What do you do if you are not one of the priorities of your partner?

My boyfriend is busy with work which I understand and won't disturb. It's just that I haven't seen him for a week (we live 10 min apart), and would like to see him on the weekend, he said one of his old friends will come back in town and he won't have time for me. That's how I realize I am not one of his priorities. Especially I will be gone next week for Thanksgiving and he knows it , we won't see each other next week either.
He said he is full on his project , and he has to meet his old friends , and sleeps well, has no energy for me now. So he wants to hang in 2 weeks. I ll just focus on myself and also catch up with some old friends.

Thank you all for your opinions !

1516

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah but I don't understand how him hanging out with his friends has anything to do with seeing you he can't do both

• So did you get to talk to him yet about it hopefully he can hang out with his friends and then after you finish hanging out with his friends come hang out with you what's wrong with that I think that's a great idea

• well if he wants to be 100% focused on his project then why is he hanging out with his friends stay home and focus on your project. Do you agree cuz I don't see how you can give 100% to his project when he's hanging out with his boys that makes no sense

• Thanks for the MHO

• lol wtf? that's pretty messed up, is he going to be with him 24/7, sleep together, and etc? lols... can't he stop by your place at night, or at least invite you to come out at least one day out of those seven days and be like "yo bro, i would like you to meet my girl" or something like that?

but well, i usually just do the same thing people do to me, treat them the way they treat me, if i'm not the priority then i won't make them my priority either. when they be like "wtf man?", i'll be like what do you mean wtf? i just did the same thing you did to me so stfu, lols!

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends who the friend is. If it is somebody he has known for more than 10 years - then I can understand why he would feel meeting with this friend is necessary. If it is just a random person he barely knows and there is no family history or significant reason for meeting them and the person did not travel a long distance to see them - I would begin to distance myself from him.

• he knows that friend for at least 4 years and she went away for graduate school and finally came back to home town. So yes it is a good friend, but still I feel he should leave some time for me.

• Also he needs to go out to watch game with his dad , and he can't bring me because he is not ready for me to meet him

But then he has time at nights, he needs to focus on work and spend some alone time

• I can understand that seeing his fried if he hasn't seen him in years or he's just popping back into town for a visit because he gets to see you more often than his friend

I recommend that you chat to him and not fight him, and come to see his point of view, if it's acceptable to you then tell him that you want to see him before you leave, if not wrap up the relationship and start a new, a guy who is in love with you or loves you would always make a plan to see you, there's pros and cons to any relationship, find out which one has more and then decide. There has to be a compromise somewhere in the plans and relationships

It used to be the same with me although a lot further in distance and I spoke to him about it and now when he can he makes plans to see me for long periods of time since we've been in a long distance relationship for about 5 years now.