Looks matter, true or false?

So do you think looks matter when it comes to dating and sustaining a relationship? Why or why not? I’ll vote yes even though I’m average. More like a 7/10 actually. Sorry fellas but that’s just how it is. Looks matter, true or false?
  • True
    Vote A
  • False
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, looks matter and I mean taking care of themselves health wise and groom wise.
    I look at hair, eyes, and mouth. And see if they smell good as well. Cause these speak volumes.

Cause I remember a guy hitting on me and he had blue rotting teeth 🤢. And he was being disrespectful and acting all big shot like he could get any girl (which of coarse I kept denying him and he wouldn’t leave me alone 😑). But anyways, I’ve always believed if a person doesn’t respect themselves, they don’t respect others.

And I also believe personality as well. I remember I went shopping and a male worker was helping me (and this guy was a middle age average guy with a beard 🧔🙃) he was so kind and patient 😊. I kinda got a quick crush for a second 🙂.

But, my point is I always compare or weigh of looks and personality 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • Well of course! Attraction must be present for any relationship to work. It doesn’t mean you have to look super perfect, no... but it does mean something from your physical appearance has to attract the other person or else that relationship will not last long enough before it ends or cheated on. Etc etc..

Looks are not everything, but DO matter.

0|0
    0|0
    • And that guy looks soooo gay!

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, but there are other places where it matters. It matters in a worldly sense, so by that alone, it matters to most people in the dating world.

However, it's not the ONLY thing that matters. People will only put up with jerks or entitled prima donnas to a point. Now that tolerance level changes for everyone, and it depends on the culture, but even when that changes, anyone will only put up with a certain amount before dropping that person, no matter HOW gorgeous they are. I think it's gotta be that way for dating. Like there are some GORGEOUS women in Hollywood, where, because of their friendships, viewpoints, behavior, past relationship choices, I'd decline and not think twice. For me, the person has to have some real depth of character underneath.

A lot of people are shallow, so looks and popularity will do most of it for them. And that's good enough for them. But as much as I think many people are really shallow, I still don't think that most people will date someone only based on appearance..

0|0
    0|0
  • Of Course Looks matter, but not as much in relationships as People think. I would much rather have an average-looking girlfriend with a 10 for a personality than the other way around.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• of course looks matter! its misconception of hipocritical society that it doesn't ! But everything matters, not just looks but personality too
    but looks can also depends on person's taste so that's why most of us do have a shoot cause most of us is not extremely ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes looks matter and anyone who says they don’t are lying. Ofcourse u can end up with someone you were instantly attracted to at first but for the most part people base relationships off of attraction first

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm asexual so they really don't matter when i say they don't. But a lot of humans do care because that's the way your brains are hardwired.

• 7 is not average, 4,5 is. But if people dated their equal in attractiveness we'd have no problem. A relationship is more than the physical but dating too fat outside of your league creates unnecessary problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • they do matter but not everyone is even attracted to "ideal" faces and bodies. thats a very narrow lens. sure i can see someone is beautiful but that doesn't mean i want to have sex with them or am interested in getting to know them

0|0
    0|0
  • True. But it's not just looks that matter. you always have to have a great personality too.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah to an extent. There needs to be some attraction

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But if not ugly, I can find very attractive if right personality ^_^ Very attractive guy I not like because I feel ugly close to him. Ugly guy I not like. In the middle average guy is the best :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course people won't go after someone who's not physically attractive to them, it's an instinct to breed with the ones you think are attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks matter yes but looks dont make up for personality either.

So a great personality with a good enough looking physique is what makes it for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • It always depends what we are talking about.
      Im pretty sure personality doesn't have much of value when it comes to pure sexual attraction and hook ups.
      I know that from personal experience

• Show All
    • Sure, just wanted to point it out.
      But you dont disagree with what i said, do you?

• I think so

I haven't had much experience with casual hook ups

But yeah I guess

• If your not physically attracted to a person how does the relationship start?

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 20

• Yes looks matter, but most people are average… Average people pair up with other with average people a lot easier. There tons of people that will get all excited over a good looking person but then they get all insecure around them and fuck shit up. If you’re like a 5-7 you can easily go from one relationship of a year+ to another one back to back most of your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% yes. To me looks matter a lot, maybe even more then personality. I wouldn’t date her no matter how amazing she is personality wise, if her looks aren’t great

0|1
    0|0
    • 😂 aren't we very full of ourselves here? 😂

So her looks have to be perfect and personality can be whatever?

• Show All
    • Lol tommy boy, maybe that's why relationship wise it doesn't work

• Probably lol

• Yes, it matters because If I don't like the way the person looks I would even bother approaching that person.

Anyone who says looks don't matter at all are the people on the internet just talking bullshit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course looks matter. They just are the only thing that matter, and are not the most important thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel bad for being in the 4% that believe false but in the end I believe it's up to personality I would never date a hot girl that would hate me and make fun of me everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it matters. The thing is that looks are actually cranio facial growth + muscle mass on top of that growth. Grow a nice face and look good! Its not hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Hermione is quite hot even if she is a filthy little mudblood.

I don't care!

I want her to be MY little mudblood.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks matter a lot in order to start a relationship afterward, personnality gets more important and eventually drives the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • because in my opinion being attracted to the person you like or love matters because like thats probably one of the reasons you pursued that person

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes