Why are there so many beautiful girls out there looking for casual flings?

I keep swiping through Bumble this weekend (better girls than Tinder on average lol) and all of the prettiest girls have their profile set to “looking for something casual.”

This really frustrates me big time because I’m a guy that is looking for a relationship that could turn serious and for someone who could be a potential wife. I don’t see or believe there's ANY other reason to pursue another person.

It’s very disturbing to me how so many attractive women are seemingly only interested in this numbers game, casual, disposable fling sort of mentality and situation. Today’s women are highly disappointing, and here’s the truth, they ought to NOT want the good guys out there feeling this way about them, because what happens when she’s hit the wall, or has pooped another man’s kid out, and suddenly wants “something serious?” Yeah, no thanks.

It’s such a massive disappointment how our values as a society are so compromised and backwards. I’m nearly 30 years old, and none of these women are even looking to settle down. I’d look to date younger, but they’re even worse. And I’m not a deadbeat type of guy at all, I have a stable job, a good salary, I’m just wanting to meet a good girl and do the relationship thing the right way, but its like women these days don’t even want that.

313

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not all girls.

but many girls are very independent and they don't want or feel the need to have a boyfriend/partner at the moment (for various reasons unique to each girl). it's possible that they've had bad relationships in the past where the guy was controlling... it's possible that they don't know what they want so they don't want to hold a guy back in something serious... it's possible that they know they could have any guy so they're not going to settle on just one... it's possible they feel the need to say "only looking for something casual" bc they think it is what guys want to hear... there could be a bunch of other reasons. but this is not every girl.

• Well that's great that they're "independent" and can take care of themselves, but what ever happened to the basic human need of companionship? Now men have to suffer just because women can all of the sudden care for themselves?

I've heard actual stories in the news how modern, educated women are "freezing their eggs" because "there are no worthy men out there" and they're "having a hard time finding a man" when in reality, because these women think they've moved up the totem pole, that their standards can magically shift up the totem pole.

In short, their standards have risen even higher, just because they still feel like they can "date up" and men that were "viable in the past, no longer are." SO where does this entitlement come from? Now women are making 60k to 100k a year with a few years experience and college degrees... that's great, that's my league, but that doesn't mean she's entitled to CEO's and Instagram models/celebrity partners now lol. It's absolute madness.

• obviously the basic need of companionship is still there... they're just looking for a casual, no commitments companionship. and as a separate thing not related to the original conversation... i don't think women's standards have risen higher. they've always been what they've been but the quality of men have gone lower.

• In what way has the quality of men dropped?

Most Helpful Guys

• Dude if you start dating girls 35 and up you will have the pick of the litter.
    After 35 many women get "Rabies." Ring + Babies = Rabies. This is when girls want to start a family and they start getting desperate to get married and have children before they hit 40 and can't. When I was 35 and hanging out with friends in their mid thirties, I have never been to so many weddings in my life and with a lot of in vitro twin and triplets. Chill, get laid for five years and soon girls will go crazy wanting to date and get married. The sad part is they are now willing to date down to feel like their partner won't find someone better and leave them. Big advice... get a prenup. These rushed marriages often end up in divorce and you end up paying for kids you rarely see. If a girl is willing to sign a prenup, she is in it for you and not just your assets and sperm. So you will have LOTS of women to date, sadly who wouldn't date you earlier, you just have to be careful choosing "the one."

Don't rush... just spend your time improving yourself as you age into the sweet spot of 35-40. Plus if you chill now there is a good chance you will meet and marry a good girl early.

• Because young women are too busy working or educating themselves to have a boyfriend. Girls also have sexual needs and quite frankly, they want to basically satisfy their sexual needs by using guys and treating like disposable sex toys... whilst having the time to be able to party a lot as well as work or better themselves financially. Hope that explains it for you.

Quick bit of advice: if you’re a guy, you’re gonna get hurt by girls these days. I’m sort of a Feminist, so all power to them, but girls hurt guys 24/7 you just gotta accept it.