Is prom really the best night of your life?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If it is, then forget the night you get engaged, your wedding night, the birth of your first child, your friend or family member returning home from war, your first night in your new house or apartment after being able to sustain yourself independently... any one of a number of things.

3|1
    0|0
  • It is basically the same as any other sort of dance, high school kids trend towards glorifying it. It can be a good night, it can also turn out very boring. Even if it turns out well, unless the rest of your life is terrible there will be lots of bigger and better events.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I didn't go to my prom and went bag packing around Europe instead and I don't regret it one bit.

Why would I want to get dressed up to impress people I hated and treated me as like dirt the whole time, to pretend to be friends and party with them. I've always been told by honest people but it's really crap and a waste of money so that's why I used my prom money to do something more worthwhile instead.

1|2
    1|0
  • Nope. Sure, it was fun, but I wouldn’t say it was the best night of my life. Heck, I still have a whole life ahead of me. There’s no way my high school prom would be the best night in my entire life. So far, going to Vegas last week was the best. It’ll change as I get older tho.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 95

• It will usually be the best night of your teenage life, but probably not your life overall.

1|0
    0|0
  • LOL, at that point in your life, yes. A year later, no one will care who was there or who they went with. Don't spend a lot of money on it, or worry about it because it becomes meaningless soon afterwards.

2|1
    0|0
  • I very much doubt it would be "best" even if I had gone to it, in which I didn't go anyway, most of it had to do with financial reasons at the time, simply couldn't afford it either way. Back then maybe at that time frame I still care somewhat about things like this, but now when I look back I feel I missed nothing and that none of it even mattered at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol
    Those things never happens here
    So mostly the best night is before the exams when you and your buddys play cards all night without giving a crap to exams and eating maggie and then appearing in exam
    And the more happy moment is when we actually pass the exam
    We're nerds

0|1
    0|0
  • It's probably not the best night of your life. But it can be really, really great. Just don't do stupid stuff and have a date who won't do stupid stuff. Getting pregnant, arrested or bombed is not the prom you want.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, there are many better nights. The honeymoon, night of your 1st child born, and wedding anniversaries are much better nights.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's a waste of time. The people who glorify it peaked in highschool.

3|1
    0|0
  • LOL.

Only if you then get knocked up, drop out of high school, and get a meth habit. In which case, prom night might look pretty good.

Otherwise, no. It means nothing.

0|2
    0|0
  • Oh god no. It’s an absolute blast, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not the best night of your life by any stretch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for most people. That sounds rather sad to imagine that life peaks in childhood.

1|2
    0|0
  • Not even close. Schools just say that so they can get money from you.

3|1
    0|0
  • Probably not. Just look at it as a fun event, and don't hype it up too much. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha well I never had one, I don't think I can remember a single night in my life and say 'that was the best night I've ever had!'. But I hope it can be that amazing for you :) Have fun!

0|0
    0|0
  • I got really bored of the prom, just found it really boring, kinda thought it was a waste of time. We just stood around talking.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have a debs ball - It wasn't that big of a thing for me - I think girls enjoy it more with the dresses - Guys just hire a tux

0|0
    0|0
  • Prom doesn't happen where I live. My best night was when I saw a sky so full of stars even the word "countless" seemed small.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in India and v don't have prom or any other dance. Me personally don't want to experience the best night of my life because then I would know that no night can beat that

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I never went to prom. I watched as my old classmates hugged each other to Michael W Smith's, Friends are Friends Forever.
    I wish I could've joined. But I was a dropout.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never went... I went out with some friends instead, so much better

0|1
    0|0
    • How do you know it was better if you didn’t go to prom

• All the people I know who went, hated it.. whereas we had fun 🤷🏻‍♂️

• No. It's a huge waste of time with a person statistically you won't have a future with.

2|1
    0|0
  • It could be if you live a really sad life afterwards 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • No, winning the lottery is the best night of your life.

0|1
    0|0
  • I seriously hope not. I've recently started to think I could feel better but if my prom was the best night of my life then I was wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Was it nice to see my friends and occasionally bust out a move in full chain and plate armor? Sure.
    But it was hardly the best night.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! Right up until the day after and then it quickly fades into obscurity.

0|0
    0|0
  • In germany we don't have a prom, so i'll never know haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Here in Ontario, prom nights are uneventful and boring. The thing that's more fun it the after party.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not the best one but i think it's still cool and memorable. The acquaintance party in college was better though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm... What is that? We have nothing like that here.

0|1
    0|0
    • Would you mind if I ask where you are from?

• Show All
    • Expectations are enough to put stress on somebody.

For the record, I had to look up Wikipedia on the topic. And also back to the future 1.

• You’re right it does cause stress. I remember Back to the Future 😝

• I didn't go to my prom. I went to a friend's house and got drunk and all my friends that went to the prom said that it was awful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 66

• No not really. It's just dressing up and hanging out, maybe drinking afterwards. You'll be doing that a lot in your life, prom is just more pointless. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I never went. I always thought it looked kinda crap, people getting all fancy and shit for a night they feel obligated to attend. Na I passed that shit. Here in Ireland we call it a 'Formal', I got asked a bunch of times, got sick of trying to let people down gently, I just didn't want to go and pretend to be somebody I'm not by wearing some stupid dress and make a dick of myself by getting into a Limo, I HATE LIMOS. So pretentious -.-

0|1
    0|0
  • For some, but not for others. I went as the back up gay for a girl who's boyfriend dumped her a week before prom. I couldn't afford a fancy dress or anything, and my "date" left early. Luckily I bumped into a friend and we snuck out to smoke a blunt, so overall not a bad night 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's overrated. It was a nice evening but wasn't what I expected at all. Got boring at one point because you're there for so long and your feet start to hurt from your heels. Then I don't know about anyone else as I can only speak for myself but there was so much drama. I went to 3 other proms, not including mine and for me, I just really found it overrated.

0|0
    0|0
  • We called it our formal! Over priced dresses i wore a , makeup caked on, hair full of extentions, nails so long you're hands were useless! False lashes so thick it was a struggle keeping your eyes open. The spoilt know it all brats getting limos etc as we got drunk on the bus there and after 2/3 strip dares, 3 fights 2 catfights and a teacher in tears! We arrived and 2 sneaky drinks later, well it was time to tell everyone what you really think of them. I do belie

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend never went to prom and I never even went to highschool.. but honestly though after I graduate highschool I am going my boyfriend and me just together can do prom. it doesn't have to be any people with us. It can just be the 2 of us spending a special night together

0|0
    0|0
  • nope it was legit a night that i could have spent elsewhere (so many better things in this world and i hate the emphasis on prom being the highlight of hichschool)

0|1
    0|0
  • I loved prom I spent the whole night dressed up pretty, which I never really get the chance to do and spent it with my best friend. I'm at the bottom of the social scale, but enjoyed the meal and the music they played the whole night, had a blast

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Its not a monumental right of passage or anything. Its a dumb tradition ending up in unwanted children, std's, rejection and underage drinking tickets if not a trip to the ER for alchohol poisoning for most kids. I went to 2 proms ( neither my own) and it was just a memory. I've had much better nights costing me way less $ and pomp. *Rolls eyes*

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn’t go to prom either. No regrets. I do go out dancing often and proms have nothing on some of the music events I’ve been to.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell nope. Maybe the best of your highschool years, but you have way better night's in university and I'm sure even better night's in adulthood

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Its lame and overrated. I went to 4 proms at 3 different schools and only one wasn't a total bust. But it was still far from the best night of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely not lol

it CAN be a very fun night out with friends but there is way too much pressure & hype over it all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Seriously? ? ? If a high school dance is the best night of your life, you need to reexamine your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely a very important night in your life that you will remember forever, but in my opinion I think the most important day of your life is either when you get married or when you give birth to your children.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I had great fun then, I drove the train in my prom dress and did some really fun stuff afterwards, but it's not the best night of my life. Maybe at the time it felt so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever said that didn’t live very long or must’ve had a shitty life.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. My best night was homecoming XD or the night I met my friends with benefits.

0|1
    0|0
  • All depends if you're a party goer or not. I went to my prom junior year and it was ok but I had more fun senior year when I did my own thing with my best friend at the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. its just an event as a young human. enjoy it though, but know its not that important in the grand scheme of things

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope... mine was when i was done college!! Now thats pretty sweet!

0|0
    0|0
  • Prom sucked for me, but it's worth going. The fried chicken was the best part

0|0
    0|0
  • I never went to prom so I wouldn’t know, and I don’t regret anything about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha A little mixed up but a night to remember. I was no wallflower.

0|0
    0|0
  • My prom is considered the best prom in America... It was fun, but not the best night of my kife.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe up to that point in life it is, but overall life? Nope. Not even close.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think my marriage night would be but Prom was pretty good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn’t go to prom when I was in high school and my boyfriend didn’t go to prom either

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it was shit. I mean, the food was ok but overall pretty boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It was not. You are just 15. Life is waiting for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes