and see what happens.

1|1
    0|0
    • Take a break from what?

• Do not try to be looking for a girlfriend and just focus on school or work or whatever and hang with you friends.

• That's what I always do. I just wait for things to happen.

• No have you even tried? You are too young to give up.

0|1
    0|0
    • Sort of. But yeah I am young but from what I hear people just don't wanna date anymore in general. So what's the point. Maybe when I am older but I don't think girls want relationships until they are older than like 25.

• Show All
    • But I am sure good things will come to you. :-)

• I am a girl and I married at age 20. My husband is the only man I want to be with and I don’t even notice other men. So it is possible.

What Guys Said 8

• Don't let it be the Focus of your life- enjoy your life and be opportunistic About Meeting someone.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah but I still wanna have sex and relationships are a big part of life. What should I be opportunistic about?

• Show All
    • I'm gonna ask a question about the New York dating scene actually. I might move there after I am finished college so I should have a decent income if I move there.

• Yeah, it's very competitive (and even more focused on Money and Status than elsewhere), but there are a lot of interesting women in it.

• "Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die".

Everyone wants to have that one true love but few want to do work necessary for that to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • How's the search going for that therapist?

1|0
    0|0
  • When your name is Loneyguy87 i think it's time to give up

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. You don't appreciate girls anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's time

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Its time to stop dating. As i guy i'll save myself from those girls

0|0
    0|0
  • MGTOW

0|0
    0|1
    • No. I don't hate women nor do I think guys should live their lives avoiding them.

Recommended myTakes