Could you date a girl who was always championing social injustice?

• YES
  • NO

14118

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a minority and I don't suffer those SJW fools either.

in my opinion, you go to a university, you damn well should be expected to be given exams, and you damn sure better expect to take them in class like everyone else.

Note that they aren't asking to be treated like equals - they want special privileges (a different "test" that they are able to do at home) - and they're deluded enough to think that they have the moral high ground. It's sickening.

• Fuck no! Those people are too arrogant and self-righteous. . . and NO fuckin' fun!

Most Helpful Girls

• Hell. No.

Social justice activists in my generation aren't activists; more likely than not, they're warriors (not just the SJW crazy stereotype, though there are plenty of those, too). They think it's their way or the highway. Disagree with them, and you're a racist homophobic bigot who's got their head so far up their own ass they are too blind to see their own cis white privilege (hell, people tell me I have white privilege, and I'm like "Excuse you, I'm Latina, you racist hoe". I don't mean it because I'm not a snowflake, but funny how they back off lol).

But yeah, definitely not. Same thing for a guy. They're so full of themselves, thinking they're Christ for championing issues they're convinced other people ignore. Like, no, we care about these sorts of things too--we just don't crucify people for having differing opinions, nor do we insist on making sure everyone knows just how much of a crackpot (I'm sorry; "activist") we are. Example: I'm anti-abortion, and pro-life. I despise abortion and will civilly argue the matter with anyone willing to engage in discourse. However, I won't write off anyone who disagrees with me--I have family and friends who are pro-choice, or who think I'm anti-women for my views. I still love them, I just don't like their politics and disagree with their views. Ultimately I'll fight for what I believe in, and let them to their own. Stick a social justice sweetheart in a similar situation, and they'll just as quickly cut their own mother out of their life as call her a patriarchal bigot (or any other slur they can think up).

• There is nothing wrong with fighting for other rights, but depending on what it is, and how you chose to fight for it, can be offputting to a lot of people. These days, people aren't fighting for social injustice. They're fighting for what is convenient to them. Where is the justice for Christians, moral beliefs and the right to uphold values that don't fit the majority yet you're FORCED to comply as law? Its very clear people are not satisfied with traditional values and want to change the whole construction of the constitution little by little. Yet many say they support it. Overall, when you make this your life, it's not appealing. Nobody wants to constantly fight and bicker about politics. Just don't date somebody who doesn't share your values, problem solved for that part.