Singles, do you feel the need to sleep next to someone?

I still sleeping with my teddy bear, but not because I'm scared to sleep alone, I just feel the strong primal need to have a male next to me while sleeping. The need to feel a strong protective arm wrapped around me.
Singles, do you feel the need to sleep next to someone?
  • Yes, strongly
    Vote A
  • Sometimes
    Vote B
  • Not at all
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't have it all the time, but sometimes I do, and it sure feels nice. I'm technically not single, I've got something going on with this one girl, but we still don't sleep together or anything, so yeah.

On another note, inneedofusername, I seriously believe that you should dial back on your religious requirements. I don't want to be an asshole, I really don't. I'm just saying that you would be a lot happier if you allowed someone in your life, regardless of whether he's a virgin, or if he wants to marry you. You're a nice gal, and I bet a lot of guys would be interested in you, even if you wanted to take things slow.

1|0
    0|0
    • When did I ever say that I'm religious? Assuming that most polish people are catholics is not true and many polish people would be offended by that

• I think you said that you are, but even if you aren't, your desire to be a virgin before marriage conicides with religious traditions.

• And I also never said that I want to be a virgin before marriage. You're mistaking me with someone else or you poorly understood why I want only a virgin guy

• I have a pillow.

I am a cuddler for whatever reasons. I suppose partly because I get so little affection, I have to make up for it. I think a teddy bear or something would seem silly for a guy older than 20 to have, so I have a pillow instead of stuffed animals.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Nah. I've been alone so long, while it's nice to sleep next to someone, I kind of like having the bed to myself.

2|1
    0|0
  • All the time. It’s hard because I’ve never had a relationship and don’t know how to navigate all that. Usually I read super technical articles or books so I just fall asleep and don’t think about it. But if I’m desperate I’ll listen to the boyfriend asmr videos on YouTube. But yeah. Going to bed exhausted makes the loneliness go away.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• My wife has night terrors so she hits me in her sleep and I can't sleep in a bed because I used to be homeless as a teen and would sleep in an abandoned theme park with wild dogs to stay warm. I'm also a light sleeper because in my country people steal your hair while you're sleeping to use for black magic.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know how you feel.
    Lately, I've been feeling the same urge. Sometimes I wrap my arm around a pillow or something and pretend I'm squeezing the cutest girl. I'm just at that age where I'm interested in finding a real mate.

1|0
    0|0
  • "I just feel the strong primal need to have a male next to me while sleeping." very nice and I like having her there too.

2|0
    0|0
  • Same here, I always have that strong desire to cuddle with a woman
    Having her sweet head on my chest with me sniffing through her sweet hair and caressing her face; a desire that makes me cling to my pillow really hard and cry on it

1|0
    0|0
  • Not single, but since I still live separate from my girlfriend we both have cuddle pillows because its so lonely to sleep without each other. When we can sleep together though its been amazing.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's difficult for me to sleep with someone else. I've slept alone most of my life, so I'm used to it. Still, it would be nice to sleep with someone sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • What are you hitting in poll - 75% are saying that they would like to be held or to hold someone - No surprise to me

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, my bed only has enough space for one person either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if anybody needs a cuddle buddy, I'll gladly offer. 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • Aww that's cute
    Well sure I have that feeling, it is basic
    We need someone there by us

1|0
    0|0
  • Why the hell do you think I have 2 pillows on bed.. And I often roll my mattress 😂🤣

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel the need to sleep with my best friend (girl) when it's very cold xD

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be nice, but I'm not looking for the to happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the season...
    Winter... hop in
    Summer... Gtfo

1|0
    0|0
  • I hug the pillow, and it actually relaxes me a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I sleep with someone a few nights a week but I prefer to sleep alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • B. Sometime. I love having a beautiful lady at my side.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, i crave for it. Why it has to be this way ooff

1|0
    0|0
  • I kinda like the idea of cuddling which I why I like to nap with my pets.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ja też, ale nie mów nikomu

1|0
    0|0
  • Something comforting about being the small spoon.

1|0
    0|0
  • not just to someone, but only with my future wife

1|0
    0|0
  • That is why I bought a body pillow.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's be nice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Every time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I would rather have the bed to myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I like having the entire bed to myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, never. I enjoy having all of the space to myself. No one hording the covers, no one else moving around, and no one snoring. Judging by the other comments, I'm the rare exception.

1|0
    0|0
  • lol, you ever see the episode of family guy, where they talk about this sort of thing. peter and lois decide they want to get new twin beds because they think there's just not enough room in the bed anymore for the both of them. but when they try getting two twin size beds, and pushing them together, peter starts missing the idea of being able to "snuggle". guys hate using the word, or well, at least i do, but, we still love doing it, of course.

so peter winds up asking his best friend quagmire, another guy, to, well, "sleep" with him.. and he just means of course, what you're talking about, "snuggling" with another person that you're CLOSE to. they make a joke about it saying "it's not gay to do it, right?"

they do it for the first couple weeks or whatever it is, but then peter and lois make up and decided to go back to their original bed. you see them make up, and when peter gets out of bed with quagmire, you can literally see quagmire on peters back, suffocating, if i find the clip. ill post it

this question made me think of that.

but, i dk, i mean, i dk how i feel about it, personally.

i don't sleep with anything other than my phone right now

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• I am in a relationship but I can remember feeling the most lonely during night time back when I was single. Therefore my answer is a clear yes. And this although I absolutely cannot stand cuddling while sleeping. For me its more about the pure presence of someone else next to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you aren’t counting pets, somewhere between not all and rarely. My cat doesn’t always sleep on my bed and when he does he’s usually at the edge away from me if we are both asleep.

I felt different the first month or two after my breakup a little over a year ago though, but that’s expected. My mind and body were still going through the initial shock of not having someone beside me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im not single, but i like the space and it was weird going from bed to my self to my boyfriend sharing it with me , but growing up i would not cuddle but use the blanket next to me as a pillow and put my arm around the blanket

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not a need, more of a want sometimes. Most times I'm ok with sleeping alone, but some nights I really miss a warm body being next to me.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm single and I like to sleep next to someone. Not do anything else, just rest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don´t like sleeping next to somebody else. I sleep much better alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, "need" is a strong word. It's just a want for me. Sometimes I cuddle with my pillow.

2|1
    0|0
  • Lol no, being single I think that might be a problem

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuddling is my favorite thing almost ever. The man is usually my little spoon to rub on. I'll have another in time, but not right now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine during the day but do think about it often at night :/ I do like cuddling in general though

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I get you... because I feel that way sometimes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, just me is good, more bed space for me

2|0
    0|0
  • yeah i love cuddles

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all when I was single

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, strongly
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • I like my Whole bed so no

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I love having a whole bed to myself. I get to leave my laptop, TV remote, phone, any other things on one side. It’s great.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well being in a relationship, I still prefer the bed to myself. It's actually the most reasons we're arguing at the moment as he sleeps better next to me, and I struggle to sleep with someone breathing on me

1|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes