How many of you agree with this take on the #MeToo movement especially on how it affects dating?

• I do
  • I do not (Leave a comment)

1150

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm very split on the results of the movement because, while it has helped single out some very high-profile people for what they've done, I'm willing to bet that just as many if not more people's lives have been damaged from misconstrued/false allegations as a result of the hashtag than it has actually helped real victims. I'm one, and I would never, ever use the hashtag. It's just begging for people to come in and exploit it like a lot already do. Anyone who uses the hashtag is put alongside everyone else in the world who's ever used it, making their voices equally heard but also removing all responsibility or motivation on the accuser's part to be even remotely honest.

I'm at least glad it has helped a lot of people though, I can't deny that it has. But I think the whole thing is very coarse and sloppy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a traditionalist but I eschew traditions that treat women as objects that exist for the pleasure of men. I do think that the sensitivity of the left has produced a paranoia about anything that remotely approaches sex or sexual behavior, but I think that most people - at least privately - reject such silly notions. Yes, there are Neanderthals who say "No means yes, and yes means anal!" and there are snowflakes who have more feelings than a ruptured appendix, but most people still have common sense and respect for each other. I don't think too many people are getting written consent to sex, signed and notarized, before they slip between the sheets.

It is always a mistake to assume that you know what is happening on our society by listening to the media, because they give a very distorted presentation of reality. Young people today have as much sense as did my generation 40 years ago.

• I guess we will see how this ends up. I think a lot of men... not all... have given up. It's too much work to worry about whether or not a touch on the shoulder will land them with a sexual harassment charge. That also hurts women who want to be courted and want that traditional romance. It's usually always a few who ruin it for the many.

• Thanks for MHO!

• 7d

Interestingly my very first mytake article was exactly about the media being a psychic manipulation weapon. But i did not cover the overexageration of it.