My friend is in a relationship only 2 weeks after her fiancé left her. Is she moving too fast?

She was with her fiancé for 8 years and they’ve been engaged since March.

However, he left her. Now she’s with this guy who has had a thing for her for 7 years but she wouldn’t give him the time of day because she didn’t like him and was with her now ex fiancé.

I’m concerned for three reasons:
1. It hasn’t even been a month since her relationship ended and already she’s with someone else.

2. She slept with him first about a month ago when her fiancé was being a dick. She told him she had no feelings for him afterwards but now all of sudden she does.

3. I think she’s using him as a rebound even though he genuinely loves her. He’s ready buying her stuff and I think she just wants a man so someone is nice to her.

Basically, I’m concerned that she’s using this other guy so that she feels good, not because she actually likes him, and I think this is a train wreck waiting to happen. She told me to mind my business but I feel like as a friend I wouldn’t be doing her a favor if I didn’t bring it up.
Updates:
I deleted her as a friend because I realized I just don’t like her lying fake ass self. So problem solved lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's a rebound relationship that won't last long. Some good advice somebody gave me during my divorce was have sex with somebody as it helps get over the relationship. It works. Let her have her fling and she will be back on track.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypergamy at its best lol. A rebound. She wants someone to spoil her and found one all ready for that. The way she went about it tho is worrying... either she has yet to deal with the feelings... or there were none to begin with and she only needed a spender... in both cases.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• She might be using him as a rebound
    She might’ve just gotten over her husband earlier

Sometimes we love someone but the person we love does not fulfill certain needs... when we don’t find what we need and your partner isn’t working with you, someotimes people will turn to someone else

She might actually have feelings for the guy for a while but for whatever reason didn’t leave her fiancée.

Plus sometimes in order to get over someone, you get under someone else... for some

Basically she isn’t able to handle it independently. You can speak to her and offer her comfort, but don’t push it. She’ll just have to learn for herself

0|0
    0|0
  • But maybe, she really likes him and just found out recently that she does. And so maybe her fiancee noticed and left and maybe she actually would have a nice time with the guy and probably maybe they're compatible. Just maybe

0|0
    0|1
    • No lol, he left her because he thought she was annoying and she never liked the other guy like that. I’ve known both of them for years and she said she’s never give him the time of day until now since her fiancé left her.

• That fiancé is so stupid but she shouldn't be playing with the other guys feelings, anyway the other guy should've known but his hoping she falls for him

• Tnx for the MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• If she replaces her fiance so fast you can bet she was with him before the break-up and I assume this guy is one of the reason why the fiance was a dick and left her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mind your own business!..
    She need to cure her heart..
    And she needs spare parts from his heart!.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all too soon. Even a second after a breakup is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not just a rebound, he's ammunition to use against the ex fiance. He's a tool used to induce jealousy.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is pure rebound and he should be wise enough to know that by now

0|0
    0|0
  • she's got daddy issues. she's trying to fill the void, her father likely left her

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes she is moving too fast but she needs to learn that lesson herself

0|0
    0|0
  • She’s in a rebound

0|0
    0|0
  • apperently 2 slow

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Rebound.
    But I would approach it carefully. She might not even know he's a rebound herself.. He's showing her affection & attention, she's heart-broken.
    At the same time, it could grow into something more. But I definitely think this is a rebound, and she needs to spend some time on herself first, especially after such a long relationship y'feel.

3|0
    0|1
  • Although she is moving too fast but you can't really do anything for her beside being her friend and let her know your concerns while being in her side.
    On the other I have seen this scenario working before although I don't encourage taking such risk but sometimes things work out in a weird way

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh no if she's hooked up seriously with someone new that fast she and he had been having a thing in secret for a while before her and her fiannce brokeup

0|0
    0|0
    • she's been lying about her feelings for him.. coz she's been flirting or cheating for ages

• That dude needs to get some self-respect. Not trying to diss your friend or anything but he should dump her. He deserves better than what she's doing to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you butbits not your business so let her fuck something up just make sure the guy knows what he's getting into

1|0
    0|0
  • She's using him to rebound hard, it would be amazing if this turned out well for either of him.

0|0
    0|0
    • did you guys have a falling out?

• Show All
    • It was that but it was also that she only contacts me when she needs things. She's a bit of ditz and she always uses it as a pass to not remember things but she's going to be 29 in November so that's not really a reason anymore.

I personally believe it's because I have more than she does. I have a career, a good family, and I'm very intelligent. The only thing she had over me was a relationship, and I think she was jealous and did not want me having the same thing she did. I'm not making it up, either. Other friends have noticed that she is not nearly as supportive of me dating as she is others. Plus I don't think she liked that her fiance and I had great conversations when I came over and she couldn't understand them.

• I'm sorry that's a really sad situation. As a pretty forgetful person myself, I've learned to write things down and set it in a digital calendar. You learn to prioritize or you sink. Also, jealousy is never a good look.

Hopefully she'll mature in the near future.

• Sometimes he need to let her learn it herself. Only way she learn when she needs a shoulder to cry on.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is her way of forgetting and moving on. I'd be doing the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes she should wait longer

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like she doesn't want to be alone. Poor guy

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes