I'm unhappy in my relationship. Is there really someone for everyone out there?

I feel so sad and upset. I've been in a long distance relationship and I loved my boyfriend so much that I went through him cheating on me and verbally, emotionally and mentally abusing me for so many years.

I look at other couples and see how they're so happy. They always have someone to go with to festivals and relative weddings. Then there's me, lonely, always the third or fifth wheel and distant wishing my boyfriend was here but no. He's always making excuses that he has to save up to see me but it's been six years.

I'm tired of being with a loser who makes excuses when I'm always the one who visits him out of state.

Is there really someone for everyone out there? I'm scared of being lonely. I'm scared of not being able to feel love and not being able to love the right person. I wish my soulmate or future husband who loves me wholeheartedly would come meet me soon. I'm tired of feeling emotionally broken from someone who puts half ass effort into the relationship.
@cntrybm Thank you. The world needs more people like you, especially on here. Just ignore him. I think he's on his period.

1118

Most Helpful Guys

• First and most important: don't wait around for your soulmate to "come meet" you. In general, don't ever wait for things to happen to you. Go out and make them happen.

To answer your question, no. I don't there's someone for everyone. Some people are meant to live single, and that's fine. They have another calling, something that wouldn't work within marriage. But you shouldn't assume that's your situation, especially not this early in your life.

• I totally feel you. I have felt. like this some many times and i honestly don't believe there is one for everyone

It rather feels like we compromise to be with someone.

I also have realised to stay happy with other things.. sometimes we come across someone really worth when we are least expecting it.
    Never forget to self love and keep interacting with others.. to always be ready to materialise that opportunity to come across that someone.

I truly can understand how devastated u may feel sometimes. But don't be in a state where u feel u r not worthy...

U indeed are worthy and it is just a matter of time 😊

Most Helpful Girls

• You’re too young to settle. If you’re unhappy and feel that you’re the only one who’s pushing... it’s time to leave. Don’t do that to yourself. You’re wasting your best years on a guy that seems not to appreciate it. Move on.

• Is the fear of being alone the only reason that you are with him? You have already called him out as a loser and a cheater, and it also seems that he doesn't loves you that much as well. If so, then why are you with him?
    One of my beliefs is that in order to find someone that truly loves you, you got to love yourself first. Why are you always comparing yourself to others, envying others on their happiness? You seemed to only focus on how happy they looked and what they are presenting to you, but not on what is really happening in their lives. How could you be so sure those couples are truly happy, maybe its only a front.