Why is it bad to look through your partners phone?

I was reading an article and it ended it by saying that it raises red flags
but in a study, a lot of the times when people snoop, they find something like their partner is talking to several girls

I wouldn’t want to be in a relationship where I’m not respected.

1220

Most Helpful Guys

• Ya its a trust thing. Its like if you were a chef and your customer demanded to see your ingredients to make sure they were fresh. Or if you went to pay in cash at a store and the cashiers check your 1 dollar bills to see if theyre fake. People don't like it when others do that even if they didn't do anything wrong. It sends a very disrespectful message. You yourself said you dont want to be in a relationship where you don't feel respected.

• I like how you put it and thank you!

• If you feel the need to snoop in your partner's phone, then you already have a trust problem and that should be addressed directly, not by snooping. If you snoop in his phone without permission and you find nothing, haven't you disrespected him?

• But if he’s acting weired and ha spreviously lied to you despite you respecting and loving him in every way possible? If you confront him or her and they lie? But your gut says something otherwise?

• If you are at that point in a relationship, why would you stay? You don't need to collect evidence before you tell the guy AMF!

Most Helpful Girls

• To all of these hoes saying that “you shouldn’t because your partner has a life and you should trust them and respect their privacy blah blah bullshit” BULL haha I can’t wait until they’re cheated on

You know how many times relationships have ended bc one partner uses “oh you don’t respect me, I don’t want you going through my phone bc of my privacy and you should trust me”
    They use that against the person, guilt tripping them, when they actually are hiding shit

Relationships should be TRANSPARENT. Your phones should be shared. Unless you’re hiding something

• Seriously though 🙁
      There’s studies that show stuff about this that partners who look through another phone, 40% were actually cheating. That’s pretty much half.

I kinda get it but also don’t.
      It’s sorta like “YOU SEXTED ANOTHER WOMAN”
      “YOU LOOKED THROUGH MY PHONE! you're UNRELIABLE”

• By snooping, you show the person serious disrespect. You clearly show you don´t trust them and you don´t care about their integrity. It´s being controlling, and is a form of abuse.

• Why abuse?

• How much of your life you want to share with others is anybody´s choice. They may simple feel they need some space to themselves.

• Ok I sorta get it