We’ve been dating for a few weeks. When should I invite him over?

So I have been talking to a guy for a few weeks and went on two dates. His schedule is really hectic so we thought maybe we could do a cooking at home date for third time at my place since I live significantly closer to where we both work. My friend won’t shut up about it. She said I should not let him over until I see his house and that I still shouldn’t let him come over for at least 60 days. He said I could come over but we both think it might have to wait a couple weeks just because he works so much and gets up at 4am whereas I get up at 6am.

I think that’s a bit excessive what she’s saying. We aren’t sleeping together or anything. But she said when things go wrong to not tell her even if get raped.
So when I said he has a hectic schedule, I meant he works 70-80 hours a week.

We talked about it. We are going out a couple more times then he will come over. His roommates each have small kids and they have an agreement that a new person has to be in a serious relationship first before coming over. I get that. But he knows I will not be sleeping with him until we are serious.

911

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly I don't think it matters that much when it comes to who goes to who's house. You have same chance of being raped in both situations. What your friend is saying is excessive.

• If a girl invites me over to hers I am going to think she wants to be physically intimate. So, if you aren't sleeping together he's going to think you want to based on the cooking date.

Really it's up to you on the idea of when, and it's possible to have a dinner date and not have sex. Your friend saying that bit about rape is way too far. Yes it is excessive what she's saying. I do think it all sounds perfectly rational what your reasons are, but the friend has a point in terms of just having a think about what inviting a guy over and if you're ready.

• James_R... her friend is giving her good advice, and it's not excessive at all..., As a retired law enforcement officer, we had many cases of women being raped, some tortured by some guy they just met. I could tell you stories that would make your blood boil. There is a lot of evil people in this world whom look just normal

• James_R... my intentions were not to put all men in that category, and I'm sorry if I offended you. Men have also been raped, tortured and murdered in the same scenario., so therefore I concur.

• Offended is a word people use far too often today in my opinion. I am not offended, at all, my intent was that generalisations have some basis in fact but do not represent all people in all cases. You're good! 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• Mmm I agree with your friend. I think you should go to his house first. i wouldn't let him know where I live just yet. just to make sure he's not cray cray or anything. That's what I've always done

• Plus he seems like he has a lot of excuses. Make sure he's nt married or anything

• Lol, dude, it’s been like a month, calm down, it’s not that deep. Why are you so paranoid?

• Have u even met this guy yet?