Has a friend ever had you go on a date with someone you didn't really want to date?

Would you go on a date just to please a friend or to get them off your back?
  • No (also if you have never dated)
  • Yes

1519

Most Helpful Girls

• Mostly I didn’t want to date him because I didn’t think I was ready to date again. I ended up having a really good time and we dated for a while.

• That worked out well, didn't it?

• Thank you for your advice ☺️

• No problem- thanks for your insights.

• Yes did that in the past as a teen, my friend to that time was like "he is great, sweet and you just don't know what you want, you will change your mind try it" and the only argument I had was that I don't know why but I'm not interested

Today I don't do that anymore, if my gut feeling is not interested I reject the person, no matter how good of a person he is

Most Helpful Guys

• I haven't been forced but I feel i was ambushed once. I was meeting friends i hadn't seen in a while. They invited another friend of theirs for lunch. I hadn't met her before. She thought it was a blind date I didn't even know she was going to be there.

• Haha, yes!
    One time it was my father who set me up. There was nothing wrong with her. On the contrary, she was incredibly smart, ambitious and someone who's probably really accomplished today.

I'm just too easy going for that sort of lifestyle, and she must've noted that about me too.
    Neither of us were really interested in that way, but it made for a fun sort of casual date anyway.