Do guys get intimidated by attractive girls in public?

Such that they would never ever approach her.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If you Google "Beautiful Girl Syndrome", that's basically saying that beautiful girls can be bitchier and high maintenance because guys are willing to put up with more because she is so beautiful. Guys won't put up with so much shit and work if the girl isn't so attractive.

"Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type II" is a phrase I coined, but it's a real thing I discovered not quite 40 years ago. This will take some time to explain...

All guys need to feel that they can "win". They view things as something like a competition in which there is some goal that they want to achieve. If a guy wants something and he believes that there is SOME possibility that he may get it, he will get emotionally involved. If he begins to believe that he won't get that, then he begins to withdraw and get emotionally detached. However, sometimes a guy doesn't even think he has a chance, so he doesn't bother...

And this is where "Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type II" comes in. If a girl is really beautiful, a regular guy thinks:
    1. There are a zillion other guys who want her.
    2. She almost certainly already has a boyfriend.
    3. There is no way she'd be attracted to me; I am not anything special.
    4. If she did date me, she'd dump me for some better-looking guy who will hit on her and there definitely will be such a guy.
    5. She's going to be bitchy and high maintenance. (In other words, he's thinking she suffers from normal Beautiful Girl Syndrome.)

So, he basically thinks that
    1) he doesn't have a chance to get her,
    2) if he did, he'll lose her, and
    3) she's going to be a lot of work.

Because oceans of guys think like this - the only exception being the hunky guys - the beautiful girl either can't find a guy or goes with dickhead hunky guys (who suffer from Beautiful Guy Syndrome). Of course, the regular guys see the beauties with the hunky guys and that just reinforces their belief that they don't have a chance...

Oh, and one more thing: Since the beautiful girls can get guys, they are getting laid... So, any new boyfriend has to "compete" against all of her past lovers and many guys don't think they are going to "measure up" (if you know what I mean) compared to those past hunky guys.

So, a beautiful girl needs to be proactive and hit on men instead of waiting for them to hit on her. A beautiful girl being proactive removes doubts males have regarding Beautiful Girl Syndrome Type 2.

1|1
    1|0
  • well, in my opinion the idea of approaching a really attractive girl is always intimidating, personally i always assume they are in a relationship or that she is sick of being annoyed in public by guys going to talk to her every time, it's to avoid unnecesary problems i guess

1|1
    0|0
    • Interesting..

• something i forgot to add is that the more "above from my league" she is, more intimidating becomes the idea of approaching her

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you clinically blind? of course they do look around and observe nature

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• Unless she is obviously not single, a guy should approach a girl he is interested in, period.

1|2
    1|0
    • There is one thing to approach a girl. Homeless people looking for spare change do it all the time. But what is it you say when you approach her? "Hey good lookin', how's it going", "Hey, nice jugs you got there", or something else uncouth? Give us an example because guys that approach me sometimes make me cringe.

• @DublinRollerGirl: It's been quite some time since I approached a woman in public, but I never used "pickup lines" and I was always respectful (and definitely would never say anything about her body). I'd just smile and start a convo, maybe saying something funny, about whatever came to mind at the time.

• intimidated perhaps, but i just assume she's taken already.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure if "intimidated" is the best word to describe my approach to attractive women. I think "cynical" is more accurate. Attractive women usually show no interest in me, so I've reached a point where I don't even bother. Besides, I'd prefer a chance encounter with an average looking woman with a compatible personality over the struggle of pursuing hot women who aren't interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think that’s a question to ask everyone. It’s not the girl in particular that is the issue when it comes to intimidation and guys being able to approach them. The issue is whether or a not a guy has the confidence to approach a girl or not. It will be different with every guy depending on if he is confident enough, so maybe your question should be “Who has the confidence to walk up to an intimidating girl in public if you like her?”

2|0
    0|0
  • Some never approach just like fot the same reasons you doesn't approach them, some others doesn't do it at all no matter interest especially today whith metoo feminism equality, how they work and so on...

Just like some females have the saying "a real man takes initiative" some have "a real woman takes initiative ".

Why doesn't you approach and take initiative?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes sometimes. I for example often feel like "Oh I would do anything for this person..." but then I realise that she'd probably not even look at me as always in history... so yes quite...

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not. I really like attractive girls and want to talk with her and sometime more.
    But i think man guys are intimidated by such girls because they look stronger or the guy think she is too much attractive for him. Everybody may take the chance to have such a girlfriend. Just be confident.

1|0
    0|0
  • Would you be intimidated if the other person was as attractive as you?

1|0
    0|0
  • How is that being intimidated? Intimidated would mean i'm afraid to approach them. I'm not, i just know where i rank that's all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've approached who ever I felt like. Also this whole circlejerk of people asking if guys are intimidated by girls is getting out of hand on this site.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some guys do sometimes yes
    Some guys don't ever
    Some guys almost always do
    Just the way of things

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes we do. It is fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of not being able to preform, or even of success.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if they think they're not good enough, like me.

1|2
    0|0
  • Only in the sense that we're victims of our own fear of rejection.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, more often than you might think...
    Kinda difficult to talk with a big lump in your throat...

1|0
    0|0
  • Not as intimidated from her, as from the fact that she might already be taken

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really but we ask ourselves is it worth competing with half the guys in the room.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no it really depends on the setting. I wouldn’t want to come off as a creeper.

2|0
    0|0
  • I use to, now I am like damn.. If I only find them attractive, if.. I feel there is some type of connection, I would go for it 🤷. You only live once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Guys get very intimidated by some girls. It has a lot to do with the way they carry themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Nahh.. She is cute lady hiding behind aggressive shape.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm intimidated by anyone new, attractiveness doesn't play any factor

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t get intimidated that’s silly a lion is something you get intimidated by

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I don’t approach any one who I don’t think is on the same level

0|0
    0|0
  • First, figure out what the word intimidating means.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely sometimes. 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • I would guess some do, but not all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe friends. Not for a solid relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • i always did

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• I don’t think so. Not most of them.

1|0