Do You Think It's True Women Hold 100 Percent Of The Power In Dating?

1334

Most Helpful Girls

• No, I do not think so. It's more of 50/50, at least in the western world.

• @Hurlyburly

Not true

• @nathanp97 then I've been lucky so far I guess.

• @nathanp97

You're right about the sex part, but that's not what I really want, I want love

• Maybe women hold the power in the initial phase of attraction. Typically women are asked on dates or for their numbers, which may grant them some power to move the relationship forward. However, once that relationship is in motion, I feel that the men regain the power. It is usually the men who decide if the woman is someone they are willing to settle down with or not.

• Sometimes I wish I were born female, cause you have more advantage

• That’s interesting. Do you have trouble initiating conversation with women?

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I don’t think it’s true. How can a woman hold all of the power in dating? If a woman has all of the power in dating, it’s because men GIVE them the power. An attractive woman has a ton of sway and influence over many men, because all the men want to do is have sex with her. That’s all it is. The more men want to have sex with a woman, the more power she has and the more she can get away with. I can only speak for myself but if I’m dating a woman, it’s mutual and the power isn’t vested solely in me or her. If she wants to have sex, I can refuse, if I want her to pay half for our dinner, she’ll have to pay half. Men give women the power, so men are the ones to blame.

• Both give each other power. Stop acting like women wouldn't have a will of their own.

• That's not impossible.

• @azzntittiz

Yea I'm hoping so

• Not 100% and certainly it varies between women, but they generally are the heavyweights and it's hard to recognise your own power as a guy oftentimes -- and often what happens is the girl will just bail if she's not getting the outcome she would prefer. She will look for another opportunity elsewhere because she can afford to be picky with that level of power.

I think if guys everywhere stopped putting up with girls shit then you could make changes and that would be exercising your power as males, but it's a deep hole to get out of though. I think it would require a whole generation of men to essentially 'take one for the team' and in 20 years we will see positive change, but it's understandable that no guy wants to be the guy that makes that sacrifice, so you'll be hard-pressed convincing a generation to do it unless cultural circumstances make it an inevitability.

• What would this change need to require? I don't get what you mean

• Yes, the hard part of the second option is that you have to go without certain things and you get a bunch of other things -- and yes it's hard.

But the way men want women's affection and approval is like an addictive drug, you may want it but that doesn't make it good for you. You obsesses about getting your "fix," it will likely cost you more happiness than it brings. All your eggs are in one basket, so a break up or things not working out like you'd expect have the ability to completely break you.

• I did the same thing. Eventually I came to realise that I'm putting in a ton of work, stress, money, time, mental/emotional energy into a thing that wasn't very fulfilling. I found I had things that would reliably make me happy or give me purpose. I don't draw my self-esteem from what women think of me and I'm happier for it.

I think being happier & more confident and all that makes me more appealing to women (I certainly have a lot more female friends in my life). But women convinced me not to need them and here we are; I don't need them in my life. They got what they wanted.

Of course I'm still interested in a relationship, but as something that I think is unrealistic.
      Although if were to ever settle down it would be on my terms, I wouldn't put up with excessive demands or expectations. Because I'm not pining for female affection I have the will to make sure she's a truly good woman or she can go home.

Anyway, do what you need to. Just know there's the other option if you need it.