How do I deal with an insecure bf?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Throw him onto the bed, tear his clothes off and then fuck his brains out.

0|1
    0|0
  • In what way (s) is he insecure? Provide couple of examples that way we could provide a meaningful advice relevant to you.

1|2
    1|1
    • That's my point.

• Show All
    • All personal insecurities stem from a lack of something (or the appearance of a lack). Your boyfriend’s insecurity could be a distorted perception of self or situation.

When someone thinks "I am not good enough for anyone", or "I don’t have boobs, guys would never like me". It is a psychological problem that this individual is experiencing. As a partner, you ought to treat the individual with care, empathy, and no judgment.

Simply holding hands with your boyfriend in public, while is very good, would not stave off personal insecurity. As a first step (possibly with help of a trained expert) is to identify the source of the personal insecurity by letting him open up why he feels that way, what is the evidence why he feels that way, and what facts has he got to support the evidence.

• Your boyfriend could also be experiencing personal insecurity that stems from social comparison, where he identifies a lack or gap of a quality between others and himself. Most people including you and me experience it at some point and situation.

He probably is comparing your friends circle, family background, or achievements with his. This is normal but can be a problem if it is persistent. You need with him identify the source of this insecurity. Also, examine whether there are things you do unconsciously or consciously that feed his insecurity.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello insecure girlfriend here and once insecure boyfriend

Insecurity can be tough.

First, how long have you guys been dating?
    Start by communicating with him.

What makes him worry? If I read correctly, he’s afraid of losing you.

So what do you do?
    First of all, it’s somehing you both should work on. So it’s not just your job to kinda help him, he should be helping himself too!
    You can start out by looking at him in the eyes and telling him why you like/love about him and why you’re with him. It tells him why he’s good enough and that’s wny he’s insecure

Second make sure to be open with him! Don’t hide stuff. Be patient cause it takes time. Compliment him etc. and lastly, encourage him to get a hobby lol xD tell him to try stuff but also to not worry

I was insecure at some point.. I basically recognize that I feel scared. I’m scared to lose my boyfriend, not because I don’t think I can’t live without him (I can) but because I love him to death and he’s just an amazing person so I don’t want him to leave my life.

I usually tell him, which I didn’t know it could possibly damage us till today but it can help if your partner becomes understanding. I try to remind myself that he hasn’t hid anything from me since the first time I caught him, he listens to me s when I’m down, he encourages me in what I do, and spends time with me. He’s open with me and doesn’t do anything that’s shady

If you hide stuff, it can only give reason to it. When my boyfriend felt insecure about me at first, I was open to him, meaning I never hid messages that my guy friends sent. I always told him about who they are and I telll him if I’m gonna hang out with a guy one on one. At some point he did the same. From there wee became transparent with one another and there’s a mutual trust

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• You get use to it. If he's insecure and you're not the relationship is never going to work the way you want it to. The smart thing to do would be to part ways now.
    Typically people think logically and want to hang on and see if it will get better; it won't.
    So get use it

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk highly of him... Let him know who he is better than by example... Or tell him to man uo

0|0
    0|0
  • Be there for him maybe sit down with him and discuss personal stuff show him he can trust you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Slap his face and kiss him and tell him you love him

0|0
    0|0
  • The double standards between a guy and a girl being insecure amazes me 😒

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would he think that?

0|0
    0|0
    • He told me he’s afraid he will lose me because I am at college, and involved in my many things.

• Show All
    • I did. Yes. He told me he feels i don’t care about him around my friends. That makes no sense to me! I literally asked him if he was okay with them coming over. Then i asked if he was okay with going out. Then I tried to give him my attention (holding hands, kisses, telling him i love him, that he’s cute, etc.) literally, when he wanted to leave. I started to tear up because it hurt me so much. I told him “if you want to leave. I can’t stop you. Please text me where you go”. And, he didn’t text me. So, I texted him “i love you. Please be safe. Tell me where you are when you get there”. I just don’t get it. I even asked him what more can I do to show him I care. He told me “it’s not you, it’s me!”

• Any way we can continue through pms? I kind of identify with a similar situation.

• Boost his confidence

1|2
    0|0
  • With a lot of communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the details.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a new secure boyfriend.

1|0
    1|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• they r the worst.. what is he insecure about? if it s a trauma kind of thing, understadanble but rest is so turn off to me

0|0
    0|1
  • If I was with girl with insecurities again I have to let her go. Cause it’s draining. And having your every move question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him that you don't go through life being a little bitch take your tampon out be a man

0|0
    0|0
  • Just prove to him he's got nothing to worry about

0|0
    0|0
  • Boost his moral

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes