Should I act more girly?

My friend just said to me that i looked good but acted like shrek. That means i have to start acting more like a girl and feminine right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I would advise you not go against the grain of your character. You should stay true to who you are deep down.

That said, you should also develop your personality in accordance with your character. Femininity is an art that must be developed within each woman to reach its full expression. I suggest you develop your feminine skills, traits, and behaviors by practicing them until they become habitual and second nature.

Look at it as becoming an improved version of who you've been all along. You should always be yourself, but a progressively improving version of yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would take that as meaning you're sarcastic and that you seem to care much? Similar to how he was for most of the OG Shrek. In any case, I'm so confused as to why someone would call you Shrek and not clarify their meaning or point? Or even equate you to Shrek at all? Anyways, you act like yourself, and that's really all you should act like to a certain degree. I guess don't be as funny and as subtly inappropriate as usual 🤷🏽‍♂️. I wouldn't worry about being feminine enough or anything like that. I imagine (or better yet hope that) that wasn't their intent.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No, it means someone has an opinion about you, it doesn't imply you have to act a certain way. You decide what is right when it comes to your actions, nobody else does.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself :) don't change just because someone made a note... many people in our lives won't like something about us

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 87

• Maybe just friendlier. Main Thing is that you're comfortable with yourself, because pretending to be something you're not is really tiring.

2|2
    0|1
  • What you "should" do is whatever it is that you want to do, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

That said, I will say that, yes, it would be advisable to act like a girl if you intend to attract a guy who is attracted to girls. That's kinda how shit works.

1|0
    0|0
  • No no no. It would be a shame. You could miss out on guys who honestly think that's the coolest thing about you.

Just make sure that there aren't parts of your behavior where it seems like you're being rude, mean or maybe angry when you don't intend to be.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not saying you should not change or whatever. But you need to do what feels right to you. And one thing you do not want to do is become someone or something you are not.

If you want to make a change to your life, then make the change. But don't do that to please other folks. Do it because you want the change.

1|0
    0|0
  • You do what you're comfortable with. Yah, guys will like you more if you're feminine but that doesn't mean you have to be full-on pampered princess, fainting at the sight of a mouse, refusing to ever get any dirt on you, etc. Above all though, be genuine.

If you're like Shrek, well, be like Shrek.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't know what they really meant. But I think it's best not act like somebody else. Being the best of yourself, will eventually bring out the best in you, rather than pretending to be somebody you are not. But yes, you should always strive to be the better version of yourself, doesn't mean you need to change your core nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Act they way you want as long as you don't hurt anyone with it. Being yourself is an important thing in live, just like accepting yourself. Don't listen to the people who says you should act more girly. They are just stupid people who aren't happy with themself or like to give "Helpfull" advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • That means you have to change your stature. That's not only for girls. Straighten your back, and hold your head high. You'll look a thousand times more grateful, I promise.

At least this is the usual criticism I see with young women.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are being rude and acting poorly it might be constructive to try. If they are really just trying to sabotage you from being awesome because they major jelly than no.

Being girly and feminine only matters on what constitutes and defines girly and feminine. Commonly associated traits like meek, passive or caring are good or bad based off certain conditions. Being passive can mean being a walking door mat or it can mean to be less aggressive.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, girls seem to enjoy doing girly things and going full out girl. It's like how guys like to get loud physical and overly sentimental over beers. Dont let a good time pass you by if it is only just a good time.

• No dont act like someone who you aren't dont be girly to me if u are like tom boyish or into cars or like video games are awesome but my point is no matter what dont let them change you for you someone will love you for you know matter what

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 57

• Y'know I'm a tomboy myself and I had this question a couple times myself, but eventually I just said screw it. The people who only date me cause I'm girly and all that shit are not the ones I'm gonna be happy with since I can't be myself around them. Instead, I'd suggest joining a team or some other competitive sport so you're surrounded by people who are full of and enjoy a more tomboyish spirit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh please. Don't change who you are just because your friend told you that you don't act girly enough.
    In highschool my friend told me that if I got a tan and were nicer guys would like me better. She then told me that asked all the guys if they thought I was hot, they all said yes but I was too mean and needed a tan! I got pissed that she did that.
    Guess what I'm still mean and pale. And I'm fine with who I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • there is nothing wrong with exploring and having fun with differ sides of yourself .
    trying out new things . you don't have to act or dress girly all the time . maybe sometimes .
    and not too extreme . it might be fun for you ... .. . if it's not really you . then ok!

0|0
    3|0
  • It doesn't work unless you want to change. At least you are not fake which is highly attractive.

That said not everyone needs to know the real you. You don't need to speak your mind all the time or act boyish infront of people that don't know you.
    Try few Girly things and see if you like them. Maybe a pink skirt will become you favorite pc who knows.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always be yourself! If you pretend to be someone you're not then you will not be happy. Many people will your boyishness charming, and if they don't like it then that's their problem and not yours. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Only if it feels natural. If you feel like you're wearing a mask, don't do it.

"Be yourself" might sound cheesy, but it's true. Of course, if there's something you don't like about yourself you should change it - but only if you see a good reason to.

Also... Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life.

0|0
    0|0
  • What is girly? why are we even expected to adhere to gender norms? Be who you are and the right people will appreciate you. If you do decide to tune it down a little, do it for yourself, not for others

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude, just be yourself. Don't change just because some bitch is so insecure to be herself. She's jealous of the fact that you don't care what people think. Just be the funny quirky you, you always are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her, "in that case... I have layers OF AWESOME!" Shrek reference to his onion layers :P be yourself. You're young, so girls acting like that will grow up eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really, that just means your a "Fiona". You're pretty and can kick ass. Be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes