Looks matter, true or false?

So do you think looks matter when it comes to dating and sustaining a relationship? Why or why not? I’ll vote yes even though I’m average. More like a 7/10 actually. Sorry fellas but that’s just how it is. Looks matter, true or false?
  • True
  • False

2822

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, looks matter and I mean taking care of themselves health wise and groom wise.
    I look at hair, eyes, and mouth. And see if they smell good as well. Cause these speak volumes.

Cause I remember a guy hitting on me and he had blue rotting teeth 🤢. And he was being disrespectful and acting all big shot like he could get any girl (which of coarse I kept denying him and he wouldn’t leave me alone 😑). But anyways, I’ve always believed if a person doesn’t respect themselves, they don’t respect others.

And I also believe personality as well. I remember I went shopping and a male worker was helping me (and this guy was a middle age average guy with a beard 🧔🙃) he was so kind and patient 😊. I kinda got a quick crush for a second 🙂.

But, my point is I always compare or weigh of looks and personality 😎

• Well of course! Attraction must be present for any relationship to work. It doesn’t mean you have to look super perfect, no... but it does mean something from your physical appearance has to attract the other person or else that relationship will not last long enough before it ends or cheated on. Etc etc..

Looks are not everything, but DO matter.

• And that guy looks soooo gay!

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, but there are other places where it matters. It matters in a worldly sense, so by that alone, it matters to most people in the dating world.

However, it's not the ONLY thing that matters. People will only put up with jerks or entitled prima donnas to a point. Now that tolerance level changes for everyone, and it depends on the culture, but even when that changes, anyone will only put up with a certain amount before dropping that person, no matter HOW gorgeous they are. I think it's gotta be that way for dating. Like there are some GORGEOUS women in Hollywood, where, because of their friendships, viewpoints, behavior, past relationship choices, I'd decline and not think twice. For me, the person has to have some real depth of character underneath.

A lot of people are shallow, so looks and popularity will do most of it for them. And that's good enough for them. But as much as I think many people are really shallow, I still don't think that most people will date someone only based on appearance..

• Of Course Looks matter, but not as much in relationships as People think. I would much rather have an average-looking girlfriend with a 10 for a personality than the other way around.