Could you date someone that had the same name as your mom/dad?

• yeah no problem for me
  • no that would be too weird for me
  • it depends (explain)
    Vote C

2329

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn't but I doubt I'd have that problem, first off I'm Asian so my parents don't exactly have names like John or Isabelle. Not to mention it's not common names either and most people in my generation don't have names like theirs and most have English names.

Though my name is a pretty common name I'd say.

• Yeah who cares hahaha if you can call your boyfriend daddy I don't know see how someone can have the problem calling them the same name as ur actual dad

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, no problem. Also avoids the awkward problem of calling your SO by your mom's name by accident in the heat of the moment...

... I'm kidding! Well, technically that problem wouldn't exist in that case.

• My wife had the same first Name as my mother, but that isn't shocking because they were both German and it's a common Name here.