Would you date an asexual?

I've wondered this because I'm asexual and I wouldn't mind having a relationship but my best friend has said that sex is a big factor in his relationships.

Are people not satisfied with being unconditionally loved for themselves instead of sex?

(asexual) someone who isn't interested in sex or sexual activities.

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think that I could. If months and months went by and I just never felt desired or wanted it would be too big of a hole in my needs.

Do you have sex? What I mean is, it seems like sex is something you don't really want or need but do you just do it sometimes to please your mate or do you literally expect them to never have sex?

Anyway, if you do offer up your body from time to time... if I felt my mate literally was only doing it to appease me and, deep down, they couldn't care less if they were ever intimate with me... that would bother me and I don't think I could be in a long term relationship like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not, it's one of the biggest dealbreakers there is.

For me, romantic love involves sexual attraction. If there's no mutual sexual attraction, there can be 'love' but it's more like the love between family members. It's simply not the same thing.

I can wait a -long- time for sexual things if there's a reason, I could probably sustain a long distance relationship for a long time, but being unwanted sexually destroys any romantic love I feel.

That doesn't mean -you- should feel that way, but that's how most non-asexuals feel.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Sex might be a very important part of one's relationship but if the love of my life happens to be asexual, I'd not mind staying forever bonded to them. In fact in my opinion its simply astonishingly amazing that a sexual person is dating an as asexual. Love is all about sacrifice. Kudos to all who have opinions similar to mine...

1|0
    0|0
  • You probably should date someone else who is asexual. To avoid future issues. Some people at first would say sure and respect you, but urges will eventually overpower.
    Some people can't help it. It's just natural to them. Just like not being so interested in sex or wanting it is natural to you. Nothing wrong with either. Just apart of who we may be. We may not be able to understand each other but yeah.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• If there's still kissing and some snuggling involved I would.
    I can't not kiss her, that would be too hard for me.
    I'd be curious about forming a deeper bond with a woman than it just revolving around sex.
    Someone I could completely trust as well.
    I think an asexual woman would be really interesting.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, it's ok for her being asexual, as long as we do have sex.

It's not fair from you to expect me to ignore my needs. It's not fair from me to expect you to have sex with me. So either one of us gives in, or it won't work out. But why wouldn't you have sex with your partner? Even if you don't get pleasure out of it, don't you want to do something for your SO where he gets a great amount of pleasure from? Don't you want to satisfy your partner?

0|3
    0|0
  • There are guys out there for you. Years ago I knew a lady who was asexual and could not care less about sex, even though she had sex before. She ended up getting married. My guess would be her husband was also asexual.

1|1
    0|0
  • Things always go smoothest when you date someone whose libido matches yours. That's why being honest up-front is important. Nobody should feel obligated, but nobody should feel deceived, either.

2|3
    0|0
  • lol... better off single hon. or date a plant or something.

1|1
    0|0
  • I believe that good sex is part of what makes a good relationship. If the other person is asexual and doesn't want any form of sex or sexual activities, might as well just be friends because dating them would be a waste of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely wouldn't judge them. However, it would be difficult to date someone that doesn't know what sex he/she identifies as in the relationship. I would help them find a good therapist. I would be supportive as a friend as he/she sorts things out.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't be interested in doing that. But the people in the asexual "community" can date each other.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well I would
    That's better for me I want to wait till marriage so this is a good way to hold my horses, but in hope that it lossen up with time and attraction would end it

0|0
    0|0
  • I would sure, but for me sex is just an opportunity to feel closer to the person I love and make her feel good while knowing her better, getting intimate...
    But there are other big parts in relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • being loved by an asexual is same as being loved from a member of your family... can you tell me the difference?

1|1
    1|0
  • Your definition of asexual kind of defeats the point of dating in my opinion. What's the difference between a boyfriend and a friend who's a guy if sex isn't a factor?

0|0
    0|0
  • You've misunderstood. You're female, ergo your lack of interest in these things is completely normal, despite what society tells you. Any man dating a woman is dating an asexual.

0|0
    3|2
    • Bish not true. Back when I had a boyfriend I would jump onto that dick at least three times a damn day.

• I'm not in a rush to get sexual with potential romantic partners, but I'm not sure i'd be comfortable entering a potentially sexual relationship with this person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have considered a bot just to fill the lonely emptiness gap. So yes I absolutely would no doubt. That's if I weren't MGTOW. already because the system is dangerous to guys.

0|0
    0|2
  • No. I need sex for intimacy. No intimacy = no relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me the most important things is not sex instead I enjoy of talking to someone who understand you properly and you can share your ideas with her in summary I enjoy of minds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.
    For me sex is important in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people need to feel sexual connection or they feel their needs aren't met.

0|2
    0|0
  • No, because I consider sex an important expression of relationship. However, that's not necessarily true for everyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm afraid not.
    Mind, there are two kinds of asexuals here. There are those who have sex, but only likes the part about being cozy and close, even though it doesn't otherwise do very much for them. True It gets a bit one-sided for the one who's more of a sexual person. It's a sacrifice but it can still be good enough.

Someone who's asexual AND has an aversion to ever having sex though? No, they can only be together with other asexuals... or learn to be at least ok with having sex (if possible).

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't mind being friends, but I'm interested in a relationship, not friendship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, but nonsexual intimacy such as kissing and cuddling are essential.

1|1
    0|1
  • But, even though asexuals have no interest in sex, they do have the plumbing for it, don't they?
    It's still possible for an asexual to HAVE sex, right? Maybe what an asexual should do to compromise is at least try to have sex and enjoy it, and maybe they can just mark it down as something they do to make the OTHER person happy, like when you let your S. O. pick what show to watch.
    Sex is not a priority for me in a relationship, but it is certainly something I want. I wouldn't say no to an asexual right away, but I would make it clear that sex is something I want on the menu eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe.

0|0
    0|1
  • I have and it is frustrating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I cannot see why not...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for a second

0|1
    0|0
  • I would.

0|0
    0|1
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• To be completely honest with you, to me sex is a huge factor. It's part of loving each other in a new, special way. I don't think I could personally date someone who's asexual, but there are enough people out there who probably would.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sex is super important, and there would be no point in dating an asexual. Love each other and being close with no sex, that´s friendship, not a relationship.

0|2
    0|0
  • This guy I have a crush on is asexual. I'd def date him bc I'm VERY conservative when it comes to sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I need true love and good sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • No that's weird

0|1
    2|0
  • i donnos it might get annoying in the long term

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a very very high libido so nah

0|1
    0|0
  • Ehhh... sex isn’t the most important thing in a relationship for me but I do have a high sex drive and if they were asexual, I couldn’t have sex with them bc lmao that would be like rape

0|0
    0|0
  • most men on earth need bodily connection with a woman. so no. they wouldn't. and they are correct.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do asexual people like kissing or is that sexual

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh my answer is no I wouldn’t because then it wouldn’t be a romantic relationship it would be a friendship. But I’m just wondering about that

Recommended myTakes