I'm unhappy in my relationship. Is there really someone for everyone out there?

I feel so sad and upset. I've been in a long distance relationship and I loved my boyfriend so much that I went through him cheating on me and verbally, emotionally and mentally abusing me for so many years.

I look at other couples and see how they're so happy. They always have someone to go with to festivals and relative weddings. Then there's me, lonely, always the third or fifth wheel and distant wishing my boyfriend was here but no. He's always making excuses that he has to save up to see me but it's been six years.

I'm tired of being with a loser who makes excuses when I'm always the one who visits him out of state.

Is there really someone for everyone out there? I'm scared of being lonely. I'm scared of not being able to feel love and not being able to love the right person. I wish my soulmate or future husband who loves me wholeheartedly would come meet me soon. I'm tired of feeling emotionally broken from someone who puts half ass effort into the relationship.
Updates:
@cntrybm Thank you. The world needs more people like you, especially on here. Just ignore him. I think he's on his period.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• First and most important: don't wait around for your soulmate to "come meet" you. In general, don't ever wait for things to happen to you. Go out and make them happen.

To answer your question, no. I don't there's someone for everyone. Some people are meant to live single, and that's fine. They have another calling, something that wouldn't work within marriage. But you shouldn't assume that's your situation, especially not this early in your life.

1|1
    0|0
  • I totally feel you. I have felt. like this some many times and i honestly don't believe there is one for everyone

It rather feels like we compromise to be with someone.

I also have realised to stay happy with other things.. sometimes we come across someone really worth when we are least expecting it.
    Never forget to self love and keep interacting with others.. to always be ready to materialise that opportunity to come across that someone.

I truly can understand how devastated u may feel sometimes. But don't be in a state where u feel u r not worthy...

U indeed are worthy and it is just a matter of time 😊

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• You’re too young to settle. If you’re unhappy and feel that you’re the only one who’s pushing... it’s time to leave. Don’t do that to yourself. You’re wasting your best years on a guy that seems not to appreciate it. Move on.

2|1
    0|0
  • Is the fear of being alone the only reason that you are with him? You have already called him out as a loser and a cheater, and it also seems that he doesn't loves you that much as well. If so, then why are you with him?
    One of my beliefs is that in order to find someone that truly loves you, you got to love yourself first. Why are you always comparing yourself to others, envying others on their happiness? You seemed to only focus on how happy they looked and what they are presenting to you, but not on what is really happening in their lives. How could you be so sure those couples are truly happy, maybe its only a front.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• if u are not getting respect then why you are with him... i don't think that you are that bad that you will not find a partner... and even long distance relationships are also out of my understanding... be realistic leave him and sooner or later you will find a nice guy living or wandering around you...

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh dear. I get that you're afraid of being lonely. I get that you don't want to be alone.

However, it seems that you're already lonely. I've found being in a bad relationship is as bad as being alone. Worse perhaps.

Take a shot at a better life. Break up with this guy. You'll be better off in the long run.

That being said, I don't believe there's someone for everyone. But don't let that be your guiding principle. Take a chance on finding someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firstly, that aura of desperation may run off the very person you are looking for. Like a fisherman that makes too much noise and scares the fish away. Secondly, in ordee to be in a successful relationship, you have to have "the" foundation , not "a" foyndation, but THE foundation

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes there is someone for everybody. And if your not happy you need to move on especially since he's abusive you deserve better but in order to get better you have to want it. Dump him and get out and find your little piece of happiness... You have to love yourself enough to say enough is enough and move on. You feel me?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow lady are you sure he’s emotionally abusing you and not the other way around!!! FFS you have no right putting down someone you love like that by calling them a loser. If that was me I would have left your ass a long time ago. Christ no wonder he doesn’t want to see you I wouldn’t either after reading your attitude on here Christ

0|0
    0|0
    • God lady you’re an asshole he’s better off dumping your ass and finding someone who respects him and treats him with dignity. With an attitude like yours I wouldn’t want to visit you either. And you have a very funny/strange definition of love by belittling somebody and putting them down. Grow up and act your age and show some maturity or Enjoy being a miserable old cat lady

• Show All
    • And by the way I hate FUCKGIRLS like yourselves too

• Enjoy being a miserable old cat lady fuckgirl because you sure as hell ain’t getting no sympathy from me with your cry me a river bullshit story. And by the way if you actually acted like a lady instead of a wannabe man then maybe your boyfriend would treat you better. But when you go around trying to talk shit and act like a fucking guy you’re gonna get put in your place like a fucking guy SO FUCK OFF FUCKGIRL

• So, no I don't believe there's someone for everyone because some people don't deserve anyone because they won't respect or appreciate them. They'll use whoever as a punching bag or to make them feel better about themselves. You miss, I believe has someone out there that will respect you, love you, want to spend time with you and they don't live a world away. Look closer to home. There's someone looking for you but you're tied up in this relationship that is robbing you of opportunity, self confidence, happiness, true love and growth.
    Move on. Don't let him talk you into staying. You deserve better. Get out and meet guys around you. Get off the internet because it's too hard to find good guys online. Meet guys where you can also meet their friends and see what kind of people he hangs out with, how he interacts with other people, and choose the one that talks to others and treats others the way you would like him to treat you.

1|1
    1|0
  • You should leave him it is better for you and him.. It is too suffocating to be in toxic relationship.. For other part I would say no need to underestimate yourself.. Be patient.. I am 31 and still waiting for my mate

0|0
    0|0
  • There is someone for everyone. It's understandable to be scared. But yeah this isn't worth it. You deserve to be happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Guy sounds like a loser. Time for you to find someone who will treat you right. Maybe someone closer

3|0
    0|0
  • I do believe that there is someone for everyone. I think you need to move on, find that person for you, and live happily ever after.

1|0
    0|0
  • there is one for everyone, but we all should act and speak responsible accordingly not to screw ourselves. dont panic, just use your head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ditch the loser plenty of willing young men out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you stay in a shitty relationship for fear of being alone, you will never find that out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well why dont you marry him and live together? If I love you it means I would live with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please leave him.

0|0
    0|0
  • l understand everything you are saying

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• He is long distance you could just block his number and all social media and move on. Your problem is that you have low self esteem and seek validation in others rather than yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally think there is someone for everyone, I’m pretty sure you will find someone who will make you smile and happy to be with. Everyone deserves to be happy. I hope you find that person soon :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but the answer is no. It would be nice if there was someone for everyone EXCEPT not everyone wants that. This
    brings imbalance right away.
    However, that doesn't mean someone doesn't exist for YOU. But you never know until you look. For me, I just don't know. I've stopped looking. For now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you still in this relationship leave him
    No guy that abuse a women is not a man I don't even know how to describe him

1|0
    0|0
    • I was with a guys almost like that he did not abuse me but I had to do everything in the relationship I was even planning on going and meet him he wouldn't send me pictures I had to do most of the things and when I ask him to support me in doing something once for my self he did not supported me I was heart broken. So I broke up with him 6 months ago after being together for 2 years. I was a long distance relationship.

• There are multiple people for multiple people out there. It’s not just some “one”

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think he is the loser here. If you wanted you could break up easily but you dont because you got dependent of him. That happens when you dont have a life but just "me and my bf" thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him and find yourself

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes there is someone

0|0
    0|0
  • leave him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes