Would you date an asexual?

I've wondered this because I'm asexual and I wouldn't mind having a relationship but my best friend has said that sex is a big factor in his relationships.

Are people not satisfied with being unconditionally loved for themselves instead of sex?

(asexual) someone who isn't interested in sex or sexual activities.

1342

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think that I could. If months and months went by and I just never felt desired or wanted it would be too big of a hole in my needs.

Do you have sex? What I mean is, it seems like sex is something you don't really want or need but do you just do it sometimes to please your mate or do you literally expect them to never have sex?

Anyway, if you do offer up your body from time to time... if I felt my mate literally was only doing it to appease me and, deep down, they couldn't care less if they were ever intimate with me... that would bother me and I don't think I could be in a long term relationship like that.

• Absolutely not, it's one of the biggest dealbreakers there is.

For me, romantic love involves sexual attraction. If there's no mutual sexual attraction, there can be 'love' but it's more like the love between family members. It's simply not the same thing.

I can wait a -long- time for sexual things if there's a reason, I could probably sustain a long distance relationship for a long time, but being unwanted sexually destroys any romantic love I feel.

That doesn't mean -you- should feel that way, but that's how most non-asexuals feel.

Most Helpful Girls

• Sex might be a very important part of one's relationship but if the love of my life happens to be asexual, I'd not mind staying forever bonded to them. In fact in my opinion its simply astonishingly amazing that a sexual person is dating an as asexual. Love is all about sacrifice. Kudos to all who have opinions similar to mine...

• You probably should date someone else who is asexual. To avoid future issues. Some people at first would say sure and respect you, but urges will eventually overpower.
    Some people can't help it. It's just natural to them. Just like not being so interested in sex or wanting it is natural to you. Nothing wrong with either. Just apart of who we may be. We may not be able to understand each other but yeah.