Has a friend ever had you go on a date with someone you didn't really want to date?

Would you go on a date just to please a friend or to get them off your back?
  • No (also if you have never dated)
    Vote A
  • Yes
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Mostly I didn’t want to date him because I didn’t think I was ready to date again. I ended up having a really good time and we dated for a while.

0|1
    0|0
    • That worked out well, didn't it?

• Show All
    • Thank you for your advice ☺️

• No problem- thanks for your insights.

• Yes did that in the past as a teen, my friend to that time was like "he is great, sweet and you just don't know what you want, you will change your mind try it" and the only argument I had was that I don't know why but I'm not interested

Today I don't do that anymore, if my gut feeling is not interested I reject the person, no matter how good of a person he is

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I haven't been forced but I feel i was ambushed once. I was meeting friends i hadn't seen in a while. They invited another friend of theirs for lunch. I hadn't met her before. She thought it was a blind date I didn't even know she was going to be there.

0|3
    0|0
  • Haha, yes!
    One time it was my father who set me up. There was nothing wrong with her. On the contrary, she was incredibly smart, ambitious and someone who's probably really accomplished today.

I'm just too easy going for that sort of lifestyle, and she must've noted that about me too.
    Neither of us were really interested in that way, but it made for a fun sort of casual date anyway.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah but I was more of a double date wing woman kind of thing. I wasn't looking for a romantic connection but just there to support her and have some fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I thought he was huge and he had a very scary face. But we started getting along well. And he was a good kisser. He introduced me to his friends immediately. We went to a club and some drunk dude kissed me. 😬😕 My new boyfriend was sooo mad at ME, he yelled at me in his big voice and told me "Do you want me to beat you up?" and I was so scared I started crying. I calmed down and went home. He was sending me messages to apologise but I told him sorry I can't handle someone treating me like that especially not my SO.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wasn't exactly a date, but yes I have. Now I know if I had no interest in them, the fact that they're nice doesn't change anything.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes she insisted for me to come, her friend wanted to date me and that was awkward. But a date is just having a drink and talking with someone, there is worse so you can go on a date even if you are not sure to develop a relationship with the person

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never dated, but my friend has. A few years back, she became friends with a guy, and found out that he had a crush on her. Lots of people were trying to pressure her into dating him, saying she would eventually have mutual feelings. She felt pressured, and gave in, partially because she didn't want to hurt him. She regrets it now, and it probably hurt him even more when she broke up with him. She's quite distant from him now, and it was a mistake no doubt, I knew it was a bad idea. She didn't even tell me much at the time, or take my advice to stay away from him while it was going on. He's also got problems, which I don't want her to get dragged into, he needs help, but the school counselor has done nothing, even when presented evidence of some bad stuff. :(

0|1
    0|0
  • i tried it several times and it went horribly wrong. so i declared no more!

0|1
    0|0
  • Multiple times. If it makes my friends happy, then yea. Who knows what's gonna happen?
    None of them turned into anything but it was still an evening well spent

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you kidding me? i wish my friends would hook me up! lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Hasn't happened in the sense where I didn't want to. I was always open to meeting new guys when I was single.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I've done that and am never doing it again. was giving the guy false hope

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 17

• Indubitably. I sometimes go on periods where I don't date in which my pals see problems with how I think. So they constantly wanna push a stranger into my lap.

It has ended with a lot of awkward situations due to them not quite understanding my words of
    "temporarily not attracted to anything" putting me in situations I don't whant to be in. Blech

0|1
    0|0
  • Simple

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont understand. Do you mean going on a date with a friend, or going on a date a friend "forced" me to

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been on a double date that I didn't really want to before.

My friend's girlfriend's sister was in town and she didn't know anyone so they wanted to try and set her up with me for whatever reason.

Anyway it was a good night in the end. Went out with her a couple more times before she went back up to Scotland.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I’ll say this. My ex girlfriend tried to get me to go and try and hook up with girls I didn’t even want to meet up with in the first place. I’m not that person to do that while I have a girlfriend with me.
    But I knew she was cheating on me hence why she tried to get me to talk to them. They weren’t even my type to be with anyway. So I told my ex girlfriend let’s go home. She asked me what was wrong I said your cheating on me that’s what wrong. A month later without warning she packed up and moved out. And I was left stunned shocked and I found a ring on her finger to show me that she was engaged to this bloke she went back to.

0|1
    0|0
    • That sucks.

• Welcome to my life as that’s what has happened to me all my life getting cheated on with ex’s hanging around all the time. Getting bashed up by the guy they went back to for just dropping mail off and asking them why they did this to me in the first place one year later which is today still not get any answer from her at all all denial from her. That’s all I get.

• That the LAST TIME I have DATE and Learn a GOOD LESSON Not to TRUST Even your FRIENDS... VERY BAD MEMORIES...

0|2
    0|0
  • Only I decide whom I go out with. Keep things simple, y'know? :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn't be much different than getting raped, I would imagine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It happens : this asshole tried to stuck me with a single mom !!!
    It didn't worked like it was supposed in his mind

0|0
    1|0
  • I have a few time was fun enjoyed he company then botched at my friend for setting me up

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes